Author Topic: What does tryptophan taste/smell like?  (Read 3684 times)

superhybrid

What does tryptophan taste/smell like?
« on: February 05, 2001, 08:11:00 PM »
My tryptophan is supposed to be pure as money can by but it has a smell like mothballs. I have heard of DMT smelling like this but does tryptophan smell like it too? The stuff works great though I must say I haven't slept this good in a long time and am just starting to feel the affects right now as we speak. It is a very nice feeling, oh yes indeed. I don't really feel buzzed up but it has quite a relaxing feeling to it. Mmmm I sure hope it works real good tonight as I need it. See ya!

sphybrid

terbium

Re: What does tryptophan taste/smell like?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2001, 10:12:00 PM »
Tryptophan shouldn't have any smell to speak of. If the stuff you have smells of mothballs orĀ  indole it must not be very pure. Not worried about eosinophilia, eh?

I never found that tryptophan did much to help me sleep - maybe a period of 20 minutes where I felt a little more relaxed but the effect was so weak that it was hard to tell that it wasn't just a placebo effect.

superhybrid

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2001, 06:29:00 AM »
Ahh I se it is the indole that is making it smell. I guess I should have added that I heated it up on a stove to make it smell like this basically. WIth out doing this it smells like nothing and has a small amount of bitter taste. What are the effects of eosinophilia. If I get them I will let you know. I heard eosinophilia was only from a bad batch of tryptophan made in Japan without good purification.

I just read a new article on this eosinophilia. It is saying that peak X was found in the bad batch of tryptophan and also in some 5-htp found. I am sorry but that peak x is probably from a nmr scan and of course 5-htp or tryptophan is going to have a small amount of some beta-carbolines most likely. This is going to produce a so called OOooh peak X. You will probaly find this peak in most batches of trytophan in some concentration or another. It is a proven fact that as soon as you injest tryptophan it is condensed with the small amounts of acetylaldehyde in the body to form harman. This is not going to produce eosinophilia. That eosinophilia sounds like some scary shit though. The main speculation was a chemical produced or a parasitic infection as result of genetically engineered bacteria which produce the tryptophan in the first place. I don't think that this tryptophan is going to be made that way but I guess you never know. I looked up the side effects of eosinophilia and so far I haven't any of them. Slept real good last night and woke up at 8am this morning. Usually I would sleep till noon.

sphybrid

foxy2

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2001, 03:44:00 PM »
What kind of dose are you taking?

Do Your Part To Win The War

superhybrid

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2001, 05:19:00 PM »
What ever it takes. Around 2-4 grams. I tried GHB at around the same dose and it made me feel weird the next day. This makes me feel fine when I wake up. I found the same effects from gaba also in in moderatly large doses because small doses of the gaba didn't do anything. I am watching my Na intake so K-GHB would be the way I would want to go any more. Maybe why I felt so weird the next day was cause of all the Na I don't know. I have high B.P. Although people here have said that Ca-GHB isn't feasible I have found different. In the end though I think it would only take a ration of 2:1 for the coversion of the ketone to Ca2+ well maybe someone out there has done it to know for sure. I have heard from someone on the old board that they did that and it worked fine. That maybe best also. Maybe someone could give me some insight on this subject. I might be able to get the K-GHB from a compounding pharmacy here in the states or even get it myself as narcoleptics only get a misdemeanor for possession, hehe! Best have a compounding pharmacy do it though huh. Even a misdemeanor for a person going to school for Med Chem wouldn't look good in todays tech. age.