Author Topic: glasswear.  (Read 2067 times)

C_ka

glasswear.
« on: August 10, 2004, 04:35:00 AM »
sorry to ask this question, but i utfse and find either no results or 2000 (maximum results), so hear goes..

i was wondering what would be more experianced (And wiser) bees choice of glass wear for a basic organic set? any favourite brands/must have peices that you would get if you were buying new glass and starting from tabula rasa? i want to start investing in my future now, instead of buying everything in one lump.
so hows about it? what would you get if you had to pick your set again?

cheers

ApprenticeCook

Brands vary from country to country....
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 05:31:00 AM »
Brands vary from country to country.... which are you?
In oz schott / duran are the most common and hence the easiest to get....
You use tabula rasa as a hit word, why? just learn it or something?
But yes from an empty slate one would be getting a collection slowly and carefully these days especially....

-AC

C_ka

no i didn't use tabula rasa as a hit word,...
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 06:39:00 AM »
no i didn't use tabula rasa as a hit word, sorry if it sounds like i did. im in NZ so i suppose AU would be the way to go, i dont think we have any major suppliers here.

fnord

cheap
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 08:59:00 AM »
theres an exelent chem auction site if you search for it

biffman

Everything is interchangeable
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 08:27:00 PM »
If you truly are starting from tabula rasa and need to ask this question I hope that you will be able to deal with the sourcing of chems that come afterwards.  But you're doing the right thing by asking for info.
  what would you get if you had to pick your set again?
  I am of the impression that a lot of bees don't "pick a set", but rather obtain pieces from here or there.  This is necessary anyways since you will end up breaking pieces all too often.  (Cooking while drinking may be fun initially but generally not recommended).
  It varies from country to country but as fnord hinted at earlier, you can buy any glassware components piece by piece from various sources.  Either locally or on the net. (Your mileage may vary).
  Brand names are not too important but unless you're a pro with a preference (which you are obviously not) you would be safer to purchase the pieces separately.  If you don't live in North America it is a bit harder to find  glassware suppliers that will ship to you but certainly not impossible.
  Just make sure all the joints are 24/40 in size  (the most common) and take it from there.
  This is of course assuming that you know what all the individual pieces are called, and what they look like.
 But I am assuming that that's a given.

ranxerox

Buying auction glass.
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 10:56:00 PM »
One thing you should keep in mind when buying auction glass is feedback.  How many times have you looked at an auction winners feedback and it reads like the first page of the Bright Star synth?  One place has the option to make your feedback private.

ApprenticeCook

Or dont leave text feedback, just mark them...
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 12:07:00 AM »
Or dont leave text feedback, just mark them...

In NZ there are a few but less than OZ and the ability to have it shipped from such a close place would be easier...
As far as i know the customs arrangment between OZ and NZ is fairly relaxed right?

-AC

p2e3r4f5e6c7t8

Go and check this out mate, AD number 222483...
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2004, 10:26:00 AM »