Author Topic: 5-meo amt dosage (tihkal)  (Read 6845 times)

Lysergic25

5-meo amt dosage (tihkal)
« on: June 22, 2000, 07:45:00 AM »
I haven't gotten my hands on Tihkal yet, so could someone that has it please post the dosages used in Sasha's experiments?  Yes, I already checked at Erowid, and it said 2.5-4.5 mg oral, but I'd just like to hear what Tihkal has to say on that matter.
peace

control for smilers can't be bought

foxy2

Re: 5-meo amt dosage (tihkal)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2000, 08:15:00 AM »
Id like to hear what you have to say on the matter!  Eat some and get the report out.  Its only your mind, don't be such a chicken. ;)
May be try mixing it with some other tryptamines, maoi effects could really become useful.

"trip not equal to tryptamine, tryptamine equals trip"

gnrm23

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2000, 08:29:00 AM »
TIHKAL (the chem & comments section) is available online...

don't you folks ever sleep?

Rhodium

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2000, 10:21:00 AM »
Erowid is just quoting the Tihkal dosage suggestion.

http://rhodium.lycaeum.org

Skink

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2000, 11:37:00 PM »
what mao effects?  I don't remember reading that it is a maoi, and, from what I have heard whispered in seedy bars in the East Village of late, it does not demonstrate noticable maoi effects when combined with some of the favorite suspects.  Synergy perhaps, but no MAOI-like, massive potentiation..

Lysergic25

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2000, 11:08:00 AM »
Thanks much for the info, I just wanted to make sure that the dosage at Erowid is the Tihkal tested dosage.  And on a side note:  how much of an MAOI is 5-meo-amt?  I have read reports claiming that it had mild MAOI properties.  So does this mean one would have to eat the friendly foods to avoid hypertension and all that horrible stuff?

chemistrystudent

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2000, 10:05:00 AM »
Weigh carefully my friend! To much is not fun at all!

Fuchem

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2000, 10:35:00 AM »
What # is 5MeO-AMT in TIHKAL? I could not find it under its own entry.
Fuchem

Drugs are bad, M'kay?

Murple

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2000, 01:58:00 PM »
It is listed as alpha,O-DMS:

http://www.lycaeum.org/books/tihkal/05--ao-dms.shtml

Sounds like a most horrible drug. Low dosage meaning overdosing is easy. Lots of physical side effects like nausea and diarrhea. Sounds like an even nastier version of AMT. Ewww!

craig420

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2000, 04:01:00 PM »
murple,
I've seen a whole bunch of threads on this substance...here at the hive, over at dmtworld, on various newsgroups, et al....and without fail you always seem to chime in about how terrible this substance is...and every time you quote tihkal.

why do you feel compelled to spew that out without ever having tried it?  if you read the tihkal entries that aren't even negative..a couple reported slight nausea but so do about half the tryptamines and phenethylamines (I've read a slew of reports saying 5meodipt causes nausea

Skink

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2000, 05:26:00 PM »
Actually, this isn't the best of tryptamines, but it does have some good points.  One thing that I mentioned previously I feel I should correct.  I am highly suspicious (judging from the reports of friends in other countries who have been experimenting with this compound) that 5meoamt is indeed a maoi, and possibly of greater potency than AMT.  This is judging from a report where one experimenter, at t=8hrs, ate dinner, not realizing that there was a fermented soybean product hidden inside. What ensued can only be described as the mother of all tyramine headaches, along with profuse vomiting.  Fortunately, it subsided, but it does serve as a warning. Hopefully my foreign friends will soon muster the courage to attempt an ayahuasca like experiment soon to confirm the etiology of the headache.
I also agree that no chemical is inherently good or bad.  Just like a gun, it's what you do with it.  5meo-AMT is very much like AMT, with approximately the same body load and at appx. 6-7x the potency;  for those who like AMT, it works out to be cheaper per dose than AMT, hence it does have its advantages.  If it is a really effective maoi, then there's another plus.

foxy2

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2000, 01:06:00 AM »
Somebody post their experience!!!!  Im sure there is a bee who has tried this. 

Murple

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2000, 12:39:00 PM »
I'm here to counterbalance those folks who run around praising every new drug to roll off the line. There's plenty of people around who will sit and tell you how amazing every new drug is, simply because its new and easy to get. Remember good old "foxy methoxy"? Let me tell ya, nothing makes me feel foxy like sitting on the toilet with explosive diarrhea for 3 hours. Or how about those wonderful piperazines that are "like MDMA" (oh, did we forget to mention the pounding headache and 2 day flu-like hangover?)... and I'm sure there's been thousands of people who've tried 5-MeO-DMT expecting it to be like DMT only to be horribly disappointed.

If you look online for info on various legal and semi-legal drugs, you can very easily find people praising and hyping them. When a new drug comes out, people tend to selectively read the literature on them. When 5-MeO-DIPT came out everyone read in TiHKAL and focused on the good reports... "Outstanding", "Erotic world was fantastic, explosive", "marvelous sexy place" - everyone of course conveniently ignored the flashing neon warning sign in the 12mg burrito report: "As the effects of this material were rather extreme, I never felt as though I was having a psychedelic experience. Maybe because it was all about dealing with body load and discomfort". Same with piperazines... you read online and you'll find reports of how its like MDMA, or how BZP is "indistinguishable" from Dexedrine... never once online have I seen any mention of the numerous journal articles discussing their dark side - the word "panicogen" occurs repeatedly in print literature summarizing human experiments.

With many of these legal and quasi-legal drugs, some people will really like them, some will have horrible reactions, and most will fall somewhere in between. Some of these drugs have very significant potential for creating negative experiences, others are more reliable at creating positive experiences than most illegal drugs. The problem is that with the enthusiasm that comes along with a new drug there is a tendency towards a myopic focus on the good effects, and the negative potential gets seriously underreported. People read the available literature and the same myopic attitude applies. I'm just doing what I can to counterbalance this.

craig420

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2000, 04:51:00 PM »
sorry murple if I was overly harsh...

anyway, I think if treated kindly 5meoamt will probably a very nice experience.  The reputed bad side effects seem to be rather identicaly to 5meodipt....every time I dream of tripping I likewise dream of fasting for a good 24 hours ahead of time...and each and every time I've had a very pleasurable time, not a hint of nausea or diarrhea (sp).
-----
as for trip reports...Evilbob from usenet recently posted this (positive) report:

It turns out that 5-meo-AMT does dissolve in vodka quite nicely.  My mice
enjoyed it.  They were awake for about 10-12 hours on average after they took
it though.  Higher doses seem to cause quite a bit of muscle tension, but also
many psychedelic LSD-like visuals, like things moving and "breathing" slightly
and colorful patterns. None of the mice complained of any gastrointestinal
problems worse that a slightly upset stomache and slightly loose bowel
movements, but nothing incredibly messy.  My mice smoked some pot that they'd
smuggled into their cages(bad mice!), and that seemed to help the muscle
tenion, and also helped them get to sleep.  Any idea if Kava Kava might help
the tension, or might the MOA inhibitor problem counterindicate that?

EvilBob says "Sometimes there are no easy answers, but easy women are always
around, and they're more fun anyway."

When it's evil and it's Bob, you know it's EvilBob
-----

foxy2

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2000, 01:15:00 AM »
Murple
Well maybe you had too much, get a good scale.  SWIM found that low doses like 6 mg result in a pleasant evening with minor side effects.  Sure its not a full blown hardcore psychedelic experience but then that may not be what everyone is looking for.  So quit whineing about how terrible everything is, probably just a reflection of yourself.

Murple

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2000, 09:49:00 AM »
This is exactly the sort of attitude to which I was referring. And its not a case of having had to much... I've never taken 5-MeO-AMT nor do I ever intend to. I'm not unusually fond of tryptamines, and this particular one seems to have a good deal more flaws than others and seems therefore to be mostly a waste of time and money except for those who feel the urge to try everything. You like it. Good for you. Others don't.

Skink

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2000, 11:44:00 AM »
What you say makes sense for you, Murple, but to each his own.  I think that subjective observations of all kinds are necessary, both good and bad, and that these should be taken in as a whole by those considering their own experiments.  I suspect that most people are not experimenting out of an 'urge to try everything', but rather as a form of thrill seeking (recreation) at least, or enlightenment at most..  You say that tryptamines don't suit you, but they do suit most experimenters I know.  Many were very excited when the 5meo version came out because AMT happens to be a big favorite in their circle. Much more so than any amphetamine.  Again, this is subjective, but it is a conclusion each individual needs to draw for him or herself.  I recall on DMT world that there was someone who just loved the piperazine cocktails and used them frequently along with his / her friends with no negative effects.  Most people do get them (the headache you describe, etc.), and considering their potential negative side effects such usage is very risky, but nonetheless their reports are not misleading, merely one perspective amongst many.  There are no absolutes here, just a consensus of opinions, yet in the end this is a much better tool to interpret any chemical that becomes available.  It is therefore important that people post the results of their experiments, and not be criticized for the choices they have made.
enough said.

eli3

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2000, 06:08:00 PM »
"Spiderbruce" spoke highly of the 'mad pipers',i dig'em too.

"pull the wool over your own eyes"

Lysergic25

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2000, 08:41:00 PM »
all right, I'm confused.  If the dosage is supposed to be 3.5-4.5 mg, how is 6mg a low dose?

Skink

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2000, 08:22:00 AM »
Spiderbruce also liked (or at least claimed..) to shoot obscene amounts of Ketamine, AMT, 5meoDMT, etc., not to mention coke and heroin.  All things said, he/she was a bit excessive.  Very entertaining posts, though..
I wonder whatever happened to Spiderbruce?