The Hive > Serious Chemistry

Weak effects are not necessarily a bad thing.....

(1/3) > >>

wolff_kishner:
It is considerably weaker in both potency and qualitative effects than (meth)amphetamine, it gives no euphoria
--- End quote ---

Perhaps, then, one may be able to avoid conviction under the analogue act by saying that it cannot be an analogue of methamphetamine because its stimulant effect is not substantially similiar to nor greater than methamphetamine. What do you think? A new set of RC companies could be formed without fear of conviction.

methyl_ethyl:
A new set of RC companies could be formed without fear of conviction.

I would tend to doubt that statement.  Research companies that get into the business on the basis of a "grey market" business model tend to not only fail miserably but  end up owing  large sums of money to the government (US) or even worse jail time  ::) .  I cannot stress the point any further that those that want to make money on the "gray market" are wasting their time.  Sure you might be able to pile up 300k (USD) during a good run, like the 1,4 Butanediol operation in Festus MO, however the odds are that you will be caught, and have to serve a lengthy sentence are almost guaranteed.

We have come to the point that formation of a small scale chemical supply wholesaler could never be formed without fear of conviction....

regards,

m_e

Vitus_Verdegast:
Perhaps, then, one may be able to avoid conviction under the analogue act by saying that it cannot be an analogue of methamphetamine because its stimulant effect is not substantially similiar to nor greater than methamphetamine. What do you think?

An analogue is an analogue regardless of potency. You will not be able to avoid conviction if you sell this to the public, esp. not if they are called 'ravergirl69' etc.. Haven't you learned enough of the recent events?

A new set of RC companies could be formed without fear of conviction

Actually, I was very glad that the so-called research chemical companies were taken down. Of course I oppose the repulsive tactics used for this by the DEA strongly, but in no way I will support a bunch of greedy businessmen who earn lots of money in a completely immoral way and next to that are the main cause of illegalization of many interesting compounds.
I also support installing laws that make not the compounds but the RC companies illegal.

wolff_kishner:
An analogue is an analogue regardless of potency.
--- End quote ---

When I say analogue, I meant an analogue as defined by the analogue act. The act states that the chemical structure AND the effects must be substantially similiar for the substance to qualify as an analogue. Therefore, a substance with weaker effects would not be called an analogue under the law, because the effects are not "substantially similar" to a controlled substance.

psyloxy:
Therefore, a substance with weaker effects would not be called an analogue under the law, because the effects are not "substantially similar" to a controlled substance.
--- End quote ---

You think telling that to a US judge will get you out of court as a free man ? Damn, wake up ! I bet there's a host of DEA friendly 'scientists' who will testify how enormously substantial the similarities are. The law is made of rubber and always bent to your disadvantage, especially the drug laws, especially in the US.

Forget it. End of discussion.

--psyloxy--

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version