Author Topic: remembered link re: bacterial ephedrine -dpHarma  (Read 2732 times)

dormouse

remembered link re: bacterial ephedrine -dpHarma
« on: April 22, 2000, 08:44:00 AM »

the Hive BB
  Novel Discourse
  remembered link re: bacterial ephedrine

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic 
Author  Topic:   remembered link re: bacterial ephedrine 
dpHarma
Member   posted 12-28-98 12:24 PM          
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
long time ago dpHarma posted an item about bacterial production of ephedrine.
At the time, the ref'd link went missing and has just been recovered.

For anyone still interested here it is.
for the delay, apologies.

http://www.eng2.uconn.edu/cheg/profiles/rwc.html

dpHarma

Crow
Member   posted 01-01-99 06:18 PM          
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dharma, are you the one in India? If so, I would like to ask you some questions regarding your wonderful country...please advise.

Stonium
Member   posted 01-01-99 06:55 PM          
I don't know for sure, Crow. But something makes me think DpHarma is of the British sort. Could definitely bee wrong, though.
Over/Out,
Stonium

dpHarma
Member   posted 01-06-99 09:05 AM          
Oh yes!
I am running around in great wonderfullness!
But not in India!
Try western canada.
and it's d-'p' Harma
as in "da' farmer"

dpHarma

randolph carter
Member   posted 01-06-99 11:19 AM          
da farma .....
sheeeit.......
that's what lilith and i are......
everyone calls our place "the funny farm"...
54 acres of heaven..........................
damn near self sufficient ..................
even make our own beer/wine/grain alcohol...
power via solar and water power.............
funny i never "got it".......
duh......
i'm glad we're not the only "high-tech luddites" around........

dpHarma
Member   posted 01-26-99 10:49 AM          
Aaahhh!
This helps one to understand some of your ideas.
homebrew AND home "cookin'. The best of ALL worlds. and someone to share it with??
died and gone to heaven. yep!
thas fer shur!

Yes life on the farm is kinda laid back, early to rise and early in the sack....
thank God I'm a country boy!!

btw Randolph any sign o' that calamus oration?? springs a'comein and seeding time will soon be on us ;-)

gotta makes plans for that big wet area down south.

later

dpHarma

hummmm
Member   posted 12-20-1999 02:44 AM          
Production of a Drug Intermediate by Biocatalysis
Many fungi, and some bacteria, cause acetylate benzaldehyde to produce the chiral intermediate L-phenylacetyl carbinol (L-PAC), which then is processed in subsequent chemical steps to the drug, ephedrine. We have immobilized microbial cells to produce a catalyst that can be reused many times for the reaction to produce L-PAC. We have been able to improve yields substantially for this industrial process.
Production of Dextran by Biocatalysis
We have been able to immobilize bacteria that produce dextran and fructose from sucrose. The biocatalysts can be reused and significantly enhance yields. Dextran finds practical use as a component for constructing two-phase immiscible aqueous systems for bioseparations. Dextran also is used as a blood plasma extender.

NOT ABD???????????

All times are CT (US)
 next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
    Hop to: Select a Forum or ArchiveList of Forums:General DiscussionAcquisition DiscourseChemistry DiscourseMethods DiscourseNovel DiscourseCrystal MethSerious Chemistry ForumThe Hive CouchSerious Tryptamine DiscourseAdmin Chill-out TentList of Archives:Couch ArchivesClassics!Law and OrderThe litter box.misc. PEAs  

Contact Us | the Hive