Author Topic: Australian Help!  (Read 8289 times)

12cheman12

Australian Help!
« on: April 18, 2004, 05:08:00 AM »
Okai, down here in australia, as most of youse know, TCE is non exsitent and JD is also no where to be found... great for us australians, Best method of extraction is gone, so what can we do. Well im posting this and i want to know if you think this will work okai, mind you the pills contain pseudo sulfate.
Mineral turp for 12 hours
Xylene boil times 3
Acetone boil times 3
Pill mass dried
Methylated Spirits used to Pull Pseudo
Once Metho is evaped what is left is disolved in Dh20
Water is fine filtered
Water is A/B
My concern is, since swim is using Sulfate will everything still work okai?

jemma_jamerson

auzzie help
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2004, 06:20:00 PM »
after the a/b you wont bee using sulfate you nut  ;D

XXXX brake & parts cleaner contains
700g/kg tetrachloroethyene

XXXX brake cleaner  contains  perchchloroethylene

some bee will post where to get jap drier, i forgot, its here some where, could do with a memory check myself  :)

also what pils are you using mate?

pm moi,

kris_1108

sulfate and metho
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2004, 08:20:00 PM »
>>"Methylated Spirits used to Pull Pseudo"

This will not work.

According to

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/worlock/extractephed2.html#BE

"..the sulfate salt is only sparingly soluble in alcohol, so it must be extracted with water"

If this is the case, you may actually bee able to do a metho boil to remove gakk (???)

I would like to see a collection of links to posts containing information about aussie pills/reagents/chemicals etc.
I remember reading a while ago, an ausbee was doing a waterless a/b on some 1.2gm sulfate boxes and averaging 1gm pseudo per box (obviously doing more than 1 box at a time). AFAIK you can get some of the sulfate pills no ID.
The procedure was something like:
boil 3x acetone
mix PM with equal amt of sodi carbonate
add np. add metho to activate sodium carb
filter off np and boil the alc out that has disolved in there
gas for hcl.

Might try this myself one day, while im sleeping  :)

TSFE has been closed but ill have a look for that post when its back on..

12cheman12

I know after the a/b i wont be using sulfate,...
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2004, 10:14:00 PM »
I know after the a/b i wont be using sulfate, when i said im using sulfate i meant the pills i am using contain pseudo sulfate.
jemma jamerson are you saying that TCE and JD ARE available in australia? because i cant find any and have been told by store owners that TCE is now banned. If there are sources in australia and someone could point it out to me i would be very gratefull.
The pills i am using are 24 hour, they come with 7 tablets, each tablet contains 240mg of pseudo sulfate and 10mg of Loratadine.

"All you have to do to converat from Sodium Bicarbonate (simple baking soda) into Sodium Carbonate, is put some of the baking soda in the oven at about 400F for an hour or so (stirr mabye once or twice). Take it out after being thourougly baked, and you have Sodium Carbonate."
is this true?
How does that sodium carbonate and metho method work?
Thanks guys...

elfspice

washing soda
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2004, 11:11:00 PM »
sodium carbonate's called 'washing soda' and is used to soften water (ie make soaps work better), it can be bought in nice little plastic bags and probably tubs as a 98%ish percent pure. should be in the laundry section at the local supermarket.

kris_1108

Links
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2004, 12:50:00 AM »
Here are links to two posts regarding the extraction of pseudoephedrine from decongestant pills that are available over the counter in Australia

Post 486162

(beez_neez: ""sulfate/antihistamine removal"", Stimulants)

Post 485645

(sublevel: "aussie pills", Stimulants)

Im not sure if those links will work, will somebody check 'em for me
thanks

12cheman12

yup both of the links work...
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2004, 01:06:00 AM »
yup both of the links work... okai a few questions
is it so important that i use sodium carbonate, can i just use Na0H
Is methanol the same as methylated spirits...

kris_1108

SodiCarb vs NaOH
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2004, 01:15:00 AM »
I think they use sodium carbonate (washing soda, should bee avail. at the supermarket) because NaOH can burn the pseudo. I think. Some cleverbee will have to inform on this.

Methylated spirits is ethanol.

Beez_neez (who no longer exists) sais methanol works best for basing. I do not know how much difference there would bee using methylated spirits (ethanol). Maybe someone else knows...

12cheman12

in alot of posts whenever an A/B is done, most
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2004, 01:19:00 AM »
in alot of posts whenever an A/B is done, most of the time the baseing medium is just water true? so im guessing water can be used instead of methanol, maybe if i cut my ethanol with swims meth i can get methanol? lol joking guys...

kris_1108

metho-etho-noly-woly
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2004, 01:28:00 AM »
You cant use water. Adding water will make paper mache and you will cry. See my very first post on the hive, been there, done that.

Haha yeah "just stir 50gms methylamphetamine with 200mls ethanol and whala! instant methynol"  ;D

kris_1108

What to do
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2004, 02:38:00 AM »
Im pretty sure that bezz_neez procedure was performed on the 12hr version of these very pills.
So i suppose it would work on the 24hr version.

A question for the brainy bees,
with the sulfate salt beeing very insoluble in methylated spirits (alcohol), could the PM be washed with metho to remove gakk

And then a waterless a/b would be done

geezmeister

sodium carbonate
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2004, 08:17:00 AM »
Sodium carbonate was used to base the pill mass more to minimize the activation of Orange gakks than anything else. They appeared to be pH sensitive, and at higher pH levels would become nonpolar soluble. We discovered that if you based with sodium carbonate you minimized the amount of orange gakk that came over. It helped, but wasn't a final cure. Also sodium carbonate is cheaper and less noticed than red devil lye is as a OTC source for something caustic enough to base pseudoephedrine.

I haven't extracted from any pseudo pills from down under, and haven't worked any US pseudo sulfate pills in a good while. When I did, I did a waterless a/b on them after solvent boils, and never had a problem with them then. But--its been a while, and pill formulations change frequently.

auntyjack

sodium carbonate
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2004, 10:04:00 AM »
big bags of soda ash (sodium carbonate) can be had at any pottery supply store....

DrLucifer

Metho
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2004, 08:37:00 PM »
Afaik, methylated spirits is ethanol that has had pyridine added to it, so it cannot be drunk.
I could be wrong though.

12cheman12

okai.. heres the latest guys, the pills i have
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2004, 01:26:00 AM »
okai.. heres the latest guys, the pills i have are the SULFATE with an anthis, ive been informed they have that swelling agent so if water is added it turns to SHIT! and its loaded with orange GAK.
Im thinking, a dry acetone boil will remove the anthis
and doing a drybase should work to turn it to a freebase, but the only thing im not sure about is the orange gak, and TCE and JD is impossible to get, so does anyone have any ideas on removing the orange gak, maybe some kind of wash while the pseudo is in its freebase form? i dunno, can anyone help out?

kris_1108

Jack and Jill, bought some pills
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2004, 02:15:00 AM »
jemma_jamerson (should that say 'jenna jameson'???) said that after solvent washes (i.e jd/tetra), you could do a water based a/b, cos you'd have clean pee fed. So he means that the jd/tetra would REMOVE THE SWELLING AGENTS, so we use can WATER in the a/b. Since we cant get jd/tetra, I wonder if Xylene and Acetone boils would remove the swellers?? If so, a bee could do xyl/acy boils, and then proceed with a simple water a/b.

I think it was Geez who said that washing the NP with a naoh solution helps remove orange gaak. Also, basing with sodi carb would help with the orange problem.
Geez, (or someone else), What steps could bee taken to stop orange1or2 from coming over? Just the two that i mentioned? Any other steps?

sublevel

tce can be found
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2004, 04:39:00 AM »
tce can be found but it is labelled pce as active still plenty around

most of pills here now contain orange and the ph fucking
gakk and anti crystaling agent (you will smell it on evap)

pill masses can be motivated by dh20 in small amounts without affecting mass

after freebase is pulled evap non polar and see what youve got. lye wash in this stage, as washing in nonpolar will
cause you a fuckin nightmare in losses.

still trying to find a perfect workaround the ph altering
gakk

kris_1108

Prehistoric
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2004, 01:19:00 PM »
Gakk? What Gakk?

Swiks old man STILL just extracts with methylated spirits, and STILL cooks with hypo, NEVER does post rxn washes or acy flashes, just steam distills, and STILL makes gear. He only cooks for personal use (small rxns), but still makes gear that will get one going. Swik doesnt sample it so he cannot speak for the quality. But its still meth!

Why hasnt he been crippled by all the gakks? I do not understand!

Swik wants to try some ethanol extracted pseudo and follow up with a 24hr rp reflux and see what heppens!

8ball

aussie jap drier
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2004, 06:45:00 PM »
aussie version of jap drier is terebine. its in the paint section in 500ml cans, from diggers i think.

jemma_jamerson

improvise
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2004, 07:17:00 PM »
just base slowerly with sodium carbonate mate

with your non polar already in there, so the goods get obsorbed before the orange beast get activated

beez_kneez post is exactly the same pills, so if you can get toluene then for it use that...

let us all know