Author Topic: LSD From Ergot Alkaloids  (Read 2067 times)

Bart

LSD From Ergot Alkaloids
« on: May 01, 2002, 10:29:00 AM »
I'd love to hear comments about this synth from Rhodiums site.
No POCl3, good yeild, easier than going through LSA?

LSD From Ergot Alkaloids

This was invented by Hofmann and is a superior method because you may proceed from the ergot alkaloids to LSD without isolating the lysergic acid. CA, 57, 12568 (1962).

Add 1.2 g of ergotamine hydrochloride to 4 ml of anhydrous hydrazine and heat 1 hour at 90°. Add 20 ml of water and evaporate in vacuo, to get d-iso-lysergic acid hydrazine. 1 g of the lysergic hydrazine is powdered well and added to 40 ml of 0.1 N (ice cold) HC1 acid. To this, cooled to 0°, is added 4 ml of 1 N Na nitrite, with good stirring. Over 2-3 min, add 40 ml of 0.1 N HC1 acid to get pH to 5. Let stand for 5 min, basify with 1 N NaHCO3, extract with 100 ml of ether, and then with 50 ml of ether. Wash the ether layer with water and dry, then evaporate in vacuo at 10°. Dissolve the resulting yellow azide in about 5 ml of diethylamine at 0° and then heat in a metal bomb at 60° for 1 hour. If a bomb is unavailable you may get by with heating for 3-4 hours at 45° in a vented flask under a nitrogen atmosphere. Also, I would flush the bomb with nitrogen before sealing and heating. Remove heat after time elapses and let stand (after bleeding off pressure for bomb method) for 2 hours and evaporate in vacuo to get 0.7 g of LSD and 0.15 g of iso-LSD. The iso-LSD will not do anything (good or bad) if consumed, so you may leave it in with the LSD.

VinnyC

Comments
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2002, 01:47:00 PM »
The anhydrous hydrazine is a scary thing, and you must treat it with the respect it deserves. Why not convert that iso?

"Have we descended to the level of dumb beasts?" Fear & Loathing
Be loved and blessed hp and cg!!

Bart

Sure the iso should be converted.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2002, 02:44:00 AM »
Sure the iso should be converted. I didn't mean to imply that it shouldn't.
The point I was trying to make or rather question is why is all the focus on making LSA?
Here is a synth which requires an easier to obtain precursor, is higher yielding, and seems easier to accomplish.
What am I missing here?

VinnyC

Well...
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2002, 07:46:00 AM »
Maybe a personal preference thing? I am unsure, but I don't think ergo hcl is commonly found, thus creating an extra few steps...

Cept

Ergotamine hcl why not tartrate?
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2002, 10:45:00 AM »
how come you used ergotamine hcl not ergotamine tartrate. wouldn't tartrate be preferred

Goodtimes

ergotamine
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2002, 08:00:00 PM »
is it the HCL or the tartrate that can bee found on the shelves of pharmacies?

seem to me that They have it sitting there..

CIII I believe

not locked up with CII

many years ago

"The gods are too fond of a joke."  (Aristotle)

VinnyC

pills
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2002, 08:50:00 PM »
Ergomar is 2mg ergotamine tartrate. It contains no caffeine. Then there are others that do, like Cafergot and Wigraine.

I have recently been referred to a Neurologist because of the frequency of cluster and migraine headaches I have (the frequency quadrupled since the wife died). I was told by my internist that this would be the person who can prescribe it for me.

Cheers...

mottaman420

don't bother
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2002, 12:29:00 AM »
No reason to fuck with pills. Theres not enough ergotamine for it to be worthwhile. At 1-2 mg a pill it would cost you upwards of 300$ for a gram of et. Best bet is to buy ergot or grow an ergot culture or even extracting it from seeds would be a better option than trying to get it from cafergot.

Blue Horses + Red Donkeys = Purple Mules

VinnyC

Some people...
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2002, 04:01:00 PM »

. Best bet is to buy ergot or grow an ergot culture or even extracting it from seeds would be a better option than trying to get it from cafergot

Some people are not as lucky as you are to have a source. I doubt anyone would actually be enthusiastic about growing a culture.  That really leaves seeds as you mentioned, which can be a pain in the ass too.

Besides, if you just happen to suffer from migraines, its not bad to have the pills (Ergomar, no caffiene) around.  ;)

Cheers... 

mottaman420

listen
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2002, 12:18:00 AM »
i am just trying to be helpful. It will take you around a 500 - 1000 pills to get just 1 gram. Assuming you had a 100% extraction. Then you have to take in account as to how much would be lost while actually makin it. This assuming you get it right on your first try. As many people in the hive seem to have forgotten: we are a team working for the betterment of drugs and mankind. It seems like people get so caught up in flaming and UTFSE's that they forget that everybody here is trying. So won't everybody quit being such A-holes and just try and help others who don't have as much understanding as you might.

Blue Horses + Red Donkeys = Purple Mules

VinnyC

Yep...
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2002, 08:03:00 AM »
You are correct. I wold gander to say atleast 5000 (including loss) for that 10g desired.

I think you see people saying UTFSE so often, is that most everyone here came in with little to no knowledge. They had to climb their way up. It's like a cycle. I remember taking Electro Magnetics in college, and that was a weed-out course.

Cheers!

bujinkan

ET
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2002, 11:16:00 AM »
yes, the prospect of using et from pills seems unlikely, unless youre a heavy hitter in the mafia or the pharm business

please insert coin