Author Topic: Anybody have this reference to c.paspali culturing  (Read 6966 times)

Rhodium

How to use the MedLine tag
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2003, 11:57:00 AM »

Post 340100 (missing)

(Lilienthal: "New [medline] markup tag", The Server Room)

The proper PMID can be found in any single Medline record, and may be listed like PMID: 1367573 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

It can also be deduced from the URL of any PubMed page: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=1367573&dopt=Abstract

Rhodium

Ergot references (retrieved by lugh)
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2003, 01:14:00 PM »
As mentioned in

Post 465128

(Rhodium: "Abstract to one of the above articles", Tryptamine Chemistry)

Long-Term Production of Ergot Peptides by Immobilized Claviceps purpurea in Semicontinous and Continous Culture
W. Dierkes, M. Lohmeyer, H-J. Rehm

Applied and Environmental Microbiology 59(7), 2029-2033 (1993)

(https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/djvu/dierkes.djvu)
____ ___ __ _

As mentioned in

Post 464853

(Bubbleplate: "I Hear You About The Chloroform Emulsions", Tryptamine Chemistry)
:

End-Product Regulation of Ergot Alkaloid Formation in Intact Cell and Protoplasts of Claviceps Species. Strain SD 58.
L-J. Cheng, J. E. Roberts, H. G. Floss

Journal of Natural Products 43(3), 329-339 (1980)

(https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/djvu/cheng.djvu)

Synthesis of Ergot Alkaloids by Protoplasts of Claviceps Species
James E. Robbers, et. al.

Journal of Natural Products 42(5), 537-539 (1979)

(https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/djvu/robbers.djvu)

sYnThOmAtIc

WoooW!
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2003, 12:46:00 AM »
Damn I thought this thread was dead after the three months it took me to get back to it!

Yeah And I hear you on that sterility!!! Of course serial dilution and propogation of diluted suspension of cells can lead to the isolation of sterile cells but take alot of time and resources. Sterile air supply is not hard. Lab supply stores sell hepa-cap inline hepa filters .3 micron. They even sell .1&.2 micron hydrophobic inline filtes for resonable price. Though sterility is easier to maintain than to achieve. Once you get a good clean room and glovebox and proper equipment it is no problem again. And a small cleanroom can be build in your home rather cheap. The most expensive part of course is the the ULPA filter/fan modular ceiling assembly. 5' deep x 8' long x 8' high clean room can be built for under two hundread bucks and will allow for two  gloveboxes with bidirectional airlock, under cabinet area can be used for holding large 10gal drums for culturing, above cabinets can be used for small fridge/freezer for stock cells storage and incubator, Enough room for over 200liters of buckets 200lites for a neatly spaced divided sections. Plus ten liters per box with enough room to do innoculations and cloning and such.

But sterility has never been an issue of late, and if it were compromised there are ways to get is back. I should suggest a book "the preservation of living fungi" lots of useful info on how to keep parent stocks of vigorous strains and maintain them and recover them when contaminated. The biggest problem I have have notices with the isolation of cells from contaminated culture mediums is their dramaticly lower yield of products. Not sure what is happening here maybe jsut aging of the cells through all the subculturing and shit required to isolate clean cells. Production drops well over a third. I'm positive they are clean, just old I guess. Or maybe parasitized by some kind of bacteria that isn't seen to be growing in colonies other than the mycelium? But more likely to be just the ammont of cellular growth during the process just like every other mycelium I've seen grown.

Thanks so much for the reference earlier here bubbelplate!

And LUGH haha, Documente huntore.  I wish I had access to even the simplest sources of information.. I guess it's time to move again ehh??

I'm glad to see this thread sprung to life again somewhat. I had hoped that there was some interest in this subject...

By the way anybody know where to find information on all these referenced "mutation by known methods". I'm sure I could devise soething but would like more detailed information on how this is carried out and stuff like that.

It would be nice to be liberated from the cell banks if something should happen to the parent stock. 

And Thanks again very much, two mods for the iput..and bubbleplate.. Now to find a country that has scientific journal access and legal ergot culturing law.

sYnThOmAtIc

Ahhh
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2003, 01:52:00 AM »