Author Topic: Freebase  (Read 5248 times)

Ballistic

Freebase
« on: April 16, 2001, 11:22:00 PM »
I was just wondering if anyone knew a good method for freebasing Cocaine. Can one use the same method as freebasing Meth or does a different method need to be used.
Any help would be much appreciated.

"I feel the need,,,,the need for speed"

b159510

Re: Freebase
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2001, 11:28:00 PM »
The main difference would be the product. One is a solid, and one is not.

goiterjoe

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2001, 11:36:00 PM »
I've heard that Sodium Hydroxide is too strong for cocaine freebasing and will rip the molecule apart.  household non-sudsy ammonia works wonders though.

If pacman influenced us, we'd glide around dark rooms eating pills and listen to repetitive music.

b159510

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2001, 11:38:00 PM »
how about baking soda

Mystic

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2001, 02:05:00 AM »
Disolve coke hcl in distilled water. filter out anything that doesnt immediatly disolve.  dump in some non-sudsy, clear ammonia.  coke freebase will precipitate out.  filter, dry, smoke.

It's all relative my dear Watson...

Ballistic

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2001, 02:24:00 AM »
Thanks everyone. So are we talking about the ammonia that you can buy at the store for cleaning? And if so do I want the super concentrated type.

And just one more thing for intertainment value. What if one would want to turn the clean freebase back to hcl again. How would that bee accomplished. 

Mystic

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2001, 02:32:00 AM »
yeah the household cleaner shit.  Make sure it doesnt have any cleaning agents in it.  the ingredients should list something like 25% ammonium hydroxide solution, and inert salts.  that should be it.
i guess to turn it back to hcl you could disolve in anhydrous toluene, gas it and then wash with cold, dry acetone.

Ballistic

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2001, 02:48:00 AM »
Thanks Mystic you've been a great help. Sounds pretty easy. I wonder how Richard Prior was doing it when he blew himself up? He was using ether though. So if I added the toluene to the ammonia water solution, would the freebase precipitate into the NP just like an A/B with Meth? Turning it back into Hcl sounds like just the same procedure once you have extracted it.

Mystic

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2001, 04:45:00 AM »
yeah that should work... keep in mind i'm theorising though, i've never tried it.  its jsut an a/b with ammonia instead of NaOH.

goiterjoe

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2001, 05:04:00 AM »
to reclaim the salt, just add muriatic acid to the freebase, no solvent needed.  Richard Prior turned his head into a human torch doing the non getto method of freebasing with ammonia.  after dissolving the coke in ammonia, add ether to the mix and shake.  the freebase will dissolve in the ether, and you can pour off the ammonia.  the ether will evaporate really quickly, and the freebase will be really pure.  you can use baking soda to make crack, but I never got a good rush off of it like freebase.  dealers like crack because the baking soda adds weight to the rock.  add 1 part baking soda to 7 parts coke, dissolve in water in a big metal spoon, then heat with a lighter until the water boils off. A big chunk that looks like soap will form on the bottom upon heating.  upon heating the mixture, a "crackling" sound will be made by the baking soda converting into sodium carbonate, hence the name crack cocaine.

If pacman influenced us, we'd glide around dark rooms eating pills and listen to repetitive music.

terbium

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2001, 06:15:00 AM »
Lab grade ammonia water is 28%. I believe household ammonia water is more like 10% though the bottle I am looking at doesn't give a percentage; just says "Pure Ammonia". As Mystic said, the houshold grade stuff works fine, look for clear, non-sudsy, pure ammonia in your household cleaning section.

You can make beautiful, large, snowflake crystals of cocaine hydrochloride with acetone, methanol and conc. hydrochloric acid. I believe that I have posted the procedure here, I will use the search engine to see if I can find it. The procedure is from a book  Cocaine Handbook; An Essential Reference by David Lee, publ And/Or Press, 1981. Unfortunately this book is probably out of print - it has some great photos of "snowstorms" in beakers of acetone.

Back in the 70's and early 80's, before crack, people would prepare their own cocaine freebase for smoking using ammonia water and extracting the freebase with low boiling point petroleum ether. In some neighborhoods in So. Cal. you could buy kits in liquor stores containing a vial (for dissolving the cocaine HCl in water and performing the conversion), a medicine dropper and a small bottle each of ammonia water and petroleum ether. It was petroleum ether with which Richard Prior caught himself on fire.

The procedure was to dissolve the cocaine HCl in water in the vial and add the ammonia water. The cocaine freebase would float to the top, usually as an oil at first. As an aid to getting all the freebase out a little pet. ether would be added and the vial capped and inverted a few times. The eyedropper was then used to remove the freebase dissolved in the pet. ether and this placed on a plate so the pet. ether could evaporate. As the pet. ether evaporated and with a little scraping, the freebase would solidify and could be scraped up with a razor blade.

terbium

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2001, 06:31:00 AM »
Well, I give a little more info about crystallizing cocaine hydrochloride from acetone in

Post 60381 (missing)

(terbium: "Re: How to purify the evil cocaine", General Discourse)
. When I get my scanner working I will try to post some pics and procedures from the book I mentioned.

As a historical note: I first saw crack mentioned sometime in the early 80's in the magazine High Times which mentioned a new unknown drug called "crack of doom". Freebase coke had been popular for some time but crack was a new item.

goiterjoe

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2001, 11:34:00 PM »
household ammonia is 3%.  Wonder why crack got such a bad name while freebase didn't?  Crack never did shit for me(neither did coke), but freebase did give me a pleasant rush, although extremely shortlived.  I would imagine people that do get strong effects from cocaine products would get the most out of freebase, as it burns faster and is pure.  guess crack just got the bad reputation for being the ghetto minority drug of choice.

baalchemist

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2001, 03:44:00 AM »
You can make freebase with baking soda also, do it in a testtube and dont boil off the H2O. Just heat it til the coke turns to an oil and floats on top, add a little cold water amd let cool down. The oil layer will solidify shortly forming a solid chunk(s). This will contain no baking soda like crack does, it stays with the H2O. Any crystal clear ammonia product works also, 3% is fine.

Nuniabiz

older thread but ...
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2002, 11:30:00 PM »
I used the baking soda routine but the quantities wouldnt fit in a vial so we used a baby food jar and add a little less than equal amount of Bsoda to cocaine and added some warm water to disolve in the baby food jar. this would then be capped and swirled in a hot water bath until it turned to oil   after the cocaine "broke" into an oil cold water was added and bottle swirled to aid in forming of the nug after its cooled pick up the clump of freebase and enjoy in very small quanities.. the problem is when I was taught this process none of the measurments were near exating it was just "nearly half" and "add a little water" and so on. the yeild was good but I was wondering about a better way of rocking the base if anyone happens to have one running through the top of their head it would bee greatly apreciated
stay safe
Nunia

Nuniabiz

swin looked ^^up^^
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2002, 12:57:00 PM »
Doesn't get much easier'n that does it???
stay safe
Nunia