Author Topic: A review of central 5-HT receptors  (Read 3631 times)

pHarmacist

A review of central 5-HT receptors
« on: August 30, 2003, 03:53:00 AM »

Neuropharmacology 38 (1999) 1083–1152

(http://pharmacist-hive.tripod.com/5H-T-review.pdf)
Nicholas M. Barnes and Trevor Sharp

The file is 4.5 mb! Do not start download if you're not interested, read the abstract first! Thank you!

Abstract: It is now nearly 5 (it was back in 1999) years since the last of the currently recognised 5-HT receptors was identified in terms of its cDNA sequence. Over this period, much effort has been directed towards understanding the function attributable to individual 5-HT receptors in the brain. This has been helped, in part, by the synthesis of a number of compounds that selectively interact with individual 5-HT receptor subtypes—although some 5-HT receptors still lack any selective ligands (e.g. 5-ht1E, 5-ht5A and 5-ht5B receptors). The present review provides background information for each 5-HT receptor subtype and subsequently reviews in more detail the functional responses attributed to each receptor in the brain. Clearly this latter area has moved forward in recent years and this progression is likely to continue given the level of interest associated with the actions of 5-HT. This interest is stimulated by the belief that pharmacological manipulation of the central 5-HT system will have therapeutic potential. In support of which, a number of 5-HT receptor ligands are currently utilised, or are in clinical development, to reduce the symptoms of CNS dysfunction.

fnord

5-HT review
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2003, 08:53:00 AM »
exelent coverage i may send some info that would be relavant to a follow up that you would be interested in. if i can get around to finding it (my hard drives a mess)

jsorex

Damn, it's gone. Can you upload it somewhere...
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2003, 01:47:00 PM »
Damn, it's gone. Can you upload it somewhere that else?