Site > News

LSD Chemist William Leonard Pickard to be Released From Prison

<< < (8/10) > >>

carl:

--- Quote from: redred on September 07, 2020, 09:52:13 PM ---Pickard is a black hole.

--- End quote ---

My impression as well.
Looked like a fed honeypot from the start, if I would've been there I could tell immediately.

Lipbalm:

--- Quote from: vanillaice on September 04, 2020, 11:34:46 AM ---From dosing tabs with crystal it is very easy for a little draft to pick a piece of xtal up and land on you doesn't take much to trip to be honest

--- End quote ---

Dr Nichols graduate students have said they have dipped their entire hands in LSD with no affects. The reports of dermal permeability seem to be all over the place. Maybe it is the difference between base and salt? I dunno, but I hear everyone in the drug community speak with the assumption, along with reports, that LSD is absorbed through skin and then I read LSD researchers and manufacturers say it isn't. My gut is they are both telling the truth somehow.

hamsterbob:
I saw a report one of a dude spill 6000 trips of liquid on his hand no effects an the other of this dumb dude chasing his mate around his house with flakes on his finger after a spillage an he didnt get high.

Jughasvili:
Just read up on Pickard and also Nicholas Sands, and was struck by their totally different punishments for essentially the same crime. Pickard gets a double life sentence (out in 20 yrs but only bc of the pandemic) for LSD manufacturing, while Sands gets 14 yrs and is out in 3! And it was his third or fourth time getting caught and had fled on bail to another country! Anyone have ideas why Sands got such a comparative slap on the wrist?

jacolives:
Take this for a grain of salt, but in EVERY OTHER case that I have been around regarding the federal court system the ONLY WAY you can even be ELIGIBLE for a downward departure from the sentencing guidelines is through telling on other people.  Fleeing from US courts doesn’t really have any bearing on the case you are fleeing from though in some circumstances it could be a new charge.  This is all in reference to the FEDERAL court system.  If he was prosecutes by the state it would depend entirely on that states laws.  California for example does have parole, early release programs etc.  A look at his one time partner Tim Scully could be informative.  He was apparently resentenced and then released.  This can happen for snitches, or it could happen due to changes in sentencing guidelines being retroactively applied after the person in question takes the feds to court.

I don’t know their individual cases, didn’t know them or personally, and really that whole west coast crowd is far from my circle so I couldn’t speculate beyond any of that.  But of the dozens of people I’ve known personally that got indicted, the ones that got downward departures ALL told.  The rest did 85% of their time inside, then were released to a federal halfway house for 6 months then put on federal parole/probation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version