Author Topic: OTC MDMA is now easy and cheap!!  (Read 27600 times)

Osmium

Re: OTC MDMA is now easy and cheap!!
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2001, 12:09:00 AM »
Waaaah!
F2 is the most reactive of the elemental halogens, and I2 the least reactive. I2 doesn't react with aromatics anymore in the standard way, so iodobenzene production with Al or Fe catalyst won't work. Iodine won't react with aliphatic alkanes/terpenes either.
For the amination reaction iodosafrole works best, because iodide is the best leaving group. Fluorosafrole wouldn't work at all.

Read your chemistry books!

Osmium

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2001, 12:17:00 AM »
> I reciently found a source of iodine that is a 10.5%
> tincture. [...] I think the best way to extract it is to
> add NaOH solution with shaking until the iodine color
> goes away and then boil off the alcohol and water and
> whatever else until you have impure NaI.

This will produce NaIO, which will disproportionate into NaI and NaIO3. Once you acidify it again the reaction will go backwards, re-forming the I2. But you still have to add some H2O2 to take care of the iodide which was already present before you added the NaOH in the beginning.

> If one was to modify Iudexk's setup for OTC MMDA on
> rhodium's site to fill several ballons full of HI(g) and
> then slowly run the gas into the drying tube, then the
> suckback bottle, then into the Parsley leaf oil(or
> safrole or whatever) through a glass tube in a graduated
> cylinder (narrow and tall for max absorbtion).  You could
> also put some fiberglass wool over the end of the glass
> tube to increase absorbtion.  This really isn't new but
> mabe you could get away with using close to molar ratio's
> of HI and safrole if you could slowly release the gas
> from the balloons with a small plastic valve like those
> used for fish aquariums

I'm not convinced that this will work.

Agent_Smith

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2001, 01:47:00 AM »
Tried it...  You'll have trouble filling the balloons.  The pressure in a P/P tank like the meth guys use is about all that reaction can handle, you might be suprised how much more pressure a balloon contains.  The balloons won't get very full, and then you'll have to deal with changing balloons (you're going to need a bunch, I'd say a balloon will only be able to hold about 2 liters with the pressure that reaction gives). 

And then theres the effects of HI on the rubber... I don't know if there are any, but it's a concern.

Hell, it might work, I don't know.  I do know that I hate scrounging for RP, thats why I came up with this.

blah blah blah something clever blah blah blah

superhybrid

« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2001, 06:27:00 AM »

I2 doesn't react with aromatics anymore in the standard way, so iodobenzene production with Al or Fe catalyst won't work.

For the production of iodobenzene one needs a metal chloride salt for the catalyst a iodine metal salt will not work for iodination. Don't make me whip out my org chem book :)

Osmium

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2001, 01:06:00 PM »
>  For the production of iodobenzene one needs a metal chloride salt for the catalyst a
> iodine metal salt will not work for iodination. Don't make me whip out my org chem book

You need an oxidising agent actually, like HNO3.
Don't make me whip out mine...

b159510

« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2001, 02:34:00 PM »
For the production of iodobenzene one needs a metal chloride salt for the catalyst a iodine metal salt will not work for iodination. Don't make me whip out my org chem book Yes, you should whip it out. And read it. As Osmium has said, nitric acid is used. You should have known this, being a second year chem major. Do you know why iodine is not added to the benzene ring the way chlorine and bromine are? After the posts I read in the novel forum, well... IMHO, nobody is really a chem major until after p-chem, and a little humility goes a long way, as I have learned ..Sorry, I'll go back to minding my own business now....

Back to the Primitive

superhybrid

« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2001, 02:34:00 PM »
It was explained that the metal chloride salt formed the halide cation which would adjoin the benzene ring, Okay I get ya :)  Yep it won't work sorry kid.

yellowjacket

« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2001, 01:26:00 AM »
Some renob tried Rhodium's route to bromine by acidifying NaBr with sulfuric and adding H2O2. This loser told me that the reaction is strongly exothermic, and will produce bromine gas.  Told him that he was a shit-for-brains and that bromine will choke your ass. Next time this dim bulb will try setting up a bubbler to catch the gas in a flask of DCM. He tried pouring some DCM over the reacting mixture, and noticed that it captured and held the bromine gas in solution quite effectivly. Also, icing down the rxn to keep the gas production down is on this doofus' mind also.  

marijuana is the flame, heroin is the fuse, LSD is the bomb!

superhybrid

« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2001, 04:12:00 AM »
Whoops indeed did some checking with Organic Chemistry by John McMurray and it was said that

Benzene + I2 ----CuCl2----> Iodobenzene (65%)

It was also stated that H2O2 woud also help the iodination as also HNO3 by another source. Had to do it didn't I.

b159510

« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2001, 04:20:00 AM »
For the production of iodobenzene one needs a metal chloride salt for the catalyst The point is, you don't need it. Not 'can you use it'. Do you know why you don't need a metal catalyst?

Back to the Primitive

b159510

« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2001, 04:24:00 AM »
Nevermind, answer it if you want. Or not, I don't care.
Sorry for crapin on your thread Agent.

Back to the Primitive

superhybrid

« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2001, 05:07:00 AM »
It would seem to me that this thread has gotten way off course. I always like to scrap with Os though hehe.

swic

« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2001, 08:16:00 AM »
I just wanna add- Methylamine from hexamine STINKS!!! Thank you all!

http://www.pot-tv.com

baalchemist

« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2001, 09:10:00 AM »
What do you mean by cheap and easy now?, Doesnt sound too simple of a task. Baals cost to make Ketone runs ~.17c/gram

Agent_Smith

« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2001, 06:16:00 PM »
What seems expensive.  Save for the safrole, this doesn't use any chem that can't be had for a dollar a pound. 

And easy is refers to the fact that theres much less ambiguity than in the established methods.  You set this up in an afternoon, by 5 oclock youll know if you did it right.  Non of the 48 hour relfuxes and watching for color changes.  Regardless of that, theres still less steps than a typical ketone / reduction.  Also, no RP like other OTCs

foxy2

« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2001, 01:29:00 PM »
Agent

Have you succeeded in making anything with this method?

Buy that reply I would say Not.

Nothing is done that fast, maybe after many trials when you have the procedure down, but not initially!

Do Your Part To Win The War

Agent_Smith

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2001, 06:09:00 PM »
Even if you were trying to take forever, theres really no way you could stretch this out to more than a one day operation.

Yes, I have achieved honey this synth, my yields are posted at the top of this thread.

foxy2

« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2001, 10:38:00 AM »
Yea so how much did you have at the end of the day??
Weight? 
:P

Do Your Part To Win The War

baalchemist

« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2001, 11:56:00 AM »
Says he started with 30g's of safrole, cant imagine more than 25g's tops coming out. Thats not too much dope for an afternoons work, I would think an easy one like this could pump 100g+ at least in an afternoon.

Agent_Smith

« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2001, 07:29:00 PM »
My yield was around 29g of bromosafrole, ~70%

As I said before, yield in the amination was poor, about 50%, giving me somewhere around 10g of goodies.