Author Topic: Democrats Unveil Bill to Decriminalize Drug Possession at Federal Level, Expunge  (Read 17796 times)

Offline java

• Founding Wasp
.....it seems like a reasonable thing to do , since the so called war on drugs has been a waste of time, money and human lives......java

hxxps://www.newsweek.com/democrats-unveil-bill-decriminalize-drug-possession-federal-level-expunge-records-1600839
"If you like yourself....then take care of yourself"

Offline ketosis

• Just some bee
  • Dominant Wasp
.....it seems like a reasonable thing to do , since the so called war on drugs has been a waste of time, money and human lives......java

hxxps://www.newsweek.com/democrats-unveil-bill-decriminalize-drug-possession-federal-level-expunge-records-1600839
my observation IRL, it seems, is that police are no longer jailing drug dealers, even 'traffickers'. People get arrested, and then not much more happens.  like they bust the person, take away whatever they have on them, and then drive them home.goddamn it's about time.

Offline Johnathan Ferrous

• Subordinate Wasp
I used to know a cop. he pulled over a guy who was clearly drunk. He said to the guy "look, you're clearly drunk, if I test you I have to take you in. But I can also give you another option."
Or something like that. He then got into the guys car and found 2 joints and a half-empty six pack. He made the dude drink all of the six pack and smoke both of the joints before giving him a warning and sending him on his way.

Funny.
Like imagine, that some big cosmic stoner, who doesn't give a shit about anything more than smoking pot, burns up your fucking planet in the bong just to get high

Offline carl

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
  • circular pastry filled with hazelnut crime
I used to know a cop. he pulled over a guy who was clearly drunk. He said to the guy "look, you're clearly drunk, if I test you I have to take you in. But I can also give you another option."
Or something like that. He then got into the guys car and found 2 joints and a half-empty six pack. He made the dude drink all of the six pack and smoke both of the joints before giving him a warning and sending him on his way.

Funny.
And now for the next episode of something thats never happened! :D
I would suggest that you guys share information like it was the last day on Earth.  This information slowdown is all because of all that dumb unwillingness to share.  That is where the DEA is winning.  There goal is you not talking to each other.  Let the information flow.  I  promise we will always be 2 steps ahead of DEA chemists if we just keep sharing information
Real bees just hear the buzzing and it doesn´t ever stop. Ever.

Offline ketosis

• Just some bee
  • Dominant Wasp
And now for the next episode of something thats never happened! :D
Wait, you mean, he.....lied!?!? a policeman!?!?impossible=D

Funny.
Ahh a cop who is your "friend" who tells stories like that and even sometimes does things like that.  They usually have a special name within whatever system they're in.  If we lived in Game of Thrones land, the would be called 'the whisperers' and would of course report to the Eunich.  (They have to compete a few years of additional training)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 10:48:14 PM by ketosis »

Offline Kasey Jones

• Subordinate Wasp
If they decriminalize coke, will you still get paranoid? If you don't have to worry about the alphabet jackboots in SWAT gear busting in your door, what will you be frightened of? Shadow People;)?!

Offline ketosis

• Just some bee
  • Dominant Wasp
If they decriminalize coke, will you still get paranoid? If you don't have to worry about the alphabet jackboots in SWAT gear busting in your door, what will you be frightened of? Shadow People;)?!
See that's the problem.  History has proven over and over that when drugs/alcohol/whatever are legal, they are used much less, and have much fewer cases of severe addiction.
And maybe it's just the adrenalin rush, ya know?   Like after basking in it for a little bit, once it's clear that no cops are coming, i'll stop hearing the sirens in my head. OMG, even the shadow people(cute little fellas' they are) might stop their mind games!!Drugs might become boring!I"m literally concerned

Offline Baba_McKensey

• Toad Quarantine
  • Founding Wasp
Are you a psycho chemist?

I'm not Sam

Offline Helios

• Pupae
What could they possibly be up to now....?

Something sinister, no doubt.

+ how can you decriminalize something that is not criminal?  :)

Offline Penile Assetate

• Pupae

Funniest part to me is how they show a picture of someone rolling a blunt but describe it as a 'joint' in the caption. So out of touch.
I feel like if the generation(s) of people born before 1965ish all collectively took a nice therapeutic dose of MDMA, our world would be a far & away better place overall.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 08:48:14 PM by Penile Assetate »

Offline jacolives

• Dominant Wasp

my observation IRL, it seems, is that police are no longer jailing drug dealers, even 'traffickers'. People get arrested, and then not much more happens.  like they bust the person, take away whatever they have on them, and then drive them home.goddamn it's about time.

Wish I could say the time.  I’ve been to prison multiple times for drugs, hell most of my friends have.  I have a lot of friends who aren’t getting out of the feds OR state for a long time.

While sentencing AND earlier release options are getting better in my state, any dope case in the feds you are looking at 10 years minimum. For reference btw, if you know anyone who got indicted for drugs and somehow got out in 5 years (downward departure from the sentencing guidelines), they told.  Period.  End of story. The MAJORITY of people I know from doing time, are drug dealers.  Not to say that’s the majority of people in there, the number of sex offenders in Medium custody in some states is absurdly high but it’s not like I’d ever have anything to do with them anyway.

The feds are full of drug cases. There’s only so many things they regularly prosecute, so many things are simply only dealt with at the state level but drugs is at the top of their list.  It also seems to be a crap shoot whether they or the state charges you.  I’ve done all my time in the state system, but I have friends who did less and got caught with less who will be coming out of federal prison feet first.  Guess I’ll call myself lucky and stay out of trouble from now on.
quisieron enterrarnos, sin saber que eramos semilla

Offline aes256

• Founding Wasp
man, the prison system in the US really is beyond belief. That stories I hear (mostly here) are so fucked up. I really feel sorry for you guys, being busted for the most trivial shit and having a decent chunk of your life fucked up from having to do time.

I'll pour one out (and a few more!) for your homies
Quote from: Eleusis
However, I had serious misgivings about sharing because my quest was one for knowledge and experience while, I knew, for most others it would be for purely economic reasons.

Quote from: Orange
you can always dont make things.
but u cant always make things happen.

Offline ketosis

• Just some bee
  • Dominant Wasp

Wish I could say the time.  I’ve been to prison multiple times for drugs, hell most of my friends have.  I have a lot of friends who aren’t getting out of the feds OR state for a long time.

While sentencing AND earlier release options are getting better in my state, any dope case in the feds you are looking at 10 years minimum. For reference btw, if you know anyone who got indicted for drugs and somehow got out in 5 years (downward departure from the sentencing guidelines), they told.  Period.  End of story. The MAJORITY of people I know from doing time, are drug dealers.  Not to say that’s the majority of people in there, the number of sex offenders in Medium custody in some states is absurdly high but it’s not like I’d ever have anything to do with them anyway.

The feds are full of drug cases. There’s only so many things they regularly prosecute, so many things are simply only dealt with at the state level but drugs is at the top of their list.  It also seems to be a crap shoot whether they or the state charges you.  I’ve done all my time in the state system, but I have friends who did less and got caught with less who will be coming out of federal prison feet first.  Guess I’ll call myself lucky and stay out of trouble from now on.

yes, agreed, and yes agreed.
The main reason, from a purely legal standpoint, of why you don't wanna get indicted from state to federal, is because like 4 or 5 other English speaking countries, the USA follows Common Law, which is defined by judicial precedent as WELL as by legislative statute.  And somehow the way the surreal war on drugs story unfolded in the federal courts, the whole "drug addiction is a disease not a crime" aka, drug possession is required to charge someone with a drug crime, well it played out a bti differenty federally .

They can do historical cases and charge someone not with "Possession of x amount of class A substance" - "with intent to distribute" like normal, but they can use indirect evidence to charge someone with "Moved a total of 10 tonnes since we first began surveillance, 4 years ago"

The times that are changing have begun to change only JUST recently.  Some states have 'shooting galleries' now.  And the feds say "we'll just support whatever is decided on the state level".
There's decriminilization of hard drugs.

In my state there's a huge grant fund now, that is made exclusively available to those that have done time for non violent drug offences.  Can be ANY drug.  And the grant provides crap loads of resources to get seriously into the emerging cannabis industry.

It's like they're finally saying "ok yes we'll stop, and yes, we're sorry"

All of this is still in a small percentage of only the most cutting-edge(eye-roll) political areas.

ANd obviously covid catalyzed most of this.  Sure they don't like to admit this, but they do .

Offline jacolives

• Dominant Wasp
What state is this ?  I’m sort of on the lookout myself. I am planning on going back to school - already accepted, but I’m looking for any kind of help I can get I suppose.
quisieron enterrarnos, sin saber que eramos semilla