Author Topic: improvement to iso-ketone via peracetic method  (Read 6352 times)

yellium

You seem to think that if you work with clean...
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2003, 12:34:00 PM »
You seem to think that if you work with clean chemicals at one point, you'll end up automagically with clean chemicals at the rest of the synthesis route too.  Unfortunately, chemistry doesn't work that way.

Example: say, you would like to pool three 25 ml fractions of distilled freebase. You do this by throwing the fractions in a new, bigger flask, flushing the three smaller flasks with DCM, throw the DCM+freebase in the bigger flask and rotavap the DCM off. Now, if you're in a hurry, and put the waterbath of the rotavap just a little too high, you'll end up with freebase with a slightly yellowish/brown color.

Similar things can happen when you acidify your freebase. Slopppy technique can ruin even the purest chemicals.

Chromic

Purity
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2003, 10:36:00 PM »
Say  a distillation removes 90% of the contaminents, the A/B 50%, the recrystallization 75%... none of those #s will ever be exactly 100%. What you end up with, is still a product that has impurities... and it will have more impurities if what you tried to clean up was more impure.

I, personally, wouldn't worry too much about amine-like impurities that are substancially similar to MDMA if I was just taking them done over a short-term basis. Then again, I bet the same logic could have me eating my own feces. Point is, you're probably right but "probably" is not good enough logic to endanger the rest of society.

placebo

It's like sex, we are competing for quality,...
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2003, 01:13:00 AM »
It's like sex, we are competing for quality, not who finishes first!!!
Take your shortcuts to www.prematureejaculators.com.

Triton

Ahhhh
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2003, 01:46:00 PM »
Now I get it.

Couldn't quite grasp it until placebo pointed out something I could relate to.

Thanks guys.

hellman

-Extraordinary my ass!
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2003, 10:04:00 PM »

Protium

Chill
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2003, 10:28:00 PM »
Hellman, do you ever find yourself periodically peeking through your blinds?

hellman

yes,
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2003, 09:47:00 PM »
-----Hellman, do you ever find yourself periodically peeking through your blinds?

Protium
....only until it hurts too much, but i guess it depends on what you meant,
-the blinds of paranoia,...?
Well no, I am not paranoid, in a relative construct kind of way, less than you , most probably,.

but if it means what i believe in, then i yes i purposly look through the blinds,. I don't mean to hurt anyone, people hurt themselves, you know that, things close to the bone always hurt us,.
We don't want to accept, that's our problem, why can't i say the things i want to say, when they are true,
Why is it so unfair that we have to be like this, i think you need to spend a week with me, and unwind a little, respect is one thing, shit, osmium's great, but who says he's right, for that token who says i'm right,
Look E can be made WITHOUT distillaton, in pure quantity,
- the truth is often aggressivly painful for some people, and that's life,. end of story, the sooner you accept, the more like me you become, -smile-
( i could of said the more free you become, but you know..)

maybee all this aggression is that we are turning something rudamenatlly fucking basic,(labware) into what it shouldn't be,. think about it, you are being ruled by an association with what has been told to you that is the best, what you should do and what you shouldn't, glass heat resistant tubing, for fuks sake,.

I have told you kids about limits,-enough said,.
in hindsight, WHO GIVES A FUCK

-who am i to say that, we are not perfect,
there are others to do that for us,.
;D
you guys are a crack up,

- i have a gift for you all soon, i can share a little with you know,
There is a man, i am not sure who, that doesn't matter, the fact is he was a production chemist,.
He made a high efficency, less mechanocal waste for 1 to 100 ,ml experiments that is made otc,.

I'm trying to get it to you, one day iam sure,.

- yeh, stick to the labware, smile

joking!
- keep moderating me guys, at least i know some cares,.

Aren't you tired of all this, huh? :P  ;)

abacus

bullshit
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2003, 10:59:00 PM »
Why don't you people try to help those bees that are struggling with problems, rather than spout your self important bullshit. 

Fuck me, too many people talk through there arses around here

Abacus

Protium

Ummmm......no.
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2003, 10:48:00 AM »
Look E can be made WITHOUT distillaton, in pure quantity.

Your yeilds are liable to suck and your product will be impure.  There is no excuse for poor lab technique.  As for your iso-safrole, you will have substantial yeilds lost to polymerization.  You know the tar in your flask..... it's not a good thing.....  that tar could have been mdma.  The unreacted safrole will not epoxidize but along the road a plethora of side reactions will occur and your product will be of poor quality and quantity.  Running the procedures without distillations is ludacris.  Any hillbilly in his kitchen could do that in a frying pan, and such discourse should be directed to methinfo or a similar forum.

Quality before quantity, and day of the week.  Anything less would bee un-hive-like.

wacko_reaco

you guys do not know a thing
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2003, 02:26:00 AM »
Man,
I guess none of you have ever worked in a chemical plant before, or a pilot plant, (or a MacDonalds Kitchen), fuck i think you would be thinking twice if you think all your safe consumer products go through unneccessary purification.
My thesis is that the reaction to ketone works for my source of sass without any vac distilling steps. The second part to my thesis is that vac distilling the ketone, a/b after the al/hg, vac distilling the free-base and re-crystallising the crystals results in a very pure product.
One of you should look up some theory on these purification methods and stop with the hyberbole. you gyus are sounding like bush on iraq, the hilarous thing is most of you who are disin me for not dislling my sass or iso probably gass straight after the toluene extraction ala MM, or even if you do you probably do not re-crystallise.
The third part of my thesis is that is you are going to leave out a purification step, don't leave out the ones at the end, leave out the ones at the start.

hellman

wires crossed
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2003, 08:14:00 PM »
no,.

you have it around the wrong way,my friend,
we are doing the helping, the others and you are doing the fighting,
;) ..... loook haaaaarrrrder .
more chemistry, i agree

...it's only self important crap, if you don't agree with me, otherwise you would be laughing :)

baalchemist

If one carefully chooses the reactions for...
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2003, 12:30:00 AM »
If one carefully chooses the reactions for each of the necessary steps and UNDERSTANDS what each reaction produces(product & by-products) using their specific technique & methods, it most certainly can be done without distilling. As a matter of fact, Scwam already did that 2-3 years ago and caught alot of BS for it at the time, I personally thought it was quite an accomplishment for a chem-hack. Some methods when executed properly, produce very little in the way of by-products that can't be washed away or even has become an inert substance during a reaction & will not react in the proceeding reaction. There are many factors one must take into account for that to happen, 'selection & solubility properties' of the solvents that are chosen for extracting ones reactants from a given route, or its use in an A/B workup of a reaction product, and cant forget about filtering media. There are quite a few methods that produce tons of by-products even with optimal technique, and then there are those that dont. It comes down to ones ability to understand and educate themselves properly on their own specific 'hows & whys', its definately not a game of uncertainty for idiots. Then there's a question of morality involved, that is ones own choosing regardless of what anyone else has to say about it. Unfortunately it seems most are'nt willing to go the extra mile it takes to gain the degree of understanding & skills that proper chemistry requires. Its those types that put the publics health in jeopardy with their 'brown colored E-caps' or that 'orange crank w/reddish tint', or is it the fault of those that aquire this crap from the cooks & peddle it, or is it the 'dumbass consumer' that dont know what the fuck he's buying and really dont care just as long as its a 'drug'?  I'm neither 'for or against' a route of this nature that doesnt distill, because Baal has his own preferences that are of "optimizaions & high purities' of each compound and distilling is a part of that protocol regardless. I personally dont think that lack of accessability to proper 'lab materials & such' is a viable incentive or excuse to produce copius amounts of 'designer dope' containing a bunch of un-tested 'unknowns' and pass it off on the un-suspecting. Carcinogenic unknowns can certainly help that 'hump' to start a growing quicker, just like youve always wanted to have. Remember this; "Theres no such thing as an educated guess, there's just an un-educated guessor". Anyhow best 'o luck on the quest.

scram

Swim wishes he could annom.
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2003, 01:39:00 AM »
Please Ladies and Gentlemen hold back your applause...(audience settles down). Thank you for the introduction and inviting me here my brother & fellow bee, Baalchemist. In additon, Swim wishes he could annom. send batch samples of his stuff for GS/MC to determine its purity. But doesn't see how this could be done w/o providing too much personal info to a lab.

hellman

unaldulterated chemistry
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2003, 03:56:00 PM »
Thank God chemistry is finite, absolute and logical,.
If you look at it like that, anything can be achieved,
It's not magic kids,

that's all i'm gonna say ;)

ever get the feeling that these righteous doodes are some  soft long arm of law enforcement in collaboration with a marketing department for Pyrex?

Think about it again,
every step you do that lets the eye of sauron see what your up to, you will get caught faster, the more you use what THEY want you to,.

The-Hive is and has always been about the safety for bees,

Thankyou for your post Wacko,.

- this is highly off topic, i apologise

hellman

Placebo: It's like sex, we are competeing for...
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2003, 09:42:00 PM »
Placebo:
It's like sex, we are competing for quality, not who finishes first,!;

That's so funny,.
- it's the girls that want us to think that,.
When you masterbate, do you make allowances for you hand?,..
-smile
It's an instinctually driven case of the end justifies the means,(well it should be) but  in a pc world,were we carefully(most of time) balance our mind & genetic influences, yes, the means(in this case length) does justify the end?..hmm   -smile
No wonder so many of us are broke all the time,.

Want to come, must wait,,,must wait

note, I don't agree a damn bit with what i just said,I just don't buy into the whole pressure on coming thing,.
You come when you come, karma sutric sex, only leads to excessive amounts of semen discharge, irritable skin, and longer gaps between orgasming  due to physical pain,
Sex or wanking as a bottom line uses energy, and at the end of the day, that's gonna cost you cash,.
Philosphically speaking, you want to take the least path of resistance(with anything) and come when you want,.
Overengaging with too much thought, is just gonna bring you down

this is an expensive lifestyle, getting off these days, does cost eventual monetary loss, you want to get it over with, before you eventually wind up in a shelter,.

i didn't say it was a perfect world ;)

hellman laboratories