Author Topic: LSD Chemist William Leonard Pickard to be Released From Prison  (Read 47880 times)

Offline RhinoJackson

• Subordinate Wasp
On July 24, 2020, a Memorandum and Order was filed in the United States District Court of Kansas, in the case of United States of American [sic] vs. William Leonard Pickard. This Memorandum and Order states that Pickard’s motion for compassionate release is granted.

hxxps://www.psymposia.com/magazine/william-leonard-pickard-lsd/

Offline spice

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
  • Investigate it
Re: LSD Chemist William Leonard Pickard to be Released From Prison
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 12:39:40 PM »
Well that's good.
Real bees just hear the buzzing and it doesn´t ever stop. Ever.

Offline carl

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
  • circular pastry filled with hazelnut crime
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 12:52:56 PM »
Yeah its good for him.

But somehow I am repelled by this guy, mostly because of the strange people he surrounded himself with, and then he wrote that weird esoteric book too?
I would suggest that you guys share information like it was the last day on Earth.  This information slowdown is all because of all that dumb unwillingness to share.  That is where the DEA is winning.  There goal is you not talking to each other.  Let the information flow.  I  promise we will always be 2 steps ahead of DEA chemists if we just keep sharing information

Offline spice

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
  • Investigate it
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 01:04:31 PM »
Oh no doubt about that, I was just speaking in general.

I will say from experience here in the states, that it is exceptionally hard in the drug trade to surround yourself with quality people. In 25 years of activity, I never met any.

In my 25 years of activity, I have actually never met any people that were worth keeping in contact with. The very best people that I ever found myself around, were the people that I was around before I got involved in chemistry. They are all dead, gone moved away, or otherwise no longer around. I've got to say, they have entirely killed the scene down here, and what is left is despicable.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 01:06:17 PM by spice »

Offline chemsail

• Pupae
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2020, 01:29:44 PM »
Imagine the stories that guy could tell...

Offline partycat

• Larvae
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2020, 02:05:32 AM »
Is his book worth reading?  or is it just new age mysticism? 

Offline hamsterbob

• Subordinate Wasp
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2020, 04:51:03 AM »
Yeah its good for him.

But somehow I am repelled by this guy, mostly because of the strange people he surrounded himself with, and then he wrote that weird esoteric book too?

Wonder if Ed Peden will give him back his silo..

Offline foroz

• Subordinate Wasp
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2020, 11:22:27 AM »
Yeah its good for him.

ye ive been listening to it on archive.org

you got that one down for sure carl weird and very esoteric.

I find it amazing that the man who made the most ego destroying compound on the planet could write a book that makes out
that he has some kind of special power or connection.

truly egotistical.

and how is it one of the six chemists spills 10,000 hits on himself in a solvent that is meant to accelerate uptake through the skin and then
tells everyone that he was sober through it.

haven't finished listening to it but I don't need any more airy fairy shit in my head its wacked out enough.
bullshit if you ask me.

way to much god this jesus that too.

seriously though why can't some one go black with this shit and do a satanic cult that eats peoples souls while every one is tripping.

kind of like indiana jones and the temple of doom style.

everyone is just not that creative with there peace and mung beans shit.

read one trippers book and you have read them all (with exception of the one that counts my love child)

I guess thats what comes from sticking fluorescent paint in your head
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 11:31:39 AM by foroz »

Offline spice

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
  • Investigate it
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2020, 12:10:46 PM »
"Seriously though why can't some one go black with this shit and do a satanic cult that eats peoples souls while every one is tripping"

This is what they said Charles Manson did.

Offline foroz

• Subordinate Wasp
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2020, 01:13:00 PM »
and they still worship him and always will hehe

Offline TangerineDream

• Welfare Trash
  • Dominant Wasp
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2020, 01:39:03 PM »
I thought he was given something like 2 life sentences? I know I've been assuming that to be the case for SOME LSD chemist for a while now.
It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it.

Offline spice

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
  • Investigate it
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2020, 02:44:42 PM »
He was granted compassionate release

Offline FOXO3expression+

• Larvae
  • https://youtu.be/Iz508AYnCew
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2020, 03:54:54 PM »
I'm really glad to hear this. In regards to partycat's question though, I think The Rose of Paracelsus is a pretty bad book, very baroque and filled with meaningless allusions, or I guess allusions that amount to meaning, "look I'm actually an intellectual", along with very wordy descriptions of highs as "vast and uncommunicable"  ::)
The overall message of the book seems to be that the production of LSD is a mystical process that only a select few enlightened individuals are allowed (by metaphysical forces) to engage in. I think he wrote it more for the DEA's sake than my own. I found it pretty uninspiring, at least.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 11:50:17 PM by FOXO3expression+ »

Offline carl

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2020, 04:04:52 PM »
The only good, yet somewhat esoteric, book about psychedelic experiences is, in my opinion, psychedelic shamanism by Jim DeKorne.
I would suggest that you guys share information like it was the last day on Earth.  This information slowdown is all because of all that dumb unwillingness to share.  That is where the DEA is winning.  There goal is you not talking to each other.  Let the information flow.  I  promise we will always be 2 steps ahead of DEA chemists if we just keep sharing information

Offline loft

• Founding Wasp
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2020, 10:20:08 AM »
and how is it one of the six chemists spills 10,000 hits on himself in a solvent that is meant to accelerate uptake through the skin and then
tells everyone that he was sober through it.

I have talked to a serious chemist who legally produces psychoactive lysergamides. He also spilled final products, including LSD, on his skin and had felt no effects from that. He seriously doubted that Hofmanns first contact resulted from a spilling accident.
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; the dosage alone makes it so a thing is not a poison." - Paracelsus

Offline foroz

• Subordinate Wasp
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2020, 10:43:45 AM »
ye thats what I thought to but they state a solvent that would increase uptake through skin.

but that must be the answer.

Offline blade_runner

• Dominant Wasp
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2020, 11:48:47 AM »
ye thats what I thought to but they state a solvent that would increase uptake through skin.

but that must be the answer.

DMSO. But the story is probably an urban legend.

Offline foroz

• Subordinate Wasp
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2020, 03:30:25 PM »
again what do they want with DMSO with an acid synth ?

it does sound like an urban legend.

Offline xdragon

• Dominant Wasp
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2020, 05:10:40 PM »
hxxps://www.erowid.org/general/conferences/conference_mindstates4_nichols.shtml

From David Nichols:
Another fact: I've made LSD in my lab on many occasions for research purposes, possibly in not so meticulous a manner as Albert Hofmann. Nothing ever happened. I had several graduate students who made LSD as an intermediate for projects. No accidental ingestion of LSD ever occurred. A technician in my lab makes it routinely because we use it as a drug to train our rats. He's learned by experience that he never gets high, nothing ever happens. And yesterday I was talking to Nick Sand, and Nick said, "I made a solution of LSD in DMSO…" -- DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide) is a chemical that greatly enhances absorption of other chemicals through the skin -- he says, "…I painted it on my skin. Nothing happened." A concentrated solution and nothing happened! How did this very meticulous Swiss chemist get the LSD into his body? I don't know.

I myself do not really care whether this is true or not, but I give it some credibility. Maybe 60 %. I wouldn't want to try regardless. Interestingly enough, I heard about a DiPT synthesis in DMSO where the person did experience effects. So if anyone is working with tryptamines, be careful - likewise probably for some potent phenethylamines.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 05:12:57 PM by xdragon »
"I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death."

Offline carl

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2020, 05:19:52 PM »
I believe that accident was never an accident.
He only claimed it to be afterwards.
But how would he have known? He certainly didn't tasted any of the other analogues from that series.