Author Topic: beautiful  (Read 43937 times)

halfkast

I didn't suggest a procedural position because
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2003, 10:55:00 PM »
I didn't suggest a procedural position because that's the biggest consideration and I thought best left to the cleaner.

I'd go like this if I had the practical knowhow, tetra rinse to remove hydrogels specifically, cold water extract and evaporate, then straight in to his highness' (that'd bee you  :) ) procedure.
Only beecause the paracetamol will mess up the amount of base to use.

You can thank the talented Osmium for this but when you do it, boil the water and use a spatula to lift out any clear or shiney solutions floating on the surface.  :)

ahgreich

the emperor wears no clothes
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2003, 04:03:00 PM »
yet strangely, the people state that they are the finest silks!
SWATE has never messed with the tylacetamoledrin, will sit this round out.

nosefirst

Thanks ahgreich!!!!! You have made it so easy!
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2003, 08:48:00 PM »
Thanks ahgreich!!!!! You have made it so easy! Worked like magic first time. Diamonds forever.

ol8dbee

re: the length of time in the tetra
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2003, 09:49:00 PM »
ol8d was under the impression that leaving the pill mass in the tetra too long is not a good thing, gak will re-attach. Is there something about this method that prevents this from happening?  Does the naptha grab it first? Or what?
 Thanks for another new clean.
ol8dbee

ahgreich

re-attach?
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2003, 07:21:00 AM »
Not sure what you mean by that. swddae current assumption is that the gaks are first taken up by the tetra, and the 2nd NP on top will not pull the gak out of the tetra. the addition of the h20 and heat causes the pseudo to change phase and migrate to the upper NP.  Not sure if the gaks would fall out of the tetra over time or not - could be that upon cooling the solvent might not have as great a capacity. In a scenario in which one left 'the works' sitting for a couple of days (toluene on top of tetra soaked PM with h20 alread added) - application of heat for 4 or 5 minutes and decantation resulted in the same excellent results (with 240's and 120's).

wareami

Beaver Trapping
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2003, 03:59:00 PM »
>they likes their paracetamol in australia!!.....how is this proceedure likely to fare against said molecule??

If Ibee were to mess with the pain relieving cold formula pills, his method of choice for removing said side ingredients would include an A/B someware in the picture. This approach that algreich came UP with would seemingly be a good candidate for those pills as it's a novel approach utilizing that same principal. Plus it eliminates the extra time needed to bring it back to hcl form.
Ibee always steered clear of the possibilities utilizing basing primarily because the opposition targets pH to thwart extraction. But secondarily because he got so use to taking it back to hcl salt because of his inexperience with FB Pfed.
I think aunty might be pleasantly surprised if she were to put what's available(coldpills) to the test. Just a hunch!
Halfkast brings UP a good point concerning amounts.....pillmass vs so.carb.
Minor adjusting I'm sure...but be sure to account for the extra pillmass.

>ol8d was under the impression that leaving the pill mass in the tetra too long is not a good thing, gak will re-attach

That is correct when using tetra alone at room temp. 60-90 seconds max seems to be the limit before activity slows and the polys grab on pfed again. That same cleavage activity will occur if the initial filtration is too restrictive as the pillmass is exposed longer to the poly's as they settle down.
There is a noticible difference when using combo solvents such as japan drier and acetone with tetra in regards to wash times. Ibee finds that 3 minute washes don't hurt a bit using the combo but he observes the excelerated activity of the poly's in the pillmass while in solution. It's only when this activity slows that the difference becomes noticible in the end when allowed to sit too long.
Heat was always another factor that seemed to hurt yields when using tetra alone to wash pillmass. Ibee's fucked with sooooo much tetra over the years that his exposure level limits him from attempting such things as heating tetra on a regular basis unless adequate ventilation is in place.

But all in all, the fact that the pH of the pillmass is Basic and all this is taking place in the presence of toulene and tetra, it's no small wonder why this works so well.

Ibee always knew that a time would come when tetra would become a necessary part of successful extractions! That was a no-brainer to him because it's so effective at removing  the long list of polymers they keep adding to pills

Peace of the REaction
Have FUN-Bee SAFE

nosefirst

Trap Questiion...
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2003, 07:28:00 PM »
With 60mg Ephedrine Plus (Guaif,etc.) The trap yielded a nice powder, but no crystals. This a big improvement over what I've been able to get with this stuff so far. I've run the trap 6 times so far with the red hots and 12 hrs with the same excellent results every time. Any suggeations? I'd really like to crack this nut cause it's so easy to get this stuff over psuedo around here. Everybody seems to be so 'Psuedo conscious' in the stores. Sugestions please!

nosefirst

Trap Questiion...
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2003, 07:31:00 PM »
OH....almost forgot, What about re-cycling the vm&p? Seem to be going through a lot of it.

auntyjack

soda?
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2003, 10:30:00 AM »
ok, ahgreich says,"Combine approximately the same volume of sodium carbonate as unground pill volume...grab a handful of carbonate and toss an eyeballed estimate on top of the pills." then wareami has this to say,"Halfkast brings UP a good point concerning amounts.....pillmass vs so.carb.
Minor adjusting I'm sure...but be sure to account for the extra pillmass." i,m just wondering if i can get a rough figure of how much...20%,50%,100% more etc.(thats with 500 mg paracetamol,30 mg sudo)....oh yeah, thanks for the paracetamol answers...bloody excellent...will have reports on the tetra vs aussie sinus pills in a couple of weeks!....have fun!

wareami

Roughing it..
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2003, 11:32:00 AM »
auntyjack: With the "roughing it" estimation with the sod.carb, that Ibee completely overlooked til now, he recommends following the write-UP and not to add extra. Stay with aprox. equal volumes.
The extract "should" weed out the pararcet.
The water thingy always confused the Kidz because how is one suppose to separate something from something that both are soluble in. ie....Pfed and paracet if you get the drift!
Since their was never a finite method for the pain relievers, other than a/b that Ibee could discern, the successful trick had to be with the basing. Not pulling the paracet with cold h2o.
So carry on and good luck!
nosefirst: Ibee recently ran into a post by Rhodium that discuss the proper way to recycle Non-polars if I'm not mistaken but can't recall the thread off-hand!
Maybe someone else isn't suffering as bad from memory loss and wouldn't mind posting a link to it!
Peace of the REaction
Have FUN-Bee SAFE

halfkast

The water thingy always confused the Kidz...
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2003, 11:28:00 PM »
The water thingy always confused the Kidz because how is one suppose to separate something from something that both are soluble in. ie....Pfed and paracet if you get the drift!
Since their was never a finite method for the pain relievers, other than a/b that Ibee could discern, the successful trick had to be with the basing. Not pulling the paracet with cold h2o.
So carry on and good luck!

This is why cold water is chosen and not an A/B.

So you carry on and good luck ware! HAHa I got ya you PET.  :P   8)

Ware paracetemol is scantly soluble in water at low temperatures. pfed is.

dwarfer

question about the water
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2003, 06:35:00 PM »

8. decant all liquid from beaker into a suitable heat-resistant glass pan, bowl, etc.

OK lemmee ask a question.

You've saturated the GUP's with tetra,
put in the overlaying xylene or tol,
and a cupplea tsps. ":<) H2O.

Then you decant all INCLUDING the water thru a filter?

Or do you leave the water behind, or separate it?

<<Neither I nor the long lost Marvey have done this,
but it seems to me that washing the NP after filtering, with cold water, may be good.

(this may have been aleady covered, in which case I apologize..)
::)

SHORTY

Works without tetra!!
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2003, 06:52:00 PM »
Since i have yet to find tetra where i live i figured i would try this vcr cleaner shit that i had sittin on the shelf.  The label doesn't list any ingredients but it says safe on all plastic, leaves no residue and non-toxic so i figured it would bee ok.

I followed the write-up as written except i also used n-hexane for the np.  It worked fine and the n-hexane evaps very fast compared to tol or xly.  It was neccessary to wash the fb crystals with dh20 to remove what i suspect is peg.  I just scraped them off the evap dish into a coffee filter then rinsed the plate into the filter and squirted the dh20 onto the crystals until they where clear and then the worst part which is waiting for them to dry.  After several hours still not dry but the next day finally bone dry.

halfkast

HAha! That's so cool Shortie well done.
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2003, 10:09:00 PM »
HAha! That's so cool Shortie well done.
really happy with that finding.
so this solvent was non-toxic, and it didn't form a bottom layer but mixed with the n-hexane I'm guessing?
i wonder what it was?

SHORTY

I really don't know but it could have been.....
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2003, 02:44:00 AM »
Tetra although i seriously doubt it.  I couldn't tell how it interacted with the hexane cause i only used enough to dampen the gups.  Whatever it was it managed to keep the gups from floating and getting in the way and i was able to pour off all the hexane until nothing else would drain out.  Then added more along with about 5ml of dh20 stirred, boiled and poured off the hexane again.

As far as the water, i assume it gets absorbed by the sodium carbonate and gups.  When using toluene as the np then it would probably bee possible to actually boil the water out.  Hey, is that what we are supposed to be doing?  Makes sense but i never got it hot enough to boil out the water on prior extractions using tol. 

Is it suppose to bee that we add the water to bring out the fb and then boil the np until it reaches the boiling point of tol or at least 105 and then pour off the np?

ahgreich

decantation incantation
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2003, 04:17:00 PM »
the h20 is indeed kept in the gups. seriously doubt that the h20 gets boiled out, and the decanted liquid has always consisted of 1 layer in swib's xperience. n-whatever sounds nice for easier evap. The vmp freeze works but is not good for the impatient.
free de mind an de ass will follow.

nosefirst

2nd pull question...
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2003, 04:37:00 PM »
Could I just add more VM&P for a 2nd pull? Nose has been drying and repeating everything.

nosefirst

orange gakk...
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2003, 04:48:00 PM »
Forgot to mention...Trap works great on Red Devils W/orange gakk from Costa-Co.

SHORTY

I just add more np and another squirt of water
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2003, 05:43:00 PM »
As far as i know there is no need to dry it between pulls but since you have been doing it this way, how many pulls did you do?  Was there alot on the 2nd and 3rd pulls?  What about overall yeild?

nosefirst

getto job
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2003, 07:51:00 PM »
Today was the first time I've done a third pull. The results looked negligable, but it wasn't that cold today. Its in the back of my truck and I'll be able to tell in the AM. Second pulls have been worth it even for a getto job. I'd say about 2 or 3 grams. First pulls have been so laden they were droping crystals as soon as I decanted. I may need to add more vmp to begin with. Overall yield...hard to say, I've never even seen a scale, but I've seen lots of grams, or what was supposed to be, and I'd say it's at least 7 from 3x96x30mg. Looking forward to my first rxn.