Site > News

Almost thought we died there.

<< < (3/4) > >>

xdragon:
Yes, I sent Vesp a PM about this, so far no response unfortunately. I for my part have backed up my posts, as well as a few threads of my interest. If someone with the knowledge could provide a most recent backup of the whole site, that could be very important. I'm getting a sour feeling about the downtimes lately. In case this goes down, regroup at HL or SCM...

ego:
What is SCM?

java:
.....actually its SM=ScienceMadness.....the forum next door.......java

spice:
When a forum has nearly 15,000 members I don't know if this recruit more all the time mentality is actually what is needed. As someone mentioned recently, the era of the drug chemistry forum has obviously peaked and is on the decline at this point. From what I can tell the overall quality of contributions has declined. Whether this is because of the general mentality prevalent these days or simply the mindset that it's all been done and why bother I don't know.
But the cold hard reality is that we have placed much of the knowledge of the entire human race at our fingertips, and looking around, I don't see that it is made the average person much smarter. In fact, quite the opposite.
There are only a handful of people here that are actually discussing anything interesting at all. The rest of it is speculation and reddit newbies.
I'm sure that this will be a very unpopular opinion, but it's mine and I own it.

jacolives:

--- Quote from: spice on November 09, 2022, 02:35:02 PM ---When a forum has nearly 15,000 members I don't know if this recruit more all the time mentality is actually what is needed. As someone mentioned recently, the era of the drug chemistry forum has obviously peaked and is on the decline at this point. From what I can tell the overall quality of contributions has declined. Whether this is because of the general mentality prevalent these days or simply the mindset that it's all been done and why bother I don't know.
But the cold hard reality is that we have placed much of the knowledge of the entire human race at our fingertips, and looking around, I don't see that it is made the average person much smarter. In fact, quite the opposite.
There are only a handful of people here that are actually discussing anything interesting at all. The rest of it is speculation and reddit newbies.
I'm sure that this will be a very unpopular opinion, but it's mine and I own it.

--- End quote ---

I think I’d have to agree with this.  The low hanging fruit was gone a long time ago.  I myself have been quite busy but discussing mostly with people in other places.  Will have some exciting (novel) results to share soon - if we are all still here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version