Author Topic: help w/ 2cb crystalization  (Read 4513 times)

celariom

help w/ 2cb crystalization
« on: October 26, 2004, 03:01:00 PM »
i was given a small sample of tan/reddish 2cb powder and told to simply dissolve this into hot isopropyl then refridgerate/freeze to make crystals form...

well it didnt work at all so few questions...

1-isnt ether required with the iso to make the crystals form?

2-what form of 2cb do i have now? i was told it is post GAA wash and just has residuals on it...and is it safe to consume?

im no chemist so please if you could answer in simple terms id appreciate it very much  ::)

indole_amine

?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 02:48:00 PM »
I honestly don't know about 2C-B, but ether will surely help in crystallization. Do you at least know if you have the hydrobromide or hydrochloride? Hm - probably not..

(I just remember a guy who once told me he had bought 2C_B in a capsule, and he mentioned that it contained two small lines of a rust-colored, reddish-brown powder, which after ingesting one of them made him feel like a comic character and caused him to party on very excessively. So probably you should just evaporate the alcohol, do an acetone wash on the residue, dry it and then swallow it as is...)

indole_amine

celariom

im 99 percent sure its hydrobromide...
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 04:43:00 PM »
im 99 percent sure its hydrobromide...

at this point what would washing with acetone do exactly?

do you mean to filter it somehow as well ?

thx fer yer help ! :)

hest

Rex
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 07:48:00 AM »
you have used too much isoprpoylalkohole.
Place your 2cb in a glace, heat it with something so it is app. 100°C then add boiling IPA, drop by drop, until all your powder is disolved, then put the IPA in the fridge and filter off the nice xtals the nex day.
I'm sure you have added way to much IPA. An you can rex from a lot of solvent's.