Site > News

Bye OXY

(1/2) > >>

hamsterbob:
Purdue Pharma, the maker of OxyContin, has agreed to plead guilty to three federal criminal charges for its role in creating the nation's opioid crisis and will pay more than $8 billion and close down the company.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/21/business/purdue-pharma-guilty-plea/index.html

Sawdust and Honey:
Politics aside, maybe that's for the better? Such addictive opioids is something I frown upon - maybe contrary to the general philosophy of drug-interested chemists.

arkoma:
It's one thing buying Heroin, for example, from the streets. There is damn sure no implied "fitness/quality control, known strength".

Purdue aggressively marketed Oxy's, and outright stated that they not addictive more than 1% of the time, if taken under Dr, supervision.  They KNEW they were lying.

Really glad I just plain don't care for opiates, unless I am really hurting.

stoichiometric_steve:
They won't close down, the company will be sold to make up for the money needed to pay the fines (because the Sacklers withdrew 10 Billion $ in anticipation of the lawsuit) and they will still make Oxycontin.

Kaiser Soze:
Yeah, Sacklers bought their way out of this fiasco.  Thank God Trump has drained the swamp!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version