Author Topic: The Merck (again), + ChemDraw Pro 6.0  (Read 7244 times)

CheshireHouse

The Merck (again), + ChemDraw Pro 6.0
« on: May 08, 2001, 03:44:00 PM »
ftp://198.146.80.72/_vti_pvt/_private/nul /frank/4/theHive/

For those who missed the Merck before, here it is again.  This time, the cue sheet (ISO in bin/cue format) is edited properly, the files are packed as executable RAR (so you don't have to have WinRAR to unpack them, and I've included CDRWin 4.0a (w/registration info) for those who don't have it, to burn the ISO to CD-R.

I also stuck ChemDraw Pro 6.0 up there as well; but you will need WinRAR for that one, it's not packed as an executable.

Long time no see, all :)... I've been away for a bit, so thought I'd come back & take a look at what I've been missing...

jen

gee, I sure am learnin' a lot

Rhodium

Re: The Merck (again), + ChemDraw Pro 6.0
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2001, 04:57:00 PM »
The FTP site exists, but not the catalog structure you have written down. Could you please check the accuracy of it?

http://rhodium.lycaeum.org

SpicyBrown

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2001, 06:32:00 PM »
Actually Rhodium, I managed to get to the specified directory on the FTP site; the said files are there. /_vti_pvt is hidden and not listed, you have to manually change to the directory. A program such as CuteFTP is unable to change into the /nul / directory, maybe because of the space after it. So you have to manually change at least to /_vti_pvt/_private/nul /frank/ and be sure to include the space after the "nul" directory name.

And ChesireHouse- Thank you a LOT!! My merk CD went bad (First CD I ever had do that) and I've been looking for this image ever since. You rule.

SpicyBrown

CheshireHouse

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2001, 09:17:00 PM »
well, the site seems to be down already,so I'm re-uploading the files to another public server.  with my upload speed, it'll take a few hours; I'll post here again when it's done. 

SpicyBrown is correct; I employ various 'hiding' and 'locking' techniques to conceal/protect the files.  you will not be able to get into any dir named 'aux ', 'nul ', 'com1 ', etc, without both including the trailing space, and knowing the next directory in the path (this is a 'locked' directory, which prevents people who 'stumble' upon the site from entering the dir unless they already know the name of the nested folder).

I'll let you all know when it's done.

jen

CheshireHouse

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2001, 03:00:00 AM »
ok, here's the new address for the merck/chemdraw...
216.217.37.7/incoming/com1 /for/theHive/

enjoy :) if you have any problems, pm me & i'll help ya out

jen

CheshireHouse

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2001, 05:23:00 AM »
also uploaded WLViewer Pro & patch.

jen

CheshireHouse

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2001, 08:07:00 PM »
also uploaded Adobe Acrobat 5.0 ISO by request of Rhodium.  the site is showing a 421 (busy) right now, so check back later & maybe you'll get through.

jen

CheshireHouse

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2001, 05:12:00 AM »
back up and running :)

jen

CheshireHouse

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2001, 12:15:00 PM »
i'm not sure if the lack of response to this stuff is because no one wants it, or whether it's just that no one looks past the first post to find the revised address, or what.  if no one here wants the apps, i'll post them on an fxp board somewhere (tho that will shorten the lifespan of the 'pub' considerably).  not trying to be bitchy about it, just don't want to waste time on this if no one but rhodium wants it.  on the other hand, i have more chem-related software, if ppl like it i'll upload it.

jen

TranceMe

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2001, 02:30:00 PM »
Well yes, I D/L it from that pub FTP site even before Rhodium posted his msg. Still I was an ass by not saying at least thanks.
So THANKS Chesire, I got Merck now.  :)

Chemically enhanced.

CheshireHouse

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2001, 05:19:00 PM »
sure :)  check in one of my replies, there's a second addy with more stuff (if you just went to the one originally posted i mean)

jen

Buster_Hymen

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2001, 07:59:00 PM »
Leave it all up! I want it all! Will get around to FTPing it this weekend... Thank you very much.

You cannot enter the temple of happiness through the gates of pleasure. Even so, I must keep trying.

CheshireHouse

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2001, 12:20:00 AM »
ok, but i must warn you, this is posted on a public ftp site (i'm 'stealing' their bandwidth).  they won't last forever, only until the system administrator notices it.

jen

CheshireHouse

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2001, 12:23:00 AM »
incidentally, for those using a web browser instead of an ftp client to d/l this stuff, you will need to type

ftp://

before the address (or it will assume it is an http address & you'll get a 404 error).

jen

Agent_Smith

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2001, 03:42:00 AM »
Thank you Cheshire, but I fear your link may be down!!  Please confirm...

Yes, indeed the entire "incoming" directory is gone

blah blah blah something clever blah blah blah

CheshireHouse

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2001, 07:20:00 AM »
yep, all gone.  well, i hope some of you were able to get the apps... i'll up more again sometime.

jen

CheshireHouse

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2001, 07:22:00 AM »
BTW, i do take requests.  i have or can get just about anything in the 'apps' dept.

jen

Agent_Smith

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2001, 02:01:00 PM »
Actually Cheshire, the first link you posted is still working, but the second is down... weird...  Thanks a lot either way

blah blah blah something clever blah blah blah

CheshireHouse

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2001, 03:22:00 PM »
that IS weird... maybe it was just offline for a while.  the server msg on disconnnect 'later dude' tells me it might not be a big corporate server, heh

jen

b159510

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2001, 04:40:00 PM »
Damn, what did I not do right? I saved all the Merck files to the hard drive. The exe file unpacked a bin and cue file. I burned the two files to CD using the program that came with my PC, adaptec or something, but the two files on CD didn't open. None of the Merck files I downloaded were actually opened, exept the exe file. I don't seem to have a program that will open them...Thanks to cable internet I didn't have to rip all my hair out... ::) .. The Merck I have was printed before I was born! Yes, I am too cheap to spend $60 for a new one, when the library has them for free.