Author Topic: Al/Hg redn. of 2,5-DMP2P w/NH3  (Read 2240 times)

Tezcatlipoca

Al/Hg redn. of 2,5-DMP2P w/NH3
« on: July 23, 2002, 06:53:00 PM »
I realise it would be low, but what kind of yield could bee expected from Al/Hg redn. a la Osmium (

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/alhg.osmium.html

) of 2,5-dimethoxyphenylacetone using aqueous ammonia?

Thanks in Advance,
Tezcatlipoca

Vibrating_Lights

rxns
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2002, 08:00:00 PM »
The problem with these reactions is that the amphetamine product is a primary amine which will then react with more of the ketone.  For best results with an Otc approach would be to make the Oxime with hydroxlamine then reduce with Al/Hg in AA/EtOH yeilds warry with the ring substitution pattern.  How did you make the ketone??????  If you do attempt the reduction in Ammonia I would suggest Using Alcohol gassed to saturation with NH3.  The higher the concentration of amine the lower the yeild loss due to amphetamine reacting with ketone.  Good luck. hydroxlamine can be made from NitroMethane and HCL(UTFSE)
VL_

Tezcatlipoca

re: rxns
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2002, 08:27:00 PM »
Thanks V_L. If Tezcatlipoca were actually doing this rxn, he would probably use the Leuckart (if he went via the P2P at all). I just wondered what the probable yields for this rxn would bee for research purposes. 25DMP2P was made by Fe/HCl redn. of 25DMP2NP.

Thanks,
Tezcatlipoca

Rhodium

Writeup please
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2002, 09:16:00 PM »
Tez: Could you give us full reaction details of your preparation of 2,5-dimethoxyphenyl-2-nitropropene and 2,5-dimethoxyphenyl-2-propanone, please, with amounts, boiling points, yields and all?

Vibrating_Lights

do the oxime
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2002, 10:53:00 PM »
Make the oxime.  Antibody reported good yeilds with most oximes
VL_

Chromic

yeah
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2002, 10:57:00 PM »
3,4,5-tmp2p formed the oxime in OK yields for me... and seemed to reduce alright. I'd expect 2,5-dmp2p to go alright as well..

It will certainly go better than the Al/Hg with NH3.

Sunlight

CTH
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2002, 03:03:00 PM »
If you have the ketone, ammonium formate and Pd/C you can get good yields with the CTH reductive amination. See in the Novel Discourse.

Tezcatlipoca

Re:
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2002, 08:33:00 PM »
Thanks all :D

Rh: Will post full writeup when synth is complete. Yield of nitropropene and p2p were both ~75%.

- Tezcatlipoca -