Author Topic: Cleaning Freebase  (Read 4832 times)

12cheman12

Cleaning Freebase
« on: July 12, 2004, 08:32:00 AM »

If freebase crystals are obtained and placed in flask over heat, and brought to pseudo freebase BP.
The vapors will travel through the hose and into the receiving flask that is on its side.
The vapors are now stuck at the top of this flask until they cool down and condense.
No need for a condenser because the vapors have no where to escape.
Is there any reasons why this wont work?

abolt

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 08:41:00 AM »

Brilliant

Will your rig be airtight?

12cheman12

The connection of the hose from the first...
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 08:51:00 AM »
The connection of the hose from the first flask will be airtight to stop vapors escaping.
Im thinking the hose going into the second flask wont have to be airtight, the vapors wont escape through the gap because they will travel straight to the top of the flask and this removes the risk of pressure build up.

Its simply short-path distillation of pseudo freebase.
After reading every other post i could find about it, i dont think the BP has to be reached.
If the melting point is reached (118°C) and let to sit for a while, all of the pseudo FB should vaporize.
Like i said its just short path distillation setup to catch the vapors and let them condense in their own time so one does not have to worry about having to use ice water somewhere.

abolt

??????
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 09:35:00 AM »
I don't even know if you can do that, but how can you be sure that impurities would would not mess up your psuedo when high temps were added?

......and for fucks sake, CONDENSE your vapors when heating and DON'T heat anything in an airtight rig!

12cheman12

well like i said, its not air tight.
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2004, 09:42:00 AM »
well like i said, its not air tight.
Dont try and say this doesnt work because there is a whole thread "gakinator" that talks about how short path distillation will clean pseudo freebase. There are many bees here that will vouch for that.
Now the question isnt if it will clean it or not because that has been proven so i dont know why your fighting against me on this but the question is if this setup will let the vapors condense in the second flask or does one NEED something like ice to make the vapors condense.

abolt

Relax
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2004, 10:01:00 AM »
I'm not fighting with you.

How can you be certain that the Psuedo and/or impurities will not resublime on the insides of your hose?

12cheman12

Well if the crystals form inside the hose it...
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2004, 10:16:00 AM »
Well if the crystals form inside the hose it could easily be tapped out or washed out.
Second is, the pseudo FB is FB that is obtained from say the tetra trap or another method, so its pretty clean as is and this method is used for removing the last impurities no other method can.
Like i said its already proven that carefull short path distillation will remove these impurities.

Now can we get back onto topic and stop asking questions about "if it will clean it" because this thread is about if the pseudo will condense.
If you cant help with that please dont post in this thread again.
Thanks

Scottydog

Speaking of the gakinator
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2004, 10:43:00 AM »
You may bee right 12cheman12. I like this idea better:

Post 515524

(kris_1108: "Alternate", Stimulants)
but yours may bee easier to set up, with less items to acquire.

I am speculating that by the time the FB vapor travels through the hose and reaches the second flask, the temperature will bee some 10°C cooler and the FB will then recrystallize in that flask.

From what I've heard, the distillation has to bee watched closely because its easy to burn up the FB with excessive temps.

12cheman12

Awww yes kris, good friend of myne on here.
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2004, 11:12:00 AM »
Awww yes kris, good friend of myne on here.
Good idea but i like to keep things as simple as possible.

If the setup is let run prior to adding any FB and a thermometer is added. The temp can be set to 118 and can be made sure that its stable. So no temp fluxs will be had during the process.

I once read a post by rhodium stating the BP of pseudoephedrine FB is 250C. Its the only reference to Pseudo FB BP i can find.

Therefore if the temp is keept at 118 there is really no chance of burning the FB.

I want to create a setup which is just dump crude FB in and turn on. Then not long after CLEAN fb will be had for all.

evilscripter69

Vacuum.....
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2004, 01:44:00 PM »
would help you, also use glass for tubing(easily bent with torch)that will make collecting crystals eassier,you will have a profuse amount in the thoretical connection.MONITOR THE TEMP FB STARTS VAPORIZING at.Higher temps WILL PULL GAKK!! In addition small fans cool glass nice(has to be one that moves air well)  :)

12cheman12

Thanks for the help. Swims setup heats the...
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2004, 02:14:00 PM »
Thanks for the help.
Swims setup heats the inside surface of his flask to excatly 119C
This is one degree above the MP of Pseudo FB
It will be left like this for an hour or so and see how the condensing is coming along, if crystals are moving along sime will just let it go until a sufficent amount have moved along, if not the temp will be raised slighty.

Synergetic

Why freebase?
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2004, 10:25:00 AM »
If you dont mind me asking, how contaminated are the crystals in question? Is short-path distillation really necessary, or are you just trying out new things in the name of research? Perhaps you should spend more time improving your pill extraction method, instead of wasting time trying to purify the pfed after the initial extraction.
Now, correct me if im wrong, but i assume that you must react the freebase product via a benkenser/birch rxn?
I cant see any other reason why you would want freebase fb, especially since it is a pain in the ass to react via HI/P!
Basically, im trying to tell you that because the birch rxn is such a very powerful reduction method, you really can reduce anything!! If your crystals are contaminated a 'little', then i wouldnt bother wasting time trying to purify your feedstock. For example, I have seen unrefined ground up pills reduced via an NH3/Na rxn just for fun, and  upon a very regretful, cautious bio-assay, there was definately product there as stimulation ensued!!  :-[
I will wait for your reply before i ear-bash you any further!  :P

12cheman12

Well i think the crsyatls need to get cleaned...
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2004, 10:45:00 AM »
Well i think the crsyatls need to get cleaned enough for a RP/I2 reaction.
I wouldnt do anything like that but.
The problem at hand Synergetic is after cleaning up. We are talking about, boils/washes/soaks in every liquid you can think of. And even after A/B's one is left with some pseudo HCL crystals, look nice to the eye, but once you try and scrape them up this yellow/amber/orange goo is seen. Gaks the whole lot up.
It can prob bee seen before the scrape up but swims evap dish is a see through black colour so you prob just cant see till you scrape it up.
The pills down here are gaked to the max, swim thinks its the latest gak, some kind of Orange II maybe.
But he knows he is either gonna have to distill the freebase (hopeing it will clean it up)
or do uncle festers KOH boils.

What swim is thinking of doing is
- (maybe some solvent cleans)
- Pull pseudo with alky
- Evap alky
- Dissolve in water
- Base water and pull FB with xylene (wash xylene)
- Evap xylene for FB (works fine up to here, if the FB is converted back to HCL the gak is seen)
- Distill FB

Like i said before, its just that one gak wrecking everything.

evilscripter69

syn, answer is yes
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2004, 12:41:00 AM »
there's new gakks which hide in all phases from start to finish, really nasty shit rendering product mostly useless. The SPD is effective on removing the gakk, SWIE's friend is tryig to get a method which is upscalable to work. I2chemanI2.. let me know how this works for u.

thanks, SWIE

Prepuce

I like it, but
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2004, 08:51:00 AM »
I like it but I'm not sure it will work better or easier. One thing you will find is that you have more areas where the vapors are going to crystallize, like inside the hose, that you will have to scrape to make the recovery. That's not a big deal, but i'm just not sure you really gain anything with this setup, pretty as it is.

The method SWIP posted in the gakinator thread calls for sealing the container, but in a way that it can momentarily pop open if the pressure gets to great, and that happens from time to time. It doesn't stay open long, and the leakage isn't even noticable. It just vents the excess pressure then setlles back in a closed position. You would NOT want to seal it up where the pressure couldn't escape without breaking something unless you like explosions that send breoken glass flying everywhere.

Having said that, the method posted in the gakinator thread can be run without ice, however it works better with ice, and is less apt to pop open if ice is used. If SWIP were to try your setup, and he may, he will still use ice. (Just encourages things to go as they should.) One enhancement he might add would be to wrap the heating flask with aluminum foil, so that little condensation of the vapors would occur in areas where the crystals could fall back into the cooker.

The more I think about it, the better I like it. Nice work!

PP