Author Topic: THC butane extraction: A theory  (Read 8365 times)

mr_happy2

THC butane extraction: A theory
« on: November 25, 2001, 03:56:00 AM »
Ok, I've been playing around with the simple butane extraction of oil from cabbage and found that the ammount of butane needed to get enough oil was quite high (I would have to use 4 250ml bottles to get maybe half a capfull :( )

I was thinking that if it was boiling at room temperature, then maybe it might be easier to place 3-4 cans worth of b (thats what its called in our group  8) ) into a container, add 1 oz or cabbage, put a lid on it, and freeze.

I dont know what the boiling point for butane is.... does anyone here know?? would doing this give the butane more time to reach into the plant and take what is needed?? Something for all to think about......

GhEttoKheM

Re: THC butane extraction: A theory
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2001, 04:49:00 AM »
isnt too hard to find it.
mp:-138.35
bp:-.45

i have 0 new messages.

PoohBear4Ever

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2001, 05:32:00 AM »
SWIP also got poor yield on the butane extractions, and favored using acetone.  Not as selective, but much easier to handle than C2H6...

PB

* Can anyone come up with a way to extract the acetone extraction with butane, thus perhaps getting more of the goods out with less solvent waste?

terbium

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2001, 05:45:00 AM »
Butane is C4H10 . C2H6 is ethane.

PoohBear4Ever

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2001, 06:11:00 AM »
Meth, eth, prop, but.. got it!  Talk about sticking one's foot in their mouth.

Chemist I am not,

PB

mr_happy2

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2001, 10:44:00 AM »
interesting how everyone got a bad yeild  :( , but the question I have to ask is does Acetone give same quality oil as butane?? Butane oil is very concerntrated (sorry about spelling..... I have no excuse ;D ) and can really get you quite well toasted. Does Acetone give similar results, i.e Colour similar to golden syrup, and an almost non-existant taste?

lugh

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2001, 11:49:00 AM »

Does Acetone give similar results, i.e Colour similar to golden syrup, and an almost non-existant taste?

No, it doesn't, UTFSE!!!

IcAnMe

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2001, 08:39:00 PM »
hello its nice to be back i know how to pull more i dream about pulling about 6 grams a can with the lighter butane not that much smell in it first dont use the plastic pvc leaves a film on it on first couple pulls. u need to machine something to presirize the butane i dreamt about making a metal tube with to caps on the end one end there is a one way valve i dreamt about getting from a refillable lighter the other end i dreamt there was a gas valve i then put the cabbage in the tube and sealed it o ya i allmost forget the important thing there was lock nuts on both caps i blow a couple loads all over the room while laughing because it left a mark on the wall when it blows u dont want to get hit by the cap it will leave a nice dent in your head if u get hit by it ok then i butane in it intill the can wont take any more then i put the tube in dry ice in a ice box to keep it cool and let it absorb in the cabbage after letting it sit for a hour i then called the pizza guy and jacked him for his bag  i took the core out of the pizza bag and plugged it in the wall to get it nice and hot i put the pryex glass dish i found and a 3.5 metal slide part for a scraper then it was time to pull it i opened the end and let the liquid drip out u will c the butane start to boal off no water moister with the heat core only 1 problem i need help with i pull the green tint to its not honey i heard if u put it in alchole it will take it out but is that true if so i would then say this is the best way Ive ever dremt about

Buddman strikes again

P.S. forgive the spelling

paranoid

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2001, 09:46:00 PM »
IcAnMe - your post is almost as difficult to read as an F-man post.  Periods are useful.

IcAnMe

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2001, 10:04:00 PM »
I knew i would get flamed for posting like that. Im sorry I will try to make it better next time. If there is any ? u have please just message me and I will try and clear it up.

Buddman strikes again

PoohBear4Ever

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2001, 10:37:00 PM »
mr_happy2:  The oil obtained from acetone is black, has what I consider to be the usual hash taste, and will get you very much stoned.  SWIP could tell the C4H10 was better, but he only was able to get ~1g per 1/2oz (4x tried, 3x used different green). From acetone, he got 3.5g per 1/2oz, but it will induce massive caughing fits.  Also, used some grain alcohol back in the day (didn't know any better), and got a green oil (chlorophyl (sp?) contaminated) that still was able to get one well stoned.

PB

BTW, on larger scales, I thought I read somewhere that acetone soak for one week was most efficent means of extraction. Am I mistaken?

IcAnMe

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2001, 11:48:00 PM »
i pulled a lot my way. i heard of people making it out of bong reisin but i heard it taste nasty.

Buddman strikes again

foxy2

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2001, 05:47:00 AM »
I think if you let it sit long enough or let the temp get above -45 then you get green too.  With hexane I got thick green paste.  Never really smoked it so I don't know if its potent.  Why on earth smoke that shit when there is nice green nugs around?  I want to roll a HUGE joint(kind nugs) with a about 3 grams of hash oil in the middle and bring it to a party.  That would bee fun to watch!!!  I wouldn't even tell anyone its from me, just pass it along. :)

Do Your Part To Win The War

Bwiti

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2001, 11:02:00 AM »
"That would bee fun to watch!!!  I wouldn't even tell anyone its from me, just pass it along."

It sounds like you know how to have a good time! Seeing the look on their faces when it hits is a real treat! ;D

Split a piece of wood and I am there. Lift a stone and you will find me.

GhEttoKheM

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2001, 05:17:00 AM »
ether?

i have 0 new messages.

Bozakium

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2001, 08:15:00 AM »
'Tis best to first use an easy-to handle, safe solvent, then re-extract with a small amount of the nasty ones(i.e.Et2O). Since butane boils at close to zero degrees C, use an ice/salt cooled condensing tube( copper coil OK) and let room temp reflux your butane. Make a nice little soxhlet baket for the best extraction. Much less solvent needed this way, and less BOOM potential.

Alfred_k_loyd

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2001, 05:28:00 PM »
We do not condone the use of FREON at this board. It destroys mother Gaia and especially her ozone layer, making this place uninhabitable, so that it doesn't matter how much drugs you have managed to accumulate using such chemicals, your and everyone elses lives will still be shit. /Rhodium

b159510

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2001, 05:44:00 PM »
ether is good, but brings out some waxy - cellulose type stuff. incredibly powerful, paranoia-inducing sh*t. words just can't describe the high. i would like to isolate a little of it by GC and then run an NMR to see just what is in there. if you're wanting to re-evaluate every facet of your existence with white-knuckle intensity, i recommend the ether extraction on an immature plant of high quality northern lights strain.

Back to the Primitive

Ghost_Of_BT

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2001, 05:48:00 PM »
Now I'm wondering if it is realy woth the effort to react the oil with H2SO4? What is the expected increase in %THC? Man, I wish I had some AA to make some THC acetate (among other things).

IcAnMe

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2001, 10:28:00 PM »
In the experiment im using a aluminum tube would it be better to use copper? Im using the tube to pressurize the butane to keep it a liqued is this not the right way to do it? Im getting good pull but lots of other stuff than yummy hash to. To much chlorophyll to i heard isopropal can fix this but i dont liek soaking it gives a bad taste.

Buddman  Strikes again