Site > News

$1B of Bitcoin from Silk Road wallet moves for first time since 2015

(1/4) > >>

ketosis:

--- Quote ---According to a Nov. 3 report from crypto intelligence firm CipherTrace, the recent movement involving two transactions adding up to 69,370 Bitcoin (BTC) — or more than $960 million at the time of publication — originated from an address connected with the Silk Road marketplace shut down in 2013. The crypto user first sent 1 BTC — likely as a test transaction — before moving the bulk of the coins.
--- End quote ---

https://cointelegraph.com/news/1b-of-bitcoin-from-silk-road-wallet-moves-for-first-time-since-2015

I'm pretty into this stuff and I can vouche for cointelegraph.  I mean, there's BS and FUD everywhere, but it's one of the biggest news sources and they don't skew stories or have an agenda.

This little site here, and you guys are kinda special to me.  So i'll say:  if you're not up to date, stayign up to the minute up to date on bitcoin and similar TODAY, you're gonna think of me and imagine the "I told ya so" dance=P

BUt yeah, that couldn't be Ross Ulbricht's wallet.  It must have been a major vendor.  Damn that's some money.  I guess  most of it is appreciation since 2013

nzniceguy:
Quote "This little site here, and you guys are kinda special to me.  So i'll say:  if you're not up to date, stayign up to the minute up to date on bitcoin and similar TODAY, you're gonna think of me and imagine the "I told ya so" dance=P"

What do you mean? It would pay to invest in bitcoin right now? Or something else?

ketosis:
That:  Very Very likely
what I mean: Much Much more than just financial gain via trading a commodity/currency.
The news says it all

ketosis:
Narrow a simple value vs. your countries currency chart starting from October 5th until now.
Had you asked me on October 5th, I probably would have said something similar

hamsterbob:
I wonder how that works? to my knowledge there was a massive sale of all the vendor coins at one stage.
How can you move your coins out of a seized wallet?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version