Author Topic: beautiful  (Read 43918 times)

SHORTY

80% not bad
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2003, 09:19:00 PM »
7 grams would be a little over 80% yeild.  Can't complain about that.  My last extraction was of 300 60's w/trip and i got back 8.4g fb pseudo which would bee 10.2g hcl or 56% yeild.  Don't know what i am doing wrong but i can't much more than that no matter what method i use on these pills.

ahgreich

2nd pulls
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2003, 05:32:00 AM »
just follow the write-up. Additional pulls can be done with more vmp and a squirt. Bee carefull to moderate thy use of h20, as once you 'cross the line' you will be up shit creek with a big-ole sticky plastic gak-ball. swib's never dried between pulls.
the only variation that ahgreich has found to be truly promising is to squeeze out the first couple of tetra soakings, then proceed as normal - some gakk gets removed with the initial tetra that might reduce the already minimal gak that makes it through otherwise.

wareami

Awe in the timing...
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2003, 06:14:00 AM »
Ibee's minimal experience with tetra ;)  has always suggested that timing is everything.
Most of the routes to finetooning in relation to yields has cum about by adjusting setting times and solvent moisture of GUPS before moving ON to the next steps!
Squeezing off excess tetra has always acted as a poly vehicle for the kidz!
Peace of the REaction
Have FUN-Bee SAFE

Organikum

damned
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2003, 08:09:00 AM »
thats what I found out too whilst away.
Good work btw.
I used to boil in tetra til clear, wash with toluene, basify and extract with toluene.
Will try it your way next - sounds even more easy!

congrats
ORG

ahgreich

Microwaves for the family of the future
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2003, 09:09:00 AM »
After adding the squirt, stick the whole mess in a mic for a minute or so (stop every 20 seconds to observe and vent). Last xtract of 30 240's in a china teacup, only heat applied at all was 1 minute in microwave, decanted after settling for 2 minutes or so, humm-dinger.
One ghetto way of determining whether to abuse the gups further - let it sit and dry for a couple of days. any FB will be sparkly and quite evident.

energizer

Wareami -Japan Drier?
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2003, 03:42:00 PM »
Wareami, I see you mentioned JD in this thread. Just wondering if you're using it in conjunction with Ahgreich's method? Great write-up!

wareami

Balls of yarn :•þ
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2003, 08:02:00 PM »
Keeping the cats in bags is a full time job around here!

energizer: You've been reading too much :o  :P  and must have yer threads mixed UP...
After rereading this thread, I see no mention of JD ;)
Ibee strictly uses JD to battle orangeII gaak and he is still in studymode in regards to FB pfed.
Experimentation is slated to commence soon.
Nothing so far has been reported about OrangeII gaak showing UP after employing the tetratrap, so chances are slim that it will used as it would introduce variables not included in the write-UP.
Ibee tends to complicate things only as a last ditch effort 8)
Peace of the REaction
Have FUN-Bee SAFE

Scottydog

Helpful tips!
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2003, 07:14:00 PM »
Concerning 120's...

After boiling with toluene to extract the freebase and running the solvent through the cottonball filter.

The time comes to finally evaporate the solvent.

It has been noted that some PEG comes through, as miniscule as it might bee.

It is evidenced by its yellow, oil-like consistency.

It has been debated that Orange2 gakk may actually bee a heavier weight PEG?

Swim feels that whatever it is, is easiest to remove at the freebase stage.

It is best NOT to totally evaporate all of the solvent.

Once the solvent is gone, where does the gakk go? It reattaches itself to the pseudo!

It is best to evaporate the tolly until a "skin" starts to form (supersaturated) and then turn off the heat (leaving the evaporation dish) still on the hotplate and allowing it to slowly cool.

When totally cool a clear/white crystalline mass will have formed at the bottom in a yellow oil-like/ toluene layer.

This oil/gakk/tolly layer can bee simply poured off. Some of this oil layer may get trapped under the crystalline mass. A screwdriver or glass stir rod can bee employed to tear a chunk of FB away from the wall of the dish to allow the remaining oil to bee decanted.

In a dream, Swim recrystallized 1x with water.

Then he took the freebase, scrapped it into a 1 qt mason (added fresh toluene with equal volume of water)

Then the goal was to drip in muriatic acid until the water layer reaches a Ph of 6.

After shaking the jar like hell one can separate the water from the toluene with a turkey baster.

Filter the water through a charmin plug.

Evaporate the water.

Wash the crystals with acetone.

Swim swears it is some of the cleanest pseudo HCl that he has ever seen.

He feels that any yield loss is negligible.

No PEG/ Orange2 gakk

superman

possibly i'm blind but it seems like there's...
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2003, 02:31:00 PM »
possibly i'm blind but it seems like there's no sodium carbonate where i've been looking.  bicarbonate shou8ld work just as well right? same amount should make no difference as well?

jello

sodium carbonate is ph+
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2003, 02:53:00 PM »
Sodium carbonate is really easy to find if you live in the US or Canada, most likely everywhere that has swimming pools. They even have it at supermarkets where I'm from (Los Angeles). Just go to Wally's or your local "home improvement superstore" and look for the pool care aisle. It's hard to miss! :)

Un_Chambered

Check by the laundry detergents in the ...
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2003, 05:18:00 PM »
Check by the laundry detergents in the supermarket,look for "washing soda" or "super washing soda".
Peace,Chambered

Scottydog

baking the bicarbonate
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2003, 02:10:00 AM »
"bicarbonate shou8ld work just as well right? same amount should make no difference as well?"

Swim just buys baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) and pours it into a pyrex pie plate and bakes it in the oven, 350° for about an hour and a half.

superman

thx guys
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2003, 08:40:00 PM »
strangely enough i checked two canadian supermarkets and neither had washing soda in the detergents section.   great tip scotty, decompose the bicarb w/heat.   thanks for the answers guys

SQUIDIPPY

borax
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2003, 08:54:00 PM »

Check by the laundry detergents in the supermarket,look for "washing soda" or "super washing soda

Look right beside the Borax.

spectralshift

thanks for the answers guys That's alright...
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2003, 10:15:00 PM »

suss

xylene instead of toluene?
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2003, 11:59:00 AM »
Hey all,

Is it OK to use xylene instead of toluene for the tetra trap? Can anyone verify it's success with xylene?

Cheers.

geezmeister

xylene
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2003, 01:17:00 PM »
Xylene presents the problem of having a noxious smell if evaporated. Much worse than tolulene. If you can't use tolly, I suggest VM&P naptha, hot, with chilling after the extraction to produce freebase crystals rather than evaporation. Xylene will extract the pseudo fb very well, but you may wish to gas for the HCl form rather than evaporate.

SHORTY

GAS
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2003, 06:01:00 PM »
I have been using xylene instead of toluene and do as geez suggested and gas for the hcl form.  I gas and then do the xylene precipatation in the same xylene with excellent results.  Xylene takes forever to evap but if you don't mind waiting it will work.

gluecifer69

A question for Geezmeister or Shorty
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2003, 07:15:00 PM »
Is there a specific reason for not titrating Xylene?  Scottydog metioned that he had excellent results titrating tolly.

Just wondering?

suss

Why o Why??
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2003, 08:42:00 PM »
Excuse me in my ignorance, but.....

1) Here we go again! That damn VM&P naptha! Swim tells you, this stuff just does not seem to exist in Oz. He's sure it does, but is called something else. But he just can't find it, at least not from a convienient source. Swim can't store chemicals for risk of detection, and thus needs to be able to purchase them easily. Can he use someting else? Is aromatic naptha OK? He can get that easy in the form of enamel paint thinner. What about mineral turps or acetone? he can also get xylene easy, but....

2) Why is it necessary to gas with xylene and not with toluene? Can you just acidify instead? What advantage does this provide, and how will it affect the MA synth? What is the probelem with not gassing (or acidifying if that works)? Why does a change in the solvent require a different extraction (evap or gas) technique?

Sorry about the really dumb questions, but your advice would be much appreciated.