Author Topic: Boil DMT extraction down?  (Read 3636 times)

Urupeh

Boil DMT extraction down?
« on: December 08, 2003, 06:54:00 PM »
In first place excuse swim horrible english spealing...swim is worried about boiling down a acid extraction (HCl-pH=1)made of a large amount of Mimosa hostilis (jurema preta) bark, this process of reduction dont harm the precious alcaloids? How about the yeilds of boiling it down or liofilizing the acid solution? The reduction of the amount of solution is necessary to wash the extract whith litle portions of nonpolars, basify and then extract the alcaloids with litle portions of nonpolars(hard to get in my country), and because the poor quanties of the alcaloid in the bark and the amount of material.

Lilienthal

multiple extractions better
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2003, 07:14:00 PM »
It would be way easier to extract multiple portions of aqueous phase than to boil it down. Freeze-drying seems to be out of question for you because you need a high vacuum and a special apparatus for it.

I don't know where you are from, but I highly doubt that solvents like toluene or xylene are difficult  to buy... Go to drugstore or a hardware store.

lugh

Freeze Drying
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2003, 03:02:00 PM »

Post 475833

(lugh: "Simply Constructed Freeze Drying Apparatus", Chemicals & Equipment)

;)

gilgamesh

traditional preparation of yage brew
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2003, 03:28:00 PM »
but in the traditional preparation of ayahuasca, they boil the plant matter for a long time, in order to reduce the liquid to small volume, so i doubt that boiling the solution for long time could destroy the spice.

maybe boiling down could cause the precipitation of tannins, which can form
some water insoluble gunk that capture some parts of alcaloids... but i'm guessing.

and just for washing the extract you could use odourless turpentine, that wouldn't be difficult to obtain wherever you live, (always guessing)

...oh, i forgot, this is my first post here  :-[ , i'd like to just say hello to all nice buzzing bees out there

psyx7

boiling down
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2004, 05:46:00 PM »
In the traditional preparation of ayahuasca they do not add HCl to pH1 though.