Author Topic: Methanol Technical; Clean or Not  (Read 4781 times)

B_F

Methanol Technical; Clean or Not
« on: September 12, 2004, 04:11:00 PM »
For extraction the pure E from Pills I wanna use Methanol Technical II... Thats what it says on the package.
Is that clean or not? Can I use it?
Greatz B_F
Thx...

biffman

Where to start with this one....
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 04:49:00 AM »
I don't know what sort of extraction you are trying to do, or why or how you think methanol would work for getting MDMA out of pills. 
  All I can say to you is that methanol (which is also known as methyl hydrate, usually available at your local hardware store or building supplier) is about the easiest solvent to obtain. 
 Because you are asking whether the "Technical II" (whatever that is) is 'clean'? or not just indicates that you need to know more about what you are trying to do.
  Now that you know that methanol is the least of your worries for E extraction you should maybe post a question about how to go about doing the extraction and why you think methanol is important for that.
  Be warned, if you do not take the time to UTFSE (Use The Fuckin Search Engine) there is often little patience around here for complete newbies dropping in and looking for someone to hold their hand and lead them through the garden path.
 Good luck.

ChemoSabe

Ecstacy or Ephedrine?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 05:01:00 AM »
If you are after ephedrine and the pills are gakked badly the cleanest methanol in the world won't help you out.

Pots

Methanol Quality
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004, 05:12:00 AM »
Where I come from AR Grade Methanol from a chem supplier is $140 for a 20 litre container.
I buy my Methanol from a racing car fuel supply shop for $28 for a 20 litre container. I don't know what grade it is but it has always worked well with all synths that I have performed.
After a while you get a feel for which chemicals you can get away with using a cheap lower grade and which ones you need to use AR quality.

XrLeap

from your post, SWIM thinks that you are ...
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 03:39:00 PM »
from your post, SWIM thinks that you are extracting E, mdma?

one can probably powder his pills, dissolve all in water. yes, water will do. Use any np solvent to wash it, twice at least if you are asking for purity. Keep the water solution and discard the non-polar solvent wash(es). Add NaOH solution to make the water solution kept very alkaline, say 12 or 13. Extract 3 times with your choice of np solvent. Distill the solvent, now you get not quite pure "E", mdma freebase. proceed to distill the free base, and you get now, purer freebase. And read up A/B extraction would surely help.:)