Author Topic: New, saying hi, couple quick questions  (Read 1885 times)

Scumfrog

New, saying hi, couple quick questions
« on: April 28, 2004, 10:48:00 AM »
hopefully this is the appropriate forum. if not, move post, thanks in advance.

my questions are:

1) which is easier to make, MDMA or meth? I'm not considering making anything, but I'm just a bit curious :) from what i've read it would seem that MDMA is a much more involved process, but then again it could be that the meth guides are all just super concise or lacking proper info.

2) if one were to create said substances, how would one dispose of the chemicals left over in an eco friendly manner? failing that, in a generally responsible manner?

thanks
scumfrog

ApprenticeCook

Welcome, 1) imho meth is easier, but for a...
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2004, 02:03:00 PM »
Welcome,

1) imho meth is easier, but for a person who knows a thing about chemistry (which unless you do you shouldnt try either imho again) and methods behind such processes mdma is just as difficult. Meth can be done pretty ghetto if push comes to shove but mdma requires methdos which (imho!) cant be done ghetto style.

2) if you have such chemicals you need to get the msds (materials safety data sheets) for them, most chem suppliers provide them when you buy something which requires special handling, transport, storage etc... but they are availible on the internet at heaps of places. In most msds if not all there is a section for spill control and disposal restrictions.

Hope that helps.
-AC

ning

depends
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 04:37:00 PM »
As usual, everything depends.

When you say "meth", do you mean p2p meth or ephedrine meth?
When you say MDMA, do you mean MDA or just MDMA?
Probably certain MDA syntheses are easier than certain p2p meth syntheses, if safrole is available.

For example, although the ephedrine reduction is a one step reaction, obtaining the precursors has become very non-trivial. I think one could consider pill extraction itself to be a multistep synthesis, with all the gaks now put in.

Other routes, to MDMA or MDA, seem so simple, like a pseudonitrosite or bromosafrole method. But they are relatively untested, and would probably require a bit of buggering around with conditions to work. It may bee that such research is better done on legal materials until the process is fully debugged, to present less of a target.

How long do you want to ply this trade? And why? Fun? Money? Obsession? If you want money, you should pick a standard, well debugged route, make a lot, and get rid of your lab before you sell anything. This is most logical. Unfortunately, this is also almost impossible to do if you really care about the chemistry, or want to experiment.

Also, quality of your lab is important. How tightly packed are you with your fellow sapiens? What vapours and smells can bee emitted safely without comment? This has a large bearing on what type of procedures can be safely performed.

The most eco-friendly way to get rid of waste is to reuse it. Particularly solvents, which can bee redistilled to probably a better quality than they were when you bought them, as well as giving you a look at how efficient your extractions are...

Certain synths generate mercury waste, albeit in small amounts. I'm not sure how reuseable this is. Ask your conscience what to do about it.

Probably most everything else could bee neutralized to safe salts and dumped in the toilet.

If you lived in a shared accomodation, redistilling solvents may be a no-no.

Good for you for caring about our environment.

grandpa

About equipment
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2004, 05:52:00 PM »
Hi,

I would like to add that if you say meth, meaning RP/I, you would need much less equipment than if you go MDMA.

For MDMA, ground glassware is a must IMHO, you will also need vaccuum source, hotplate/stirrer combo and expensive glassware like separatory and addition funnel, this will turn out to be a pretty expensive bill compare to what is needed for meth.

ApprenticeCook

Yeah ning is right... all depends.
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2004, 05:34:00 AM »
Yeah ning is right... all depends.

Sorry when i said meth i ment ephedrine style and MDMA as MDMA... mostly OTC and ghetto vs nearly no ghetto but still fairly OTC materials.

-AC

runne

the process
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2004, 07:37:00 PM »
Hrmmm..

My buddy would suggest starting with the easier substance... Meth...

BUT

He would also advise that as your dream continues... but the GOOD QUALITY equipment instead of the ghetto stuff along the way. Start with the best equipment you can afford. It will give you a higher chance for success, and you will save money in the long haul anyways.

Oh and - buy a GOOD vacuum pump.

FlaskGenie

The quest
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2004, 03:40:00 AM »
Swim started making CAT from Pseudo and Potassium permagninate(KMNO4) from water softening systems (cost $20).  Then swim Made Meth in a test tube curbshot style (cost $20).  Then swim spent a year at the Hive and about $2500 and made his own good time M*MA fountain!(cost Priceless) Does swim Need an M*MA fountain?.....No swim does not.  Swim is Obsessed. In answer to your question the CAT or Meth synths are easy and  minimal skill or equipment is required, but be careful what you wish for.
 I wish you good luck in your endeavors and please read Lab safty and MSDS by LabTop at the top of the newbee forum.