Author Topic: tested DMT syntheses with 95% yield  (Read 4056 times)

freakyDMT

tested DMT syntheses with 95% yield
« on: August 26, 2003, 11:20:00 PM »
He bees,
This is no dream nor fantasy or a lie,but a tested syntheses route with a 95% yield!
It goes as follows:

In 2000 ml dry Methanol is dissolved 50 grams of tryptamineHcL,followed by 47,5 ml sodiummethoxide 30% in MeOH,58.8 gram of aceticacid 100% and as last 31.4 gram of
sodiumcyanoboronhydride.
The mixture is stirred with a magnetic stirrer and cooled with an ice-salt bath back to -2°C.
when it reaches this themperature there is dropped to this solution a mixture of 57.5 ml folmaldehyde 37% in 625 ml dry methanol in 30 minutes time.
After this the whole is stirrer for at least 1-2 days at 10°C by putting the whole in the refrigerator.
After this the reactionmixture is deluted by the same amound of water and made basic,pH 9-10,by adding a strong sodiumcarbonate solution to it.
hereby white particles precipitates which are filtered of and are washed with ethylacetate,which is combined later with the ethylacetate extracts.
the whole solution is distilled under vacuum as far as possible.
The residu is diluted with 3 liter of water,this solution is extracted 4-5 times with a total amound of 1.5 liters of ethylacetate which is combined with the earlyer extract.
the ethylacetate solution is dryed with anhydrous magnesiumsulfate,which is wetted with fresh ethylacetate.
The whole is filtered and the ethylacetatesolution is distilled down to circa 100-150 ml under vacuum.
this is put in a small beaker and put in the freezer for a day.
yield 45.4 gram yellow-colored DMT (95%)!!! 8)

raffike

How do you know it's DMT and not tryptamine or
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2003, 11:47:00 PM »
How do you know it's DMT and not tryptamine or some other inactive chemical?

freakyDMT

how do i know?
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2003, 11:59:00 PM »
I smoked a very tiny amound and it is very potent stuf,and second it hardly leafs any residu behind.

ClearLight

NaBH4???
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2003, 12:13:00 AM »
Freaky!!! Plz plz run the test again using NaBH4 w/ simultaneous addition as posted here previously.. (lego an my posts) and let us know if that works as well!  (tryptamine has been difficult to locate, NaCNBH4 is tough also) NaBH4 is on the shelf..

grats in advance..!

raffike

Yes that would be very ...
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2003, 07:34:00 AM »
Yes that would be very interesting,cyanoborohydride is very expensive to get also.

Lilienthal

Without more information on the purity of your
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2003, 10:49:00 AM »
Without more information on the purity of your product the statement of a yield does not make sense. Only recrystallization and (TLC) analysis you could give a valid yield. I'm also not sure if it is possible to get crystalline DMT out of ethyl acetate solution.

I'm a bit sceptic about this procedure because because I can't understand why the lower temperature should result in less cyclized byproduct. I also don't see any reason to use sodium methoxide / acetic acid instead of sodium acetate and to keep the reaction at 10°C for so long. It would also help if you could post the molar amounts of your reagents.  :)

cattleprodder

N dialkylation
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2003, 01:20:00 AM »