Author Topic: DMT. NaBH4reduction  (Read 19255 times)

dimitry

DMT. NaBH4reduction
« on: July 21, 2004, 09:53:00 AM »
Hi,bees!
SWIM methylated tryptamine and 5meotryptamine with NaBH4 and CH2O aq.
There is description of synthesis:
The 0.8g tryptamine was dissolved in 20ml MeOH and cooled in refregerator(t minus 10C)1-2hours. Flask got from refregerator and dropped 1/10 part of 37% CH2O aq(on 1mole tryptamine take 4moles FORMALDEHYDE),shaked 1 minute and added a few (on the knife top)powder NaBH4(1g borhydride on 1g tryptamine approximatly)and vigorously shaked. When sodium borhydride was dissolved next part of 37% CH2O aq dropped and so on until all CH2O and NaBH4 was conducted to reaction(40min-1.5hours need).The temperature was keep about 5-20C(cooled in refregerator if need). The reaction mix allowed stand at room temperature some hours. Rm was diluted  water, MeOH disstilled and product extracted CHCl3. Solvent removed in water bath, specific smell oil(weight 0.9g) yielded.  Smoke 50mg its oil produce intense open/close eye visuals, time distortion, empathy and other strong effects. Duration up to 15min. Can anyone repit its synthesis and determine how much Dmt consist in that oil?
Sorry, my english is poor.

java

DMT Sodium Borohydride Reduction.....
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 07:43:00 PM »

ChemMang

50mg DMT inhaled doesn't produce effects above
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 09:55:00 PM »
Your product is not pure N,N DMT Freebase.  (I assume you smoked the freebase because u described it as an oil and with the freebase form of dimethylated tryptamine being hygroscopic it frequently yeilds an oil when extracted or synthesized when the utmost precautions to purity are taking place you'll get white too whiteish pink crunchy radial needles tis worth a slow recrystallization for larger much purer crystals...indole oil is rank...back to the point:)

I don't believe your product is very pure unless you were trying to smoke 50mg of the hydrochloride or fumarate salt which you'd have a hard time doing and at most achieve muted affects of DMT which you described above sounds like 10mg inhaled.  A good 30-50mg dosage of PURE DMT freebase inhaled immediately will bring about from the time it hits your lungs  damn near you begin to trip and with time exponentially the intensity and ferocity of your experience as well as diminishing of your ego increase to the point of otherworldy ALIENNESS.  You will know when its pure some people have a higher tolerance taking up to 75-100mg to breakthrough so to speak but to achieve visuals that are incredibly intricate and astounding can be had with one good lungful (15-20mg) of N,N DMT freebase that is PURE.  My friend I suggest you clean up your product.  I hope my information has been of aid to you.  Peace

Lilienthal

It stands: as long as nobody can provide some...
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2004, 10:07:00 PM »
It stands: as long as nobody can provide some meaningfull analytical data (at least TLC) I don't believe that DMT can be obtained as the main product in such a reaction. I'm sure that the main product will always be the cyclized tetrahydro-beta-carboline. I must have posted that about hundred times on this board...

armageddon

strange
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2004, 12:08:00 PM »
Hmm...

As stated by Dimitry in the first post of this thread:
"Smoke 50mg its oil produce intense open/close eye visuals, time distortion, empathy and other strong effects. Duration up to 15min."

and further said by ChemMang:
"which you described above sounds like 10mg inhaled.  A good 30-50mg dosage of PURE DMT freebase inhaled immediately will bring about from the time it hits your lungs  damn near you begin to trip and with time exponentially the intensity and ferocity of your experience as well as diminishing of your ego increase to the point of otherworldy ALIENNESS.  You will know when its pure some people have a higher tolerance taking up to 75-100mg to breakthrough so to speak but to achieve visuals that are incredibly intricate and astounding can be had with one good lungful (15-20mg) of N,N DMT freebase that is PURE."

...then beta-carbolines maybe have psychedelic properties, too? Maybe 1/5th the potency of DMT?  ;)

Or how would you explain the effects described above? (just wondering)

Greetz A

indole_amine

Tetrahydro-beta-carbolines - active or not?
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2004, 06:37:00 PM »
Tetrahydro-beta-carbolines, Potential Neuroactive Alkaloids, in Chocolate and Cocoa

(Tomas Herraiz; J. Agric. Food Chem. 2000, 48 (10)(4900-4904))

Abstract
Tetrahydro-beta-carbolines (THbCs), potential neuroactive alkaloids, were found in chocolate and cocoa. 6-Hydroxy-1-methyl-1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-b-carboline (6OHMTHbC), 1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-b-carboline-3-carboxylic acid (THbCA), 1-methyl-1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-b-carboline-3-carboxylic acid (MTbCA) in both diastereoisomers (1S,3S and 1R,3S), and 1-methyl-1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-b-carboline (MTHbC), besides serotonin and tryptamine biogenic amines, were identified and quantified in dark chocolate, milk chocolate, cocoa, and chocolate-containing cereals by RP-HPLC-fluorescence and HPLC-MS. For each THC, the concentration ranges were determined: 6OHMTbHC (0.16-3.92 g/g), THbCA (0.01-0.85 g/g), 1S,3S-MTbCA (0.35-2 g/g), 1R,3S-MTbCA (0.14-0.88 g/g), and MTbHC (nd-0.21 g/g). The highest content was generally found in chocolates and cocoas, but cereals containing chocolate also showed an appreciable amount of THbCs. The possible biological implications of this novel group of alkaloids in chocolate are discussed.

Identification and Occurrence of Tryptamine- and Tryptophan-Derived Tetrahydro--carbolines in Commercial Sausages

(Tomas Herraiz, Ekaterini Papavergou; . Agric. Food Chem. 2004, 52(9), (2652-2658))

Abstract
The identification and occurrence of tetrahydro--carbolines were studied in different kinds of commercial sausages including cooked, fresh, dry-fermented, and ripened sausages, such as salamis and Spanish chorizo, salchichon, fuet, and morcilla, both smoked and unsmoked(...)

:)

indole_amine

dimitry

again about dmt reduction
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2004, 08:58:00 PM »
Hi,bees!
I accumulated several questions and answers for you. So then:
don't believe your product is very pure unless you were trying to smoke 50mg of the hydrochloride or fumarate salt which you'd have a hard time doing and at most achieve muted... .
I don't believe my product is very pure too, but i hoped to obtain 50% dmt in my final product. I made this syntesis several years ago, but i have recent report your colleagues which contain optimistic results. Do you saw that post:

Post 500899

(koalaa: "Successful synthesis, reduced yields.", Tryptamine Chemistry)
?(But i dont undestand why authors added formalin and borohydryd so quikly: 2-7 minuts. May be 30-60min will give better results.).This reaction may have optimal conditions for receipt dmt.
affects of DMT which you described above sounds like 10mg inhaled

I am not very eloquent,for english especially.
I'm sure that the main product will always be the cyclized tetrahydro-beta-carbolineI must have posted that about hundred times on this board...   
Do You have investigations of kinetic that reaction? Speed of reaction ciclisation much more then speed of reduction aldimine?