Author Topic: naptha vs. toluene  (Read 5402 times)

Dr_Duckbutt

naptha vs. toluene
« on: September 08, 2000, 02:27:00 PM »
i just received a tip from a friend concerning a/b extraction of dmt.  he said that toluene works better than naptha because naptha doesnt evaporate clearly.  of course, on all the reports, it differs as to whether naptha is any good.  is toluene or that xylene better?

Dr. Duckbutt, D.O., P.A.

Fuchem

Re: naptha vs. toluene
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2000, 02:31:00 PM »
Use naptha in your zippo. Use toluene in your extractions. People who use naptha in A/B's are people who used the "agent lemon" DXM A/B and liked the taste of zippo in their burps for hours.

They say the mountain holds many secrets like, "I am a canyon crossdressed as a mountain".

Dr_Duckbutt

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2000, 05:59:00 PM »
im talking about yoda's dmt extraction, not dxm, for smokeable crystals

Dr. Duckbutt, D.O., P.A.

terbium

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2000, 09:27:00 PM »

im talking about yoda's dmt extraction, not dxm, for smokeable crystals

Naptha is only good if you want to use it to extract junk from your acid solution prior to making it basic and extracting the goodies. The problem with naptha is not just non-volatiles, it also is just not a good solvent for the substances of interest. You need ether, dichloromethane, toluene or even xylene to extract the good stuff. Ether or dichloromethane are the best choices - good solubility of the desired substances in these solvents and easy evaporation of the solvents. Dichloromethane has an advantage over ether in that it is not flammable and so you are less likely to blow up your apartment. Toluene and xylene have much higher boiling points and are thus harder to eveporate.

Dr_Duckbutt

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2000, 03:51:00 PM »
so whats the best way to evaporate it?  can i just leave it out, or will it not evaporate?  dcm is hard to find and i doubt i will be able to get some....ether is even harder to get.  so what should i use?  if i use the xylene or toluene what should i do to evaporate

Dr. Duckbutt, D.O., P.A.

terbium

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2000, 08:22:00 PM »
If you don't have a rotary evaporator then use a hot plate but use good ventilation and keep a fire extinguisher handy.

Maighstir

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2000, 02:11:00 AM »
About that DCM.... Over here in Europe DCM is the major constituent of "brush softener" and I believe I heard say here on the hive some time ago that it is the same in Amerika. "brush softener" contains DCM, methanol and minor traces of some other solvent. It is easy to get the DCM out. Just pour the softener in a large sepfunnel (or something else) add some water and shake. Methanol would rather be in the waterlayer and so after seperation you have your DCM. This is what I've done and I used the DCM in my DMT extracts. No problems (with the DCM that is, because DMT extractions are not easy!). Hope this is of any help,

Maighstir.

Vae victis meretrix est et mors venit.

hitman

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2000, 02:45:00 PM »
Well as (almost) always this does not apply to Sweden, since the pigs have banned all commercial uses of DCM. Only schools and scientists are allowed to use it. Or at least that's what I've experienced...

Ooooops I did it again!....