Author Topic: Removing MSM from Methamphetamine  (Read 15711 times)

Rhodium

Removing MSM from Methamphetamine
« on: August 11, 2002, 05:02:00 PM »
The Use of Heat to Eliminate Dimethyl Sulfone from Amphetamine and Methamphetamine Hydrochloride
MICROGRAM; 1999; V32 (1); January; P10

It is frequently the case that samples of methamphetamine hydrochloride or amphetamine hydrochloride are mixed exclusively with dimethyl sulphone. In order to isolate the controlled substances from the dimethyl sulphone, therefore, the sample was heated in a convection oven for 10 minutes at a temperature of 115°C. As the sample was heated, the dimethyl sulphone sublimated, leaving behind the methamphetamine hydrochloride or amphetamine hydrochloride. If this process does not work, then heating the sample for a further 10 minutes should solve the problem.

wareami

Sublime....
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2002, 09:24:00 PM »

As the sample was heated, the dimethyl sulphone sublimated

Could some more info be explained as to what the MSM sublimates to? Just trying to understand ware it goes to?
Thanx
Peaceof the reaction
Have FUN-Bee SAFE

Everything Ibee says should be taken with a Large Grain of Sympathomimetic Amine Salt
ô¿ôWareami

Rhodium

It evaporates, and then crystallizes on the ...
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2002, 10:28:00 PM »
It evaporates, and then crystallizes on the nearest surface having a temperature of 100°C or below.

foxy2

evaporates
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2002, 10:28:00 PM »
That just means it evaporates.

It will then deposit on a cool surface or condese like snow as the vapor cools.

Its the same principle as what happens inside your jar of iodine.  Ever notice the crystals forming on the cap?  ;)

Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

zibarium

any reason to do this?
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2002, 02:57:00 AM »
is msm dangerous?

Hematite

While MSM is in fact a healthy suppliment for ...
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2002, 05:26:00 AM »
While MSM is in fact a healthy suppliment for many, it unfortunately shortens the duration of the meth high quite substantially and is a poor choice of additive in all but appearance.

Regards, Hematite.

foxy2

if your snorting or eating it, then i can see no ...
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2002, 05:37:00 AM »
if your snorting or eating it, then i can see no reason.

MSM is supposed to bee good for your joints.  Its marketed as a supplement.  Google will tell you. UAFSE  :P

Smoking it is probably bad?  Well burning it anyways, if your careful to vaporize it without burning then its probably fine. 

Beez who know, does this taste like shit when smoked?
Ie rotten egg, phosphorus smell?  I would think it would?

Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

JiBTECH_WARRiOR

I think it tastes pretty disgusting.
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2002, 11:47:00 AM »
I think it tastes pretty disgusting. Also, it leaves a nasty brown residue on the glass!

BenWiFFen

The main reason for..
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2002, 02:27:00 PM »
I used to wonder why folks would blow out the first hit. To me it has no taste to speak of. A good way to tell if you have MSM in your gear is when you take a big first hit you won't blow out much smoke if any.

Sign here____________________

Rhodium

Sublimation of Dimethyl Sulphone
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2002, 04:02:00 PM »
MICROGRAM; 1998; V31 (11); November; P308-309

Sublimation is the name given to the process by which a solid transforms directly to a gas, with no liquid stage. Sublimation is a useful purification and separation method because few compounds sublime to any significant degree. If one compound that does sublime is found in a mixture of other compounds that do not sublime, therefore, separation is easy and clean.This paper describes the use of sublimation for the purification of dimethyl sulphone from a mixture of dimethyl sulphone and methamphetamine hydrochloride. The method used does not require solvents or test tubes and requires very little chemist time.

wareami

Ubee the BEEST!
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2002, 12:21:00 AM »
That explains it! Answers abound when the questions are placed the correct way. Ibees learning! Give`em a BRAKE!(He'll take your whole CAR!)Just fudgin! ;)  oarami?

Thanx Rhodium! Keep rockin dewd!
THE KIDZ

Everything Ibee says should be taken with a Large Grain of Sympathomimetic Amine Salt
ô¿ôWareami

xboXer

i was curious
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2002, 11:23:00 AM »
Is this a listed inactive on psudos? if not just bake to bee safe?
To date my theorizing on various equations concerning meth-like compounds have been showing an incorrect valance balance thus the lab monkees are moving rather slow....

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Shut the door start the car!

foxy2

no
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2002, 10:11:00 PM »
MSM is a very common cut for street speed

xboXer

oops
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2002, 11:18:00 PM »
thank you foxy. Reckon it was getting late there. Sorry for any confusion, my own was the obvious though.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Shut the door start the car!

dwarfer

regarding negative effects
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2002, 01:33:00 AM »
If it generates acidic conditions then it would interfere
with the strength or duration of the effects.

Similar, I would presume, to ammonium chloride, which is a system acidifier, and which also sublimes, but apparently
more cleanly, as it leaves no trace....

dwarfer

BenWiFFen

specific gravity
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2002, 04:43:00 PM »
How about a good ol battery hydrometer?   Just a shot in the dark.

Sign here____________________

Jacked

acetone
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2003, 11:52:00 PM »
Properties:  Crystals, mp 109degrees . bp 760 238degrees . Sublimes at 13 mm and 90degrees to 100degrees. Infrared absorption (solid) 7600-8700 nm. Di pole mo ment 4.44 (vapor). Freely sol in water, methanol, etha nol, acetone. Sparingly sol in ethe..

aztec

another way to detect msm
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2003, 05:44:00 AM »
take a small sample of the stuff you got because of your sabbatical...ah, nevermind...and melt it in cool water. wait a few seconds. if there is msm in it, the msm material will show up as long shards but will not dissolve. however, keep in mind that it will dissolve in very warm water. it will return to shards only when the water cools. it is not something i would use even if everyone says it is safe. yuck.

the subliming technique offered by rhodium works very well according to the benefactor of my disgust with the stuff.

Rhodium

DEA verifies MSM/Meth co-crystallization
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2003, 01:46:00 PM »
Unusual “Ice” Methamphetamine Exhibits in Stow, Ohio

(DEA, March 2003) The DEA North Central Laboratory (Chicago, Illinois) recently analyzed two unusual methamphetamine exhibits submitted by the DEA Cleveland Resident Office. The exhibits were obtained in Stow, Ohio via an undercover purchase, and had the appearance of “ICE” (1/4 inch long white crystals). The first had a net mass of 7.0 grams and was packaged in a single, clear zip-lock plastic bag, while the second had a net mass of 3.2 grams and was packaged in 14 small zip-lock plastic bags all contained within a larger zip-lock plastic bag. Analysis by GC, GC/MS, and FT-IR, however, indicated not high purity methamphetamine but rather a mixture of methamphetamine and dimethylsulfone. The first exhibit contained only 34% d-methamphetamine hydrochloride, while the second contained only 25% d-methamphetamine hydrochloride.

xboXer

well
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2003, 09:06:00 AM »
DEA was wondering why the dope they been pocketing wasn't keeping them awake on stake-outs.