Author Topic: Sci-Hub Reopened  (Read 753917 times)

Offline BoomBam

• Pupae
Sci-Hub Reopened
« on: May 08, 2018, 09:39:07 AM »
Sci-hub.tw enjoy  ;D
- Find Scientific Papers you need here - Sci-hub.tw
 Don't forget to Donate if you can they need help to continue this indispensable work.

Offline loft

• Founding Wasp
Re: Sci-Hub Reopened
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 07:58:24 PM »
sci-hub.hk never stopped working  ???
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; the dosage alone makes it so a thing is not a poison." - Paracelsus

Offline overunity33

• Dominant Wasp
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 08:58:45 PM »
sci-hub mirrors tend to pop in and out of existence, sci-hub.tw was pretty stable until last month or two, .hk is usually good too.

Offline Tsathoggua

• Spaz Tech
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 09:01:27 AM »
.TW seemed to be working as of a  few days ago at least.

As for popping in and out of existence,well the creatrix of the site more or less gave the court the middle finger, which is of course good, and as far as the domain takedowns,  she's pretty much forced Elsevier and their fellow  extortionist cock-ends into  an everlasting game of whac-a-mole. All in all, really quite entertaining to see just  how badly the publishing houses are being infuriated and  how they are all getting sand up their twats :D
Nomen mihi Legio est, quia multi sumus

I'm hyperbolic, hypergolic, viral, chiral. So motherfucking twisted my laevo is on the right side.

Offline BoomBam

• Pupae
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 07:55:23 PM »
Ok i don't known that sci-hub.hk worked, i had problems for connecting to sci-hub since 6 month at least and on their twitter account they said .TW reopenened some days ago so i relay the infos.
 Don't forget to Donate if you can they need help to continue this indispensable work.

Offline overunity33

• Dominant Wasp
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 08:25:46 PM »
.TW seemed to be working as of a  few days ago at least.

As for popping in and out of existence,well the creatrix of the site more or less gave the court the middle finger, which is of course good, and as far as the domain takedowns,  she's pretty much forced Elsevier and their fellow  extortionist cock-ends into  an everlasting game of whac-a-mole. All in all, really quite entertaining to see just  how badly the publishing houses are being infuriated and  how they are all getting sand up their twats :D

Yeah I have such a crush on her, I think she was featured as a person of the year for scientific contribution.

Offline Tsathoggua

• Spaz Tech
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 11:37:39 PM »
Quite deserved. It beggars belief to bee  quite honest, that efforts to shut her down are or ever were being made, its high time that those pricks at Elsevier, Wiley etc. accept that she has gotten them firmly by the balls. Time for them to shut their  traps  and settle down to the fact that they are going to spend the rest of existence as eunuchs,

The contribution to science and the dissemination of knowledge she has made possible far outweigh anything the big publishing houses are whining about, let them keep dribbling snot out of their noses and crying about it, not as if they are anything but a bloodsucking pack of  parasites anyway. And besides, they are sponging so MUCH money off their victims that they can afford to suck it up.

If it weren't for sci-hub, then all of us non-institutionally-affiliated  chemists, physicists and biologists would be priced  out of most research  data published, and we'd all be stuck having to ask those in uni etc, and hope they could retrieve papers. And when one considers how MANY references might be needed for a given project, and references gleaned from the references  originally requested in the source material section, that could take ages.  Being able to simply plug in the DOI and  retrieve the papers as open access, is of incalculable value to the hobbyist and clandestine community.

WAY more important than some greedy parasite sponging off a few more scientists. Fucking pricks are overly rich already. And  its far more important that those otherwise priced out of access to information have open access.

I'm hyperbolic, hypergolic, viral, chiral. So motherfucking twisted my laevo is on the right side.

Offline BoomBam

• Pupae
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 06:40:09 AM »
Totally just she made the biggest place to find resources for scientist or amateur. a huge contribution to the dissemination of important information. All these greedy parasites, as you said, make money on the scientist and limit access to their work to people with enough money and when you see the exorbitant prices. Doing a project will be really expensive. And only professionals could afford it

Worse, if you just want to read an article out of curiosity or if you do not know if you really need it, you will have to pay a lot, but already if you could afford it

I just hope that SCI-HUB will continue for a long time, or that a better legal system will emerge, a system that takes into account the needs of users and authors before the financial needs of publishers

Offline carl

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
  • circular pastry filled with hazelnut crime
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2018, 02:41:02 PM »
Help!
I can't access ANY sci-hub?!?
But I NEED my references, fresh and crispy...  :'(
I would suggest that you guys share information like it was the last day on Earth.  This information slowdown is all because of all that dumb unwillingness to share.  That is where the DEA is winning.  There goal is you not talking to each other.  Let the information flow.  I  promise we will always be 2 steps ahead of DEA chemists if we just keep sharing information
Real bees just hear the buzzing and it doesn´t ever stop. Ever.

Offline loft

• Founding Wasp
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2018, 03:47:33 PM »
Do you bees know of sci-hub.app ? This landing page refers you to the current working page... btw sci-hub.tw works for me right now
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; the dosage alone makes it so a thing is not a poison." - Paracelsus

Offline Corrosive Joeseph

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2018, 09:18:40 PM »
Post 18 and the one below it...........     ;)

https://www.thevespiary.org/talk/index.php/topic,15617.msg54176168.html#msg54176168

/CJ

[EDIT] - Bollocks, I'v just tried all the links again and only http://sci-hub.tw is working       ???
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 09:24:05 PM by Corrosive Joeseph »
Being well adjusted to a sick society is no measure of one's mental health

Offline carl

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2018, 12:21:16 AM »
Works for me is it accessibl too now, but only sci-hub.tw, so either it was the fault of my VPN or possibly even sci-hub itself?
The last 1 1/2 days I couldn't reach them anywhere, on more than a dozen different addresses.
sci-hub.app does not work for me, tried that already.
I would suggest that you guys share information like it was the last day on Earth.  This information slowdown is all because of all that dumb unwillingness to share.  That is where the DEA is winning.  There goal is you not talking to each other.  Let the information flow.  I  promise we will always be 2 steps ahead of DEA chemists if we just keep sharing information

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2018, 11:24:27 PM »
I think it is sci-hub whack-a-mole again.......... Every link I have ever posted is down, including sci-hub.app

sci-hub.tw is the only working link I am aware of right now.........   

/CJ

Offline Tsathoggua

• Spaz Tech
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2018, 11:37:05 PM »
Its disgusting that this is still happening. They  need to accept that sci-hub is just not going to curl up and die. And that they  need to give up the whack-a-mole stupidity. At most, it results in sci-hub going down for a few days. Then it's back. This is getting to be as dumb as the WOD, what is the point in hitting a target that does not die?

IMO they need to use something like a .RU address, somewhere that won't kiss arse to DMCA takedown 'requests'. It makes a lot more sense than hosting in most countries, somewhere hostile to the west makes more sense.

Offline Impossible

• Founding Wasp
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2018, 11:47:06 AM »
Offtopic: A neat trick to easily access a sci-hub version of an article, add this to your bookmarks...

javascript:location.hostname += '.sci-hub.tw'

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2018, 12:08:41 AM »
sci-hub.mu is up and running............    ;)

/CJ

Offline carl

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2018, 04:08:07 PM »
Where is sci-hub...  :'(

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2018, 04:17:49 PM »

Offline carl

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2018, 04:25:33 PM »
Phew... finally!
It was gone for many hours today, and exactly in the moment I found a certain paper! :o

Offline spiritchaser

• Pupae
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2018, 08:27:56 PM »
Do your part and donate some money to sci-hub, it's here today but it could be gone tomorrow, it needs funding to stay up.