Author Topic: Morning Glory Whole Plant Extract  (Read 7182 times)

Sleepy_MT

Re: Morning Glory Whole Plant Extract
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2000, 03:30:00 AM »
Masterminds plants are I. indica, yes thats right INDICA! but not weed, Ipomea indica, and well they rarely seed, (must b a f1 hybrid)

Mastermind

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2000, 04:10:00 AM »
I found them oringinally in a corn field.  The flowers looked a lot like heavenly blue morning glories.  Also, when the vines died they had hundreds of dried seed pods on them.  I took a garbage bag full of vines home, pulled the seed pods off the vines, rolled the seeds down a record album (like cleaning pot seeds), blew the chaff away, etc.  and got probably about a thousand seeds.  The seeds are kind of short and fat not like the ones in the picture below.  I've also grown Heavenly Blue morning glories from seeds I got at the hardware store (looked like the ones in the picture below).  The leaves definately looked different.  The ones I recently planted have begun to flower so I'll try to get a picture.

Mastermind

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2000, 04:55:00 PM »
Here's two pictures of the flowers.  They look like morning glories to me.

halfapint

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2000, 03:50:00 AM »
OK yer right --- I've bypassed the vines with this shape leaf. Next time I'll know.

Half a pint's a half a pound, a half the world around, around.

Jason

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2000, 01:54:00 AM »
All members of the convulvaceae family have lysergic acids. I'm dead serious. SWIM should try to extract lsa from other species of morning glories and not just ipomoeas. Dodders even have very small amounts of lsa. Anyone that can do the chemistry, please try some different genuses. I hope your research works out, swim.

Benway

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2000, 02:15:00 AM »
the mg's in the photos are ivy-leaved morning glories, Ipomoea hederacea. i have no info on alkaloid content for this species. I. tricolor (I. violacea) is the usual species used as an entheogen...pearly gates is supposedly more potent than heavenly blues.