Author Topic: H2O fucked my trap - help please  (Read 2791 times)

superman

H2O fucked my trap - help please
« on: July 10, 2004, 07:46:00 AM »
So i've fucked up the tetra trap.   how embarassing....   somehow i misread a note and added 6mL of water to a 96x60mg batch of pills.    nothing precipitated from the naptha.

i'm 99% sure this is the H2O fucking me up the ass again (like in my failed RXN 2 days ago).

i've seen the BP of tetra listed as 120c.   could i simply flood the flask with tetra and then boil the shit out of it?

abominator

Don't boil tetra, it releases ...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2004, 04:41:00 PM »
Don't boil tetra, it releases posinous gas.  It is very carcinogenic and absorbs readily in body tissue.

Even when just using tetra wear gloves and have lots of ventilation.

superman

point taken, now could i simply flood the...
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2004, 09:28:00 PM »
point taken,   now could i simply flood the flask with tetra and then boil the shit out of it outside with lots of ventilation?

abominator

Probably wouldn't help
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2004, 12:11:00 AM »
Yeah, you could do that, but it probably wouldn't help. If that was the case many bees would be boiling tetra. Swim's guess is that your goodz are still in the PM.  Add more base?  I don't think a bit more dh20 would hurt either.

1 box of  96 30mg “red hots” would be about 2.5- 3 tablespoons

This is from the original ahgreich TT write-UP.  I don't think you used enought dh2o, bro.

superman

i think you missed what i was saying.
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2004, 02:15:00 AM »
i think you missed what i was saying.   i'm asking if i could boil the PM with plenty of tetra in order to get rid of some of the extra H2O.   but upon typing this message i realize that i'd be distilling away the pseudo freebase.     suppose i'll just have to add a few more boxes of pseudo to the mix to use up the water or simply scrap it and start again

abominator

Whatever you do don't scrap it now
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2004, 04:08:00 AM »
Add more boxes, base the PM again, but don't throw it away.

thunderfvck

Ummm...I could be wrong on this, but maybe...
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2004, 09:45:00 AM »
Ummm...I could be wrong on this, but maybe your problem is not enough water? For 150x60 mg pills I used about 12 ml's, and this worked very well. It could have been 100 pills though but I don't think it was..So for 96, 6 ml's just doesn't sound like a whole lot.

Did you follow the procedure exactly as it was? You used Na2CO3, right? Naptha? Heat? Stirring, etc...????

Scottydog

Water ratio in tetra trap
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2004, 10:45:00 AM »
Swim uses around 7-9 tablespoons of dh20 for every 15 boxes of generic 20ct 120 mg pills. 6-8 tablespoons work great for 15-48ct 60's.

If you add too much water on the 1st pull it will fuck up the extraction as well.

Always use a little less water at first to see what you get after the 1st gassing. If the pill mass/tetra/dh20/carbonate mix starts to stick to the sides of the vessel, then (IMHO)  too much water was added. It works as an excellent indicator.

Like Gluecifur says, if too much water is added, it is not over. Add more carbonate to dry it out some or rather to absorb excess water.

Swim has never had a bad yield from adding too much base.

Is it really even possible to add too much carbonate?

1 full can of tetra for every 15 boxes.

Naptha sucks, use Xylene!!!

1000th post! I guess this means that I finally get to see naked female task force agents?  ;)

superman

thanks a million guys, i never thought to dry...
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2004, 04:20:00 PM »
thanks a million guys,   i never thought to dry it out with more carbonate!!!

xylene eh?    i guess i'll have to give it a try.  

thx again!!

ahgreich

microwave hint, boiling tetra, and avoiding xylene
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2004, 10:14:00 PM »
before adding the h2o and whatever top solvent you choose, put your beaker containing carbonate, pill mass, and tetra inside of a 1 gallon zip-loc bag. place in microwave, boil it for 2 minutes.
vent the bag outside.
drain off excess tetra if there is any.
proceed with addition of dh20 and top solvent.
return to the bag, microwave for a minute for each pull, each time, vent the bag outside.
xylene is foul, evaporates reluctantly, and is best avoided unless you have no alternative.
Toluene is OK, but is fumy.
Naptha is good for avoiding a solvent evaporation, although it's a bit more work to fully dry the crystals once they precipitate out of it in the freezer.

clandestine

treat it right
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2004, 09:21:00 AM »
Swim does his traps in the flask with the balloon on it to avoid smell and unhealthy shit..  treat it like a good ole rp/i2 rxn...  keep the vapors trapped inside.

Swim has to say using vm&p naptha works great...  swim has no problems just squeezing the shit outta the FB crystals in a coffee filter after the chill... speeds up waiting for it to dry...  might cause a little loss...  swim dont care.. in his case time is worth more than a gram.

he never had a failed rxn and no gaks...   dont see any problem with boiling tetra as long as its contained...  shit stinks like hell anyways..  so its all good

just use lots of naptha...   and stir it around REALLY good when its up to boiling to get all the FB mixed up....  fine filtering with cotton ball is nessicary for some pill formulas to stop a cloudy slimy gak that comes over in small quantities.... the gak dries to a white powder and is easily recognized...  hence..  ever since swim incorporated fine filtering the juice..  no white gak..  the cotton ball is really slimey as hell when squeezed on the side where it was filtered from when that gak is present.... that gak is bad in those generic 120's so fine filtering is a must.

the trap is about the best thing since sliced pizza...  swim has never added too much dh20...maybe too little if anything and reguardless of how much dh20 was added...  always got good FB in return.

just skimp ass on the dh20 and you cant go wrong if your using VM&P NAPTHA...  its a shitty NP and hardly holds the FB to begin with much less gacks and its easy to collect the crystals...

SO... whats next? ;)