Author Topic: Amphetamine or Precursors --> DOX Goodies!  (Read 2361 times)

PrimoPyro

Amphetamine or Precursors --> DOX Goodies!
« on: March 01, 2002, 05:53:00 AM »
What's the main thing that makes making 2,5-DiMeO-amphetamines' chemistry different from that of other amphetamines? Precursors! You always have to start from scratch and construct your precursors from either very basic molecules, or hard to get molecules. What if you could take the more common molecules that are used to make amphetamine/methamphetamine, and use them at almost any stage, to "tack on" the 2,5-DiMeO structure with high selectivity? Well that would be pretty fucking cool! As far as I know, you could even use amphetamine, and change it into DOB.

Does everyone remember this paper for making quinones?

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/quinones.html

Now this would be really cool to do what I had already thought of awhile back, to take toluene, make 2,5-DiMeO-toluene, chlorinate, and then P2P-ate, and reductively aminate, and then brominate, but let's take a different approach this time.

What about.....
Taking any of the various stages of P2P manufacture, and performing the para-nitration, aluminum oxidation, and the methylation?

bromobenzene, benzyl chloride, P2P, even aphetamine itself! could all be para nitrated, oxidized with aluminum to the 2,5-dihydroxy, and then methylated, to achieve the corresponding 2,5-DimeO compound.

Right now, I'm remebering a certain awesome onepot Grignard reduction, of benzyl chloride and acetonitrile with sodium borohydride, that yields amphetamine.

Protect the amphetamine as its phthalimide, then para-nitrate the benzene ring, oxidize with aluminum, and methylate. Then Brominate the 4-position, deprotect the amine, and gas, to turn shitty amphetamine into fucking awesome DOB, potency ~2mg.

Or do it with P2P, and then reductively aminate with hydroxylamine. No protection is necessary if working with carbonyls. Why hasn't this been discussed before?

What do you think?

8) PrimoPyro 8)

The Water Will Be Your Only Mirror

PrimoPyro

Re: Amphetamine or Precursors --> DOX Goodies!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2002, 05:09:00 PM »
Correction: The reaction of the para-nitro group with aluminum and acid, to form the dihydroxy structure, is a reduction, not an oxidation.

My bad.

PrimoPyro

The Water Will Be Your Only Mirror

Rhodium

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2002, 07:07:00 PM »
Could somebody tell us about the mechanism for this reaction between alkylnitrobenzenes? Would 4-trifluoromethylnitrobenzene work in the above example?

Lem2

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2002, 09:58:00 PM »
heh, how about, decarboxylate phenylalanine to phenethylamine, protect the amine, p-nitrate, methylate, unprotect, brominate? 2C-B!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Rhodium

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2002, 10:28:00 PM »
The latter won't work. After you have your N-protected 4-nitro-phenetylamine, how could you possibly force two methoxy groups onto the 2 and 5-position?

The 4-nitro group can be converted into a bromine in the end though (by reducing it to the amine, diazotizing and adding CuBr).

Lem2

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2002, 10:34:00 PM »
lol, in the heat of the moment I left out the oxidise p-nitro to 2,5di-hydroxy step. kinda funny, considering that is what this thread is about!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.