Author Topic: Salty Asian Ephedrine !!  (Read 1645 times)

agentP2P

Salty Asian Ephedrine !!
« on: April 23, 2004, 11:20:00 PM »
So thne other day Swin stumbled across someone who had plenty of Epedrine to play with. Unfortuently, this wasn't regular 99% labgrade he was used to. His friend says that it's Asian and either 40%-60% ephedrine hcl and the remainder is salt. So swim tastes it and is it ever salty,but different tasting than common table salt.The texture is a super dull fine white powder with a baking soda (or chalk)like texture. There is no salt or ephedrine   crystals and there is no shimmer (like the 99% eph has). Swim's not so crazy about this stuff, but it's a substantially large bag and swim thinks he should at least try to clean it. So soaked in Methanol for two days let settle and evaporated off only to leave a very little thin film of white silt. Swims pretty sure that his friend was ripped off but he swears that his connect wouldn't do that and that he spent lots of $$ on this bag. So is there any remote possibbility that this bag of hideously ugly powder is ephedrine? What is the best method to extract from salt? (used thfse already: couldn't find correct answer) Or is this a very expensive bag of crap? Any suggestions would bee great!!

borolithium

Test it properly!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2004, 12:29:00 AM »
Taste testing is not a very sound method of determining purity. The first thing I would recommend is a freebase test, meaning drop a small sample into a test tube filled with lye/water solution. If there is ephedrine, it will clear the water from a milky white and white/yellow globs should form. Upon sitting, those globs should float to the surface.

If it passes that test, do a melt point test. If you don't know how, type in "melt point test" on google, then go get a thermometer.

Ephedrine melts at 216C-217C. Anything else is bullshit!

By the way, my guess is when you start adding your sample to the lye, it will fume ammonia, as most of the crap out there is just plain old ammonium chloride - which tastes REALLY salty. It also melts ice quite well but will not do much else.

Chinese my ass! Just because it's from China doesn't mean it shouldn't be pure.