Author Topic: Strikes book Sources  (Read 1876 times)

Flippie

Strikes book Sources
« on: October 04, 2003, 11:12:00 PM »
Having a hard time finding good sources I was wondering if Strikes book Sources contains useful information for bees located outside the US. I ask because I have the book Total Synthesis II, a book I really liked reading, that contains a lot of information about anything you wished to know but never dared to ask  :-[ . In total Synthesis II there are also some pages dedicated to "Where to buy" and this info looks completely trivial to me. What I mean is that the fact that you don't ask to deliver chemicals at your private address (even if you don't cook there) is common sense. I could also figure out myself that as a private person you cannot order chemicals and in order to do so you should have a fake company in mind. The thing is that Strike describes the routine as if it was the easiest thing to do. For instance if I would contact a company in my country and I would like to order chemicals then a fake company name and address would not be enough since a company has also a VAT number which is not that easy to fake. Setting up a company as a cover to make it possible to buy chemicals since you need them for your legitimate use is not a reasonable thing to do if your interest is purely for Research use . ;)
Anyway are there not-US bees out there who have benefitted a lot from this book or are there US bees who know that this information is also useful for bees outside the US please let me know.

hypo

common sense, google and yellow pages...
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2003, 07:55:00 PM »
...are all you need

Flippie

Thanks hypo. I happen to have all three them.
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2003, 10:23:00 PM »