Author Topic: Police patrol Welsh village to head off hunters of LSD stash  (Read 8666 times)

Offline thewire

• Dominant Wasp
Police patrol Welsh village to head off hunters of LSD stash

Thu 29 Jun 2017 17.09 BST

Code: [Select]
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/jun/29/police-patrol-welsh-village-head-off-hunters-lsd-stash
Police are patrolling a quiet Welsh village amid concerns that criminals could try to unearth a huge stash of LSD said to have been secreted there four decades ago.

In 1977 police raided an old mansion in the village of Carno in west Wales and smashed a multimillion pound drugs operation said to have been supplying up to 90% of the LSD being used in the UK.

One of the detectives involved in the investigation, codenamed Operation Julie, is now claiming some of the stash may not have been found and may still be in pristine condition even after all these years.

Dyfed-Powys police are taking the claim seriously enough to warn villagers in Carno, near Llanidloes, that unwanted visitors may be on the way. They have told the owners of a house used as a drugs factory 40 years ago, Plas Llysyn, of the revelations and stepped up patrols in the area.
 A police spokesperson said: “Dyfed-Powys police are aware of the issue and are assessing the content of the disclosure. We will be checking the records we hold to establish whether or not matters raised warrant further investigation.

“In the meantime we will be making the current owners of Plas Llysyn aware of the disclosure and the potential for persons to visit the area in an attempt to locate the drugs. We will be providing them with reassurance through increased patrols.

“We would also like to make it clear Dyfed-Powys police take a robust approach to drug trafficking and that appropriate action will be taken in respect of anyone suspected of using the information disclosed to assist them in obtaining and supplying controlled drugs.”

Operation Julie was launched after one of the men at the centre of the drugs racket was involved in a car crash in the town of Machynlleth, west Wales. Police pieced together a torn-up note and found it mentioned a key ingredient of LSD.

Some 800 officers, some of them disguised as hippies seeking the good life, descended on west Wales. There were elements of farce to the saga. Some of the undercover officers had fights with local police to maintain their cover.
One group of male officers was close to being rumbled after locals began to suspect them of being a gay cult and started to take a close interest in them. That led to female officers being introduced, including Sgt Julie Taylor, who was to be immortalised in The Clash song Julie’s Been Working For the Drug Squad.

After months of painstaking surveillance the police swooped and seized 1m tabs and enough raw materials to make a further 6.5m. A total of 120 arrests were made, resulting in 15 convictions and prison sentences totalling 120 years. The price of an LSD tab is said to have rocketed overnight from £1 to £5.

In a new edition of his book on the story, Undercover: Operation Julie – The Inside Story, the former officer Stephen Bentley said a statement from one of the gang members had claimed a substantial amount of LSD had been buried in a woodland near Plas Llysyn.

Bentley said he had only recently got hold of the statement – and believed it was true. “I have made my mind up. That stash is almost certainly still there,” he said.

Offline Tsathoggua

• Spaz Tech
  • Founding Wasp
Re: Police patrol Welsh village to head off hunters of LSD stash
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 11:59:01 PM »
What a fucking waste of time. Bastards could be out catching burglars, pikey thugs and rapists, instead of pissing in the wind hoping to catch 'criminals' AFTER warning them that the filth are out looking for them coming. Seriously...you don't hope to catch prey whilst spraying your stench in the bloody wind do you?

The only good thing to come of this is a bunch of coppers beating the shit out of each other. And mistaken for a bunch of faggots? no mistake there :P
Nomen mihi Legio est, quia multi sumus

I'm hyperbolic, hypergolic, viral, chiral. So motherfucking twisted my laevo is on the right side.

Offline carl

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
  • circular pastry filled with hazelnut crime
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 12:40:21 AM »
If you would have realised our whole system is only useful to keep "their" narrative up, then you would have understood.
If it would be really different, then there wouldn't be thought crimes like consumption of psychedelics ;)
I would suggest that you guys share information like it was the last day on Earth.  This information slowdown is all because of all that dumb unwillingness to share.  That is where the DEA is winning.  There goal is you not talking to each other.  Let the information flow.  I  promise we will always be 2 steps ahead of DEA chemists if we just keep sharing information
Real bees just hear the buzzing and it doesn´t ever stop. Ever.

Offline Tsathoggua

• Spaz Tech
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 07:37:28 AM »
It was more the sheer stupidity of the svinya in question, announcing they are looking for people hunting for the stash, assuming whoever they busted that said there was one, wasn't just headfucking the pork to begin with. Had they busted Tsath' for it, he'd make sure to send them chasing their own tails, with a bunch of BS about a truly massive stash they'd just HAVE to go searching and patrolling for day and night for as long as possible.

And believe it, Tsath' is  all too well aware of what the bastards are really about.

I'm hyperbolic, hypergolic, viral, chiral. So motherfucking twisted my laevo is on the right side.

Offline El_Kabong

• Subordinate Wasp
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 04:50:17 AM »
WTF?

Sort this mess out  ;D
100 yo LSD  :o
Maybe if one kept it a
absolute zero. 8)
In the dark etc etc

It'd been a lot easier
to plant coke on some
poor slump. :(

Offline The Lone Stranger

• Dominant Wasp
  • THE SITE HERETIC and DEVILS ADVOCATE
    • YouTopia
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 03:05:11 PM »
Police patrol Welsh village to head off hunters of LSD stash = A cheep and nasty advert for a doubtfull book written by an enemy agent .
“Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.” Albert Einstein

Offline Tsathoggua

• Spaz Tech
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 04:44:40 PM »
100yo? they said four decades. Thats 40 years.

Considering the quantity said to have been stashed, that might well leave a fair few doses, even after this time. If it's been buried, it'll keep it out of the light. And considering your average LSD chemist knows their shit, they will be well aware of it's intolerance for light, oxidation, or being kept wet. So if they were going to bury a stash, you'd think that, if they were bright and talented enough to have made acid in the first place, they'd not be so stupid as to not stash it in containers filled with dry nitrogen or argon, desiccant packs, and to keep anything in a jar or other container with a metal lid wrapped in plastic, the metal covered in epoxy, or whatever such measures, with the acid in a separate, inert gas-purged container within the outer container, and that thoroughly insulated from the environment.

Cold, dry, anoxic and out of the light, that's probably quite favourable for acid to survive for a fair time.

And hey, at least the filth aren't going to find it themselves, and will have their little curly pink piggy tails tied up patrolling until their trotters ache.
Whilst the dealers, consumers and cooks have a party, knowing all the little piggies have gone wee-wee-wee all the way to market.

Hehe, and here's hoping now we know where they are, that a few urban snipers will come out of the woodworks and start popping piggy heads off fat piggy necks on a Yautja-style trophy hunt.

Offline The Lone Stranger

• Dominant Wasp
  • THE SITE HERETIC and DEVILS ADVOCATE
    • YouTopia
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2018, 12:36:29 PM »
At Police patrol Welsh village to head off hunters of LSD stash

At shelf life ...... At saint Alberts birthday party ...... i think his 100th ...... he gave away his stash of original ampules of sandoz LSD that he had made . The firm sandoz kept him on as an advisor after he retired and he had a locker there with things in he though were worth keeping . The ampules were given to the stars of the scene that were at the party . I know ( of ) three people who got one . One was later offered for sale for 6000 euros .

At operation julie . I'm sure i remeber that stashes of pills and liquid were found . Liquid was in bottles stashed in a wood in holes . There was speculation at the time that there were more stashes .

At common sense ---- >

A hero stashes some acid for later ...... do we seriously ' think ' that he didnt go and pick it up later ? ......... Afterwards ...... when he got out of prison and was a pauper ...... with no income ......

What about this ---- > People / a person gets busted for BIG acid deals ...... and could get a ' Get out of jail free card ' if he told the enemy where some was stashed ...... do we seriously ' think ' that they wouldnt buy themselves free ? ( Wich is what the vast majority of people who have been busted do )

At insanity ---- > Why should anyone go looking for mythical stashes of decayed LSD in mid wales when they can walk a few yards and pick TONS of Psilocybe Cyanescens or semilanciata ?

“Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.” Albert Einstein

Offline dedihetz

• Larvae
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 10:44:05 PM »

Offline Corrosive Joeseph

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 11:17:48 PM »
Does anyone have a copy of the book on this case?

https://www.amazon.com/Undercover-Operation-Julie-Inside-Story-ebook/dp/B073ZK8JHW

Not that I know of, but there is this one by Leaf Fielding, who was involved in the tabletting and distribution side of the operation.

To Live Outside the Law. Caught by Operation Julie, Britain's Biggest Drugs Bust
Author:   Leaf Fielding
Publisher:   Profile Books Ltd
Year:   2011

h**p://libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=4CB97AC6AB4930061017E1D647659847

/CJ
Being well adjusted to a sick society is no measure of one's mental health

Offline dedihetz

• Larvae
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2019, 03:03:58 AM »
Thanks CJ