Author Topic: Getting Lab Equipment in the Mail  (Read 1366 times)

slick14

Getting Lab Equipment in the Mail
« on: April 07, 2003, 11:27:00 PM »
Why cant I even get a stir bar without a bunch of bullshit what can I do to get around all the red tape? Any help would bee greatly appriciated

SPISSHAK

Well what are they asking of you?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2003, 12:29:00 AM »
Sometimes different companies have different policies, what are they asking from you?
I know in certain states you need a permit from the DPS before you can even possess glasware and some states are wary about shipping to these states.
So this is what you do, get an address to have it sent to  another state.
Make sure you aren't associated with that address.
If you cover those bases it should be less hassle.

tranceport

Spiss is right...
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2003, 06:39:00 AM »
One company sold swim hot plates, 6 stir bar station, and even some solvents no questions asked. Could you believe another company wouldnt even so much as sell swim methanol, without declaring his/her intentions and copy of d/l?

scram

I had one of these stupid fuckers from ...
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2003, 07:24:00 AM »
I had one of these stupid fuckers from sciquest turn down my order fro a 3" egg shape stirbar once.
Mr X,
That item is a DEA watchlist item. What are you intending to use it for?
"To stir a solution"
That item is used only in 22 liter flasks. That's not what your intending on using it in?
"Man, I never even seen a 22 liter flask before. The damn thing is being used in a 2 liter FB flask to stir a viscous glycol solution"
Well, Mr X, we just have to document what your intended use for this item since this is a DEA watchdog item
"Fine, send the thing out, It should have been sent out 2 days ago and tell the DEA if they want to come to my house then we'll talk over it together with a cup of tea"

I got my stirbar, but the fuckers were too scared to come for some tea.

slick14

they are asking on intended use.
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2003, 08:16:00 PM »
they are asking on intended use. but i found a company in california that said if you spent over 100$ with them the state of california says your a criminal and they dont do business with criminals. this guy was really cool and said as long as the order is less than 100$ i can get anything i wanted without question i will just use different names and addresses and i should be ok