Author Topic: N,N-dipropyltryptamine to N,N-dimethyltryptamine?  (Read 3279 times)

svacheme

N,N-dipropyltryptamine to N,N-dimethyltryptamine?
« on: February 18, 2004, 12:18:00 PM »
Since DPT is easily available legally, it would be very useful to convert this into its cousin DMT; and it seems like the method of accomplishing this ought not to be too difficult, so I was surprised by being unable to find any dreams of this being done. Is there indeed an efficient way to accomplish this, or is one of the syntheses from tryptamine/tryptophan the easiest way to achieve DMT?

Rhodium

Didepropylation-Dimethylation
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 01:06:00 PM »
and it seems like the method of accomplishing this ought not to be too difficult

On what facts do you base this assumption? Which reaction sequence did you have in mind?

Is there indeed an efficient way to accomplish this, or is one of the syntheses from tryptamine/tryptophan the easiest way to achieve DMT?

Yes, the latter well-documented route is most definitely the easiest one.

Nicodem

Don't waste on DPT
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2004, 01:07:00 PM »
Is there indeed an efficient way to accomplish this

If you realy meant "efficent" then the answer is no.

svacheme

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2004, 01:53:00 PM »
Which reaction sequence did you have in mind?
I thought it might be accomplished through didealkylation, though I was not familiar enough with the details of this reaction to assess whether it would be an effective approach, so thanks for the response  :)

flipper

Re: Is there indeed an efficient way to ...
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2004, 02:47:00 PM »

Is there indeed an efficient way to accomplish this, or is one of the syntheses from tryptamine/tryptophan the easiest way to achieve DMT?

Yes, the latter well-documented route is most definitely the easiest one.

DMT from Tryptophol

(https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/tryptophol.html)

This seems way more easier. Or am I wrong??  ::)  

Great document by the way. Thanks Rhodium.