Author Topic: 6-Methoxyharmaline  (Read 1709 times)

Rhodium

6-Methoxyharmaline
« on: June 09, 2002, 03:30:00 AM »
Is there anyone here who has any experience with "6-Methoxyharmaline", or more correctly 6-Methoxy-Tetrahydroharman? It is easily made from melatonin or 5-methoxy-tryptamine (see Tihkal #44, 6-MeO-THH). When Tihkal went to print, it had not been tested on humans yet.

koretexx

I am most interested in MAO-b inhibiting ...
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2002, 01:28:00 AM »
I am most interested in MAO-b inhibiting beta-carbolines. Coffee has a appreciable amount of one of the most potent MAO-b inihibiting MAOI's norharman. Ironic isn't it.

Food Additives and Contaminants 

Document Request

Title: Identification and occurrence of the bioactive â-carbolines norharman and harman in coffee brews
Author(s): T. Herraiz 
Source: Food Additives and Contaminants      Volume: 19 Number: 8 Page: 748 -- 754 
DOI: 10.1080/02652030210145892
Publisher: Taylor and Francis Ltd 
Abstract: Norharman and harman, two heterocyclic â-carboline alkaloids with biological activity, were found in brewed coffee. Identification and analysis were carried out by HPLC-MS and RP-HPLC-fluorescence, respectively. All tested samples of brewed coffee including ground coffee, decaffeinated coffee, instant coffee and espresso contained both norharman and harman in variable amounts. Norharman was the major â-carboline alkaloid in brewed coffee at levels up to 9.34 ìg g-1 in instant ground coffee compared with harman, which had levels up to 1.67 ìg g-1. The two â-carbolines appeared to be formed during roasting of the coffee beans. It is concluded that drinking coffee is a major exogenous dietary source of these bioactive â-carboline alkaloids previously reported as mild psychoactive compounds in animal studies and in vitro co-mutagens. These results support our previous conclusion that foods containing â-carbolines are an important exogenous source of these alkaloids in humans. 
Reference Links: 37 

http://dandini.ingentaselect.com/vl=66450295/cl=15/nw=1/rpsv/cgi-bin/linker

?

Irony has it that for I that my daily dose of amphetamine seems to be prolonged and less harsh when administered in a nice mildy strong cup of coffe with addition of equal parts of milk and a small amount of honey for that dextrose kick that amphetamines definatly highten.

I think pinolene the compound you are asking about has a MAO activity in between norharman and harmaline inhibiting MAO-A and B in same proportions. Harmaline is mostly MAO-A inhibiting while norharman is more MAO-b inhibiting and one reason why I like it more as one can see with dopamine MAO-b is its major metabolizer.

If I could I would want to find a good source of pure norharman or synth it my self. I think pure tryptophan is needed though for its formation. No methoxy groups if I remember right. Harman is more on the MAO-A side so it causes adrenaline increase and cause heart and other parts to speed up as also blood pressure which to a student trying to concentrate is not as fun.

I think meth and norharman would be a good ayhuasca combo;)

koretexx

Found this too. I had a freind how took ...
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2002, 01:38:00 AM »
Found this too. I had a freind how took methadone and he swore that until he drank some coffe with his methadone it did not kick in full affect. My dad also has to smoke some weed with hid morphine for it to work. Cigs and dope smoke both have norharman in them.

42. The inhibitory effect of norharman on morphine withdrawal syndrome in rats: comparison with ibogaine. Cappendijk, S.L., Fekkes, D. and Dzoljic, M.R. Behav Brain Res 65:117-119, 1994.

Abstract: Norharman (20 mg/kg, i.p.) and ibogaine (40 mg/kg, i.p.) significantly attenuated naloxone (4 mg/kg, i.p.)-precipitated withdrawal syndrome in morphine-dependent rats. Several withdrawal signs, such as teeth-chattering, chewing, penile licking and diarrhoea, were decreased by both norharman and ibogaine. In addition, norharman reduced also the withdrawal grooming and rearing. It is concluded that both norharman and ibogaine are inhibitors of withdrawal syndrome in morphine- dependent rats

http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache%3AS08q9g94-UcC%3Amir.drugtext.org/ibogaine/lit-ibogaine.html+norharman+structure&hl=en&ie=UTF-8