The Hive > Tryptamine Chemistry

DMT. NaBH4reduction

(1/2) > >>

dimitry:
Hi,bees!
SWIM methylated tryptamine and 5meotryptamine with NaBH4 and CH2O aq.
There is description of synthesis:
The 0.8g tryptamine was dissolved in 20ml MeOH and cooled in refregerator(t minus 10C)1-2hours. Flask got from refregerator and dropped 1/10 part of 37% CH2O aq(on 1mole tryptamine take 4moles FORMALDEHYDE),shaked 1 minute and added a few (on the knife top)powder NaBH4(1g borhydride on 1g tryptamine approximatly)and vigorously shaked. When sodium borhydride was dissolved next part of 37% CH2O aq dropped and so on until all CH2O and NaBH4 was conducted to reaction(40min-1.5hours need).The temperature was keep about 5-20C(cooled in refregerator if need). The reaction mix allowed stand at room temperature some hours. Rm was diluted  water, MeOH disstilled and product extracted CHCl3. Solvent removed in water bath, specific smell oil(weight 0.9g) yielded.  Smoke 50mg its oil produce intense open/close eye visuals, time distortion, empathy and other strong effects. Duration up to 15min. Can anyone repit its synthesis and determine how much Dmt consist in that oil?
Sorry, my english is poor.

java:
Read this , you may find your answer here,

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/tryptamine2dmt.html

ChemMang:
Your product is not pure N,N DMT Freebase.  (I assume you smoked the freebase because u described it as an oil and with the freebase form of dimethylated tryptamine being hygroscopic it frequently yeilds an oil when extracted or synthesized when the utmost precautions to purity are taking place you'll get white too whiteish pink crunchy radial needles tis worth a slow recrystallization for larger much purer crystals...indole oil is rank...back to the point:)

I don't believe your product is very pure unless you were trying to smoke 50mg of the hydrochloride or fumarate salt which you'd have a hard time doing and at most achieve muted affects of DMT which you described above sounds like 10mg inhaled.  A good 30-50mg dosage of PURE DMT freebase inhaled immediately will bring about from the time it hits your lungs  damn near you begin to trip and with time exponentially the intensity and ferocity of your experience as well as diminishing of your ego increase to the point of otherworldy ALIENNESS.  You will know when its pure some people have a higher tolerance taking up to 75-100mg to breakthrough so to speak but to achieve visuals that are incredibly intricate and astounding can be had with one good lungful (15-20mg) of N,N DMT freebase that is PURE.  My friend I suggest you clean up your product.  I hope my information has been of aid to you.  Peace

Lilienthal:
It stands: as long as nobody can provide some meaningfull analytical data (at least TLC) I don't believe that DMT can be obtained as the main product in such a reaction. I'm sure that the main product will always be the cyclized tetrahydro-beta-carboline. I must have posted that about hundred times on this board...

armageddon:
Hmm...

As stated by Dimitry in the first post of this thread:
"Smoke 50mg its oil produce intense open/close eye visuals, time distortion, empathy and other strong effects. Duration up to 15min."

and further said by ChemMang:
"which you described above sounds like 10mg inhaled.  A good 30-50mg dosage of PURE DMT freebase inhaled immediately will bring about from the time it hits your lungs  damn near you begin to trip and with time exponentially the intensity and ferocity of your experience as well as diminishing of your ego increase to the point of otherworldy ALIENNESS.  You will know when its pure some people have a higher tolerance taking up to 75-100mg to breakthrough so to speak but to achieve visuals that are incredibly intricate and astounding can be had with one good lungful (15-20mg) of N,N DMT freebase that is PURE."

...then beta-carbolines maybe have psychedelic properties, too? Maybe 1/5th the potency of DMT?  ;)

Or how would you explain the effects described above? (just wondering)

Greetz A

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version