Author Topic: Hash oil  (Read 9388 times)

wirringun

hash
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2003, 05:03:00 AM »

g'day people will post something turning cannibiods to thc & thc into delta 9-thc (otc)
this provided you have oil to start with
also if you want to turn your hash oil to solid hash it's as easy as
get some leaf you've already blasted with butane crush it
til its a very fine powder mix with oil @ 40% oil to 60% 
hash oil place between two books for pressing leave for afew hrs in a cool  to cold place, you can mix your oil to powdered leaf ratio as strong or as weak as you like although its not recommended to have less than 25-30% oil in mix and not as strong 75-80% oil
gwandawalan(peace bee with you)
wirringun

El_Zorro

I don't know what the fuck the guy above me...
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2003, 08:07:00 AM »
I don't know what the fuck the guy above me just posted, but I do remember reading somewhere(maybe it was Shulgin's bit about future drugs of abuse, who knows) about some guys in the US who were growing bud, extractiong the hash oil, and refulxing the hash oil with acetic anhydride, which produced an acetyl of THC.  This acetal ws a powder, and could be distributed as such, and had no residual plant matter or oil left in it.

They got busted and sent to jail for it anyway, but it makes a nice story.  To me, anyway.

baalchemist

THC acetate sucks, waste of time.
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2003, 11:28:00 AM »
THC acetate sucks, waste of time. Iso'd hash oil, then non-polar extracted, gives the raging stone.

BlingBling

Actually!!
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2003, 08:20:00 PM »
All you really need to get super ripped is a good kif box and some super frosty foilage.

Extracting THC is fun, and get's you baked no doubt.. but if you want to smoke bang bang, you must kif your herb!

Caution: Bong hits of kif will almost always leave you retarded. Being retarded means you will be unproductive. Being unproductive may lead to depression, at which point you need to smoke more to counter that awful state of being. Finally, you may decide enough is enough, but most likely, that wont happen, so keep smoking!!!

Much respect to the most beautiful plant on earth!  :)  I love you pot.  :)

sasser

thc acetate is the only way to stabilize the...
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2003, 06:40:00 AM »
thc acetate is the only way to stabilize the drug for commercial sale.Once extracted the crap self destructes proportanaly to heat and light

phase_dancer

THC citrate?
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2003, 05:49:00 AM »
I remember reading in one of the two books Rhodium mentioned (Marijuana Chemistry or Marijuana Alchemy) that the citrate salt, if it could be prepared, would be very potent.

Was this BS, or is there some merit in this claim? I know some pharmaceuticals are prepared in this form.

Would such a salt be impossibly difficult to prepare and if not would it be stable?

Rhodium

You are probably mistaken, you cannot prepare...
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2003, 02:21:00 PM »
You are probably mistaken, you cannot prepare salts of THC, as it contains no acid or basic groups.

wirringun

I am talking about ISOMERIZATION man and the...
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2003, 06:06:00 AM »
I am talking about ISOMERIZATION man and the other part of post is simple mix for turning your oil into a solid hash

dissolve hash oil in pure methanol or absolute ethanol 10grams of solvent per 1 gram of extract
ther must NOT bee any h20 as the next step is the addition of 100% SULPHURIC ACID acid must bee stirred slowly and completely
place sol in pyrex pot and put into reflux app for 2 hrs
allow to cool when cool
pour equal amount of d-h20 and 1-2 volume of pet ether shake quickly for sec to expose to ether let settle then drain ether layer
this leaves a mix that needs to bee purged
pour into 4 volumes of 5% sodium bi carbonate 1 gram ofsodium bi carb to 20g's of d-h20
allow to settle then drain ether layer
pour equal amount of d-h20 let seperate then drain ether layer
evaporate ether and your left with hash oil in which all cbd's have turned into thc and thc to delta-9-thc
have fun and enjoy!
wirringun
:)  ;D  ;)  :)

wirringun

Forgetful me too much hash oil
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2003, 02:59:00 AM »

in the post about isomerization the addition of sulphuric acid 100% must bee added drop by drop  1 drop per gram of extract

dennis_pro

The military guys think different, however...
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2003, 03:08:00 AM »

Rhodium

Very interesting!
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2003, 05:31:00 AM »
Very interesting! What is the source for this, and which is reference #4 in the document?

dennis_pro

Here is the source
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2003, 05:59:00 AM »

adroit_synth

THC-5and O-Acetyl-THC
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2003, 07:42:00 AM »
The link on Rh's very own page

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/pdf/the.total.synthesis.of.cannabinoids.pdf

(or the concise overview if you prefer) concerning total synthesis of THC covers all of the topics here regarding potency of analogues as well as methods. It excludes the isomerizations as no CBD is ever produced but it may discuss CBD activity. It states that 1,2-dimethylheptyl or 1,1-dimethylheptyl analogues (coined THC-5 in the overview) are about 500 times more potent than THC (which agrees with the above post). As well as other variants that extend the duration as much as 5x (THC-6). So IMHO the THC manipulation here would be the one to convert regular THC into the unbelievably potent analogue -> effective dose 1/500,000 gm. per kilogram! WOW! Thats an active dose of around 150mics if my converstion factor is correct. That potency reminds me of LSD. Exactly what the procedure entails is something I ask of you for my knowledge is inadequate.

As for substitution in the aromatic ring, electronegative groups such as carboxyl, carbomethoxyl and acetyl eliminate activity (page 68 of pdf). Now this is where it disagrees with the above post and I wonder if duration is a consideration. This would explain the creeper buzz as it becomes active once again as the groups are metabolized off. Not necessarily a bad thing and it does increase stability.

Propane was mentioned above as a suitable substitute for butane. I am aware that it is supercritical as well and it is this characteristic which accounts for butane's selectivity in its extraction, but do not know what else is involved here. Does the propane compare to butane for THC?

a_s

adroit_synth

kif?
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2003, 07:44:00 AM »
Oh and apparently I am not keen on the lingo.

What does kif mean?

Vitus_Verdegast

If I remember correctly..
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2003, 09:04:00 AM »
..'kif' is the product obtained by freezing off the cannabinoid-rich pollen of the flowers, you could say it is a form of hashish.

Apparantely there is a confusing nomenclature problem with the THC-V. According to the article you refer to "it states that 1,2-dimethylheptyl or 1,1-dimethylheptyl analogues (coined THC-V in the overview) are about 500 times more potent than THC".

But delta-9-THCV (no "-") is apparantely also known as tetrahydrocannabivarin, or the propyl homologue of THC (1 carbon shorter). This occurs, contrary to the dimethylheptyl homologue, in nature as a minor product next to the commonly found cannabinoids in some cannabis variant (especially the South-African ones IIRC).
Now I was under the impression that a shorter side-chain homologue also gave shorter lasting effects, as opposed to THC-V, so it is quite clear that this kind of nomenclature can be problematic.

interesting read:
delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabivarin (delta-9-THCV) as a Marker for the Ingestion of Cannabis versus Marinol

Journal of Analytical Toxicology, Volume 23, Number 3, May/June 1999, pp.222-224.

https://www.jatox.com/abstracts/1999/may-june/222-elsohly.htm

adroit_synth

nomenclature clarification
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2003, 09:16:00 PM »
Vitus_Verdegast: we are talking about two completely different molecules as you pointed out, yours is the propyl analogue and mine the dimethylheptyl analogue. The overview above the pdf at Rhodium's website designates the dimethylheptyl analogue as THC-V as in roman numeral for it is the fifth one they discuss. The THC analogue I refer to is the very same as the one that is deemed 512 times more potent than THC in the above posted reference. Rather redundant posting on my part I admit. I was simply stating that the info is on Rhodium's site already.

I have edited the above posts to say 5 and 6 instead.

Now for the kif. You say it is obtained by freezing off the pollen. So you just freeze it and it falls of? I am very interested in this procedure.

Oh, and how about the propane guys? It would help me a great deal if propane was a viable solvent.

Vaaguh

isomerization using hcl
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2004, 03:37:00 PM »
Does anybody know if the isomerization also proceeds by refluxing hash oil with conc. HCl?

lugh

Isomerization Procedure
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2004, 04:04:00 PM »
In Stark's Marijuana Chemistry it states:

The isomerization of CBD to THC is accomplished by refluxing with a small quantity of organic or inorganic acid. If alcohol is being used, add about 2 ml of 1 normal HCl for each 200 ml of solvent

:)

anasazi

re: kif
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2004, 08:29:00 PM »
>..'kif' is the product obtained by freezing off the >cannabinoid-rich pollen of the flowers, you could say it >is a form of hashish.

Actually, this is a common misconception. Some people (especially in the middle east) refer to kif as pollen, but it is infact the mature trichomes which are knocked off of the plant and collected. The capitate-stalked trichomes ooze resin in later stages of flowering. They are pressed to make hash.