Author Topic: Pills  (Read 2875 times)

12cheman12

Pills
« on: May 19, 2004, 10:40:00 PM »
swim has hands on some pills containing the following.
Active
- loratadine 5 mg
- Pseudoephedrine sulfate 120mg

Inactives
- lactose
- povidone
- magnesium stearate
- acacia
- dried calcium sulfate
- carnauba wax
- oleic acid
- purified talc
- maize starch
- sucrose
- microcrystalline cellulose
- eidermere soap
- colophony
- zein
- titanium dioxide
- white beeswax

Swim isnt to sure bout some of these inactives so his asking for anyones help. thanks

weaz1dls

Ok I went to the search engine
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 11:29:00 PM »
plugged in

geezmeister
and
pseudo sulfate 120 and the results were

Post 408142 (missing)

(geezmeister: "Yields on a modified STB", Stimulants)
and

Post 440829 (missing)

(geezmeister: "pseudo sulfate 120's", Stimulants)

Typing the same post into the search engine will get you faster results. :P

12cheman12

yeah i have read those posts, and what im...
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 01:57:00 AM »
yeah i have read those posts, and what im going to do is, soak the PM in brake cleaner over night (PCE) then do some solvent boils (mineral turps and xylene and acetone) then dry basing and pulling with xyelene and evaping for FB crystals. But im just not sure that this will remove all the inactives listed so thats why i posted that post. To see if anyone experienced bees knows about these inactives.

xaja

Those things are bastards
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 02:27:00 AM »
SWIM would recommend steam distillation first. Haven't tried it (the steam dist.) so not 100% sure it would work, but someone else probably has tried it, keep reading posts with TFSE. SWIM remembers that if you just add water or alcohol those things in them turn into a white layer that swells up to fill any volume of water, like +20L. Actually what you're gonna do sounds like a good strategy too. Good luck with it anyway.

12cheman12

these pills have a white coating, if you soak...
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 03:31:00 AM »
these pills have a white coating, if you soak em in hot water it removes the white coating complety and leaves a brown coating that wont dissolve in water. After the water wash the pills are down to about half their original size and are quite small actually.

amalgum

Steam distillation on pseudo from what SWIM...
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2004, 05:38:00 AM »
Steam distillation on pseudo from what SWIM has read is not all that great.  SWIM has only tried it once in the past (about a year ago) on some red hots that were much simpler and cleaner then.  SWIM spent a long time distilling, and collected a bunch of distillate, but very little pseudo was extracted from it.  The still flask contents had started to burn during the course of the distillation, turning the gups and water dark blown and eventually almost black.  This was dumped into a beaker after the attempted distillation, and acidified until the pH was very low.  It was filtered free of any insoluable gups, and re-basified until freebase smell was detected (and it smelled like my yeild even though it had been partially distilled).  The solution was covered an placed into the freezer for an hour, then the brownish dirty/scorched freebase flakes were filtered out.  The filter was allowed to sit for 30 minutes or so to dry out some and the filter cake was scraped out.  It was dissolved into hot methanol, filtered, acidified with HCl acid, and evaporated.  The pseudo that resulted was still in good shape, although it had turned a slight brownish color after all that.  It was ran through an rxn (short p/p back in those days) and yeilded superb product.

Nowadays, SWIM suggests to try some of the current pill cleaning methods before attempting to steam distill.  Follow the info on the thread for 120's (the new procedure thread).  Extract with alc, concentrate, add KOH and some H2O and boil for a few to destroy polymers.  Filter, and extract with non-polar.  Heat non-polar extractions until all alcohol is driven off, then filter until clear.  Gas or titrate to receive the goods.  Of course, recrystallize it.  Then run a small amt of it in a nano and see what the outcome is.  If it's alright, do the rest.  If there are gaks still present and the post rxn a/b seems to be gakked and the product comes out dirtier than usual, then steam distill.  SWIM found it is better to clean the pseudo as best as you can without distilling, then run with a little extra I2 and rp to help overpower anything else, and then distill.  If you do it right, all the pseudo will still get reduced in high yeilds, and the distillation will purify it to a much higher quality (as if it were distilled [the pseudo] pre-rxn.  SWIM just found that meth freebase distills over with steam quite readily, and is much easier/quicker to distill.  Although the drawback is it'll cost more I2 and rp in the long rung cause you have to add extra to help overpower any remaining gaks should you have problems with the pseudo.

xaja

Thanx for the feedback...
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2004, 12:51:00 PM »
Thanx for the feedback on steam distillation. SWIM had some success steam distilling pills with paracetamol present, the paracet comes over too and for some reason will seperate from the pseudo in an a/b after this (when it wouldn't beforehand, go figure, maybe its not paracet that comes over?) but yeah it never did work very well and SWIM abandoned the method eventually.