Author Topic: pure Benzaldehyde economical?  (Read 4350 times)

jemma_jamerson

pure Benzaldehyde economical?
« on: May 07, 2003, 10:32:00 PM »
regarding Benzaldehyde, the material is 100% natural and is quite expensive

Price for the stuff quoted is $550.00 per kg in minimum 1 kg lots.and was stated'  This would need to be considerably diluted in a food grade solvent (alcohol perhaps) to get to a usable level as an almond essence for cakes etc

swims has utfe, but cant work out if this is an economical price in austrlaian dollors?

for dreaming of l-pac

calcium

currency conversion
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2003, 07:57:00 AM »
$550 USD = $855.50 Australian

amalgum

That is quite expensive.
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2003, 08:06:00 AM »
That is quite expensive.  However, if your gonna use it for what I presume, depending on exact route taken I bet you will end up with way more than the cost.  It IS a kilogram.

raffike

Even 50$ would be too much for a litre.My...
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2003, 08:18:00 AM »
Even 50$ would be too much for a litre.My supplier wants 30$ for a litre of Aldrich reagent grade +99% benzaldehyde and 50$ for 2,5 litres of same stuff.

hellman

jemma
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2003, 04:06:00 PM »
Yes, it is aquirable locally for the same price as Sassafrass,.
In the same kind of stores, ...sometimes.. ;)

jemma_jamerson

hailz
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2003, 07:02:00 PM »
i have two sources in oz for sassy(armoa threapy shps0 so

ill check em out and report the data

here is the info another maniac sent me on the way it should work out for some one hyperthetically doing it towards l=pac

great dreams we have  :)

It's about 80% yield of benzaldehyde-->lpac, then 90%
lpac-->ephedrine and then you know what you get after that - so about 60% of the total weight of benzaldehyde, in other words around 600g of pure meth - what's that worth at wholesale rates - say about $500/g --
$300,000 bigtime

calcium, 550 is in ozy dollors sorry mate  :)

Aurelius

$500/gram?
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2003, 09:11:00 PM »
Where the hell are you selling that meth goes $500/gram?  That's insane.  $30-60US/g is average, $90-120/g max during the dry seasons.

Organikum

80% L-PAC from benzaldehyde?
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2003, 02:30:00 PM »
you are dreaming.
wake up.

Benzaldehyde is not so hard to make from toluene or benzylalcohol. For yields >40% you also need acetaldehyde, which is also easy (best way IMHO is the direct dehydrogenation of EtOH over copper in a tube furnace as no chromiumcompounds are needed, but thats a question of personal taste)

You are also talking of "oil of bitter almonds" all time what contents mainly benzaldehyde but is expensive. Industrial b-dehyde is asscheap but not everywhere to aquire without problems. I bet it will become even heavier controlled - learn now to make it by yourself, thats the only reasonable way to go.

jemma_jamerson

aur, thats wholesale(pure) and oz organk,...
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2003, 09:46:00 PM »
aur, thats wholesale(pure) and oz

organk, noted brother.

tranceport

$38
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2003, 01:23:00 AM »
a kilogram, american company. There sass was $89 kilo, so by those standards $38 may even be a bit high. you should defintely find it way cheaper else where...

abolt

Jemma
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2003, 05:51:00 PM »
If you try to buy "Pure Benzaldehyde" in Oz you will be taking a big risk.

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/law/illicitdrugcode.au.pdf

jemma_jamerson

indeed
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2003, 07:59:00 PM »
abolt i owe you personal training fees ;)

it confirms that it is a catagory 2 listing, the eud is only however required for non account costomers.

thats a funny document, it also lists all the conmpanies in australia that have the code in their business

muhar, there are some that sell stuff and dont.

edgy

you must be mistaken
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2003, 07:11:00 PM »
In oz pure chem supplied benzaldehyde is 65 aus dollars per 500ml. Its 35$ aus for 500ml of the food stuff elsewhere in aus. Our chem importers ship it here for 600 dollars australian per tonne. I don't know where you get your prices.

Dextrose

Benzaldehyde
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2003, 04:46:00 PM »

jemma_jamerson

apply your ass
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2003, 03:54:00 AM »

abolt

Jemma
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2003, 06:56:00 PM »
As far as I know Bitter Almonds are not grown in Oz

Buster_Hymen

He was probably referring to peaches or ...
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2003, 07:54:00 PM »
He was probably referring to peaches or apricots, but I'm not a mind reader...

(their pits also contain it)

jemma_jamerson

i was and what is uncomprehensable about a...
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2003, 08:41:00 PM »
i was and what is uncomprehensable about a cannery

freakin mods are begining to piss me off.(again)

Rhodium

j_j:
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2003, 06:36:00 AM »
What is "pips" you said you could get at a cannery, and how does it relate to benzaldehyde? I know that apricot kernels contain an amount of benzaldehyde, but is it really worthwhile starting with a rock-hard natural product with a low percentage of precursor, when there are so many better ways? If it actually was comprehensible, maybe your post would have been rated insignificant instead, as it did not contain any information that could be of actual value to anyone, you rather stated a useless fact.

I think you need to start express yourself a lot more clearly, and that goes for a whole lot of your posts. Remember that a large part of the Hive consist of people with english as a second (or maybe even third) language (myself included), so it is imperative that you write consise and clear posts in proper english, or a lot of people will not understand what you are saying.

jemma_jamerson

oh shit
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2003, 07:36:00 PM »
pips are seeds or kernels (in australian)

re -->>but is it really worthwhile starting with a rock-hard natural product with a low percentage of precursor

you could get alot of kernels from a cannery.  and make it with an oil presser.

a big factory goes through alot of kernels. just a thought

yup sorry for the un comprehensive stuff cheif.