Author Topic: Do these races of mushroom spores even exist?  (Read 9095 times)

cHiLLy

yes
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2002, 04:35:00 AM »
Yes. @ the shroomery, go to the grow find section on the left hand side, if it is still there....i havent been there in a while. Also read the Shroomery FAQ. Any questions, ask AnnoNymer, or a moderator, and trust me: they know what they are talking about. Almost everything you read there will be very accurate.

Morbid_o

however, there are many knowledgeable bees...
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2002, 10:45:00 PM »
however, there are many knowledgeable bees when it comes to this area..SWIM had success with PFTek, but then he moved on to bigger and better methods..ryche hawk ain't bad either....among others...dig around, learn from it, try again  ;)

Trenchcoat

Re: F+ as far as I know was a joke F+ stands...
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2002, 02:45:00 AM »

F+ as far as I know was a joke

F+ stands for Florida+. It was sold by some place that sounds like thebigguy.com (hope the sources nazis don't throw me in a concentration camp for that one), as was the Creeper strain you mentioned. F+ was one of my favorite strains. I've heard good reports from others as well. I have no experience with the Creeper strain. God bless the Golden Teacher. Exault her wombe, make merry her hair. May magic mushrooms help spread joy, happiness, love, peace, harmony, tranquility, connectedness, and all that is NOT HATE to the entire human and sheep specieses.

Tim_Foil

F+ Joke?
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2002, 08:33:00 PM »
ok, first u said F+ was a joke and the u said it was one of your favorite strains?  Im slightly confused. 

I seen an F+ spore syringe, I shook it up and couldnt see any spores.  Well, it was pointed out to me that its difficult to see them because they or basically transparent.  I dont believe everything I hear, so I didnt mess with it (F+).

Trenchcoat

Re: ok, first u said F+ was a joke and the u...
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2002, 11:35:00 PM »

ok, first u said F+ was a joke and the u said it was one of your favorite strains?  Im slightly confused.

The part of my post that said it was a joke was a quote from someone else who posted in the thread. I was responding to that. Are you using a shitty linux browser or something and don't pick up horizontal rules?

I seen an F+ spore syringe, I shook it up and couldnt see any spores.  Well, it was pointed out to me that its difficult to see them because they or basically transparent.  I dont believe everything I hear, so I didnt mess with it (F+).

Why not try it? What have you got to lose? Clumps of spores doesn't mean too much to me. You should be able to see something in there, though. Then again most cubie strains are pretty much the same anyways.

odin

Dark spores!
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2002, 02:11:00 PM »
You have to see spores in syringe!

Tim_Foil

"you have to see spores?"
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2002, 03:05:00 PM »
I dont guess you have to see spores inside a syringe.  Ive only seen 3 races.  Two of them I noticed tiny black speckles floating around after they were shook up.  The F+ didnt have them.

I dont know, and for some reason im feeling reluctant on wanting to find out first hand.  So, I guess Ill just keep on being a "squirrel whos trying to get a nut", so to speak.

cHiLLy

creeper
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2002, 06:16:00 PM »
No you dont actually have to see spores in a syringe, although if you dont see any then you probably have a very weak concentration.
I had forgotten about the the F strain being from florida, but im still quite sure that the 'creeper strain' is just a name that some vendors use to overprice b+ or GTs.

odin

Colored spores!
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2003, 05:13:00 PM »
Chilly could bee right, conc. is too smal, all psilocybe spores are colored, brown, black..., you should bee able to see them in syringe!
Amanitas have white spores, seeing them in water is heavy

Yachaj

This thread should be at USENET Alt.DrugsMushrooms
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2003, 06:37:00 PM »
This thread really belongs to (cut&paste)

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=alt.drugs.mushrooms&meta=site%3Dgroups

It wouldn't be the first time either that the 'bulk vs. PF TEK' discussion/flamewar is going on. So I will keep it short here.

Odin wrote PF tek method is developed for people with no propper education and equipment for shroom growing[\blue]

Not entirely true. True is that the pf tek method is so simple that it can be used by everyone who is able to make instant noodles. But Odin suggests that professionals grow in bulk amounts. Not only is that dangerously illegal, there is also no local market for it. Not too many people like shrooms (compared to booze, meth or even X). Storage of a big amount of psilocybian mushrooms for later consumption is not recommended because they will decline in quality. Slowly (if you have stored them cold&dry&dark) but still.

The PF TEK is designed for a continuous miniature cultivation project of personal amounts. The mycro tek (=pf tek without terrarium) has the extra advantage that cakes with ready-to-harvest mushrooms (cakes which still are in their containers) can be kept in the fridge for a few months (harvest the mushrooms within 48 hours after the containers have returned to roomtemperature). Fresh mushrooms are always immediately available. This can not be done so easily with bulk substrates!

odin

Options
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2003, 09:31:00 PM »
We can debate this subject for very long time, I would say that every method has some + and -. How many and in witch fashion are you going to grow depends on your needs.

Tim_Foil

"I agree with Yachaj"
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2003, 07:34:00 PM »
If I was to start growing it would only be for the consumption of me and my friends.  So, what would be the fastest and easiest way, and still have some quality to them, yet sacrificing quantity.  Mycro-tek I do believe.

However, Odin.  Your the man it seems when it comes to knowing how to put the quantity, and quality together.

odin

Decide and start
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2003, 09:39:00 PM »
Micro tek would bee one 1/2 pint jar, count on that if you do great job you will get max 30% of supstrate mass. I dont think that this is enough for you and your friends. Use PF tek method on few jars.
If you grow potent psilocybes, few jars will bee OK, but Pans, you need them more.
Quality will definetly vary, look at the post "Enhanced Psilocybin Production" by PolytheneSam.
For the beguning i suggest million times used recipe, with time you will develop yours.
Use terrarium!
odin

PM me if you will have problems

PissyBee

My favorite link for mushrooms...
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2003, 10:06:00 AM »
I belong to all the forums mentioned plus a whole bunch more and while they are all informative and have workable methods, my favorite is

http://www.mycotopia.net/

.  Take a look through the archives or the fungi room.  The first page has just about every "TEK" you could think of.  The administrator there has some terrific innovations to the PF Tek and could greatly increase your yields, while keeping it simple.  All his innovations are tried by himself and other members and the results are reported.  I believe he even invented the Hippie neglect tek.  I like this site alot and it is my favorite one, next to the Hive.
PissyBee

ben135

check this page http://www.dsmz.de its from a...
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2003, 04:51:00 PM »
check this page

http://www.dsmz.de

its from a companie in germany who sel all kinds of micro oganissems i search on there page for the F+ you where looking for and got these results

http://www.dsmz.de/cgi-bin/dsmzfind.pl

greetzz ben

PissyBee

Those results...
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2003, 04:30:00 AM »
I also looked at the results and they are for E.coli bacteria.  I don't think his is useful in identifying any mushrooms.  Thanks anyway!
PissyBee