Author Topic: alpha-methyl-4-hydroxy-tryptamine evaluation  (Read 3038 times)

Bandil

alpha-methyl-4-hydroxy-tryptamine evaluation
« on: December 08, 2002, 03:20:00 AM »
Hi!

I am usually quite fond of alpha-methylated compounds. In tryptamines or PEA's, they are all nice :)

Psilocybin/psilocin has also always been a very special molecule to me. I have UTFSE and has not found anything about alpha methylated 4-HO tryptamines?

How come shulgin tested the really -far out- 4-HO tryptamines such as 4-HO-DBT, but never looked into a-M-4-HO-tryptamine? Has it been testen on animal models and proved inactive? It sure would seem odd if it proved to be inactive...

Anyone here have an opinion on the -supposed- super-shroom compound?

Regards
Bandil

Barium

I haven´t seen anything about 4-OH- alpha ...
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2002, 04:02:00 AM »
I haven´t seen anything about 4-OH-alpha-methyltryptamine or its analogs. Shulgin is just one man. He cannot do everything for us. Why don´t you start a scientific project of your own. Make them and taste them! I´m sure the rest of us here would love to read about it, as well as Shulgin.

Catalytic hydrogenation freak

Lilienthal

I can't remember where I read about it, but I ...
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2002, 08:33:00 AM »
I can't remember where I read about it, but I did. And it didn't look very interesting. Maybe it was just binding data.

tryptych

re:
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2002, 02:02:00 PM »
This is just my opinion but considering that AMT and 5-MeO-AMT have seriously annoying side effects and last way to long, will 4-OH-AMT be any different. After all, 4-OH-DMT is based on DMT, an excellent molecule in itself... but really, should we waste our time exploring AMT derivatives? I guess it would be a fun project for the bee with time on his hands...

Bandil

If 4-OH-AMT is anything like AMT and/or DMT i ...
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2002, 03:09:00 AM »
If 4-OH-AMT is anything like AMT and/or DMT i would love it. I really like the "harshness" of AMT/5-meo-AMT... Actually both compounds are on my top 3 list :)

Different people - Different taste :)

scarmani

Shulgin Did Evaluate 4-HO-aMT
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2003, 06:19:00 PM »
I checked the index, and 4-HO-aMT is hidden on page 569 of TiHKAL (under the aMT entry)... towards the top of the page:

"Markedly visual in effects, with some subjects reporting dizziness and a depressed feeling.  There were, however, several toxic signs at doses of 15-20 mg orally, including abdominal pain, tachycardia, increased blood pressure, and with several people, headache and diarrhea."