Author Topic: Nitrous Oxide - 'New' Methods  (Read 2507 times)

Bwiti

Nitrous Oxide - 'New' Methods
« on: December 23, 2001, 02:08:00 AM »

Here's some info on the production of nitrous oxide I found at:

http://www.c-f-c.com/specgas_products/nitrous.htm

"It is prepared by the action of zinc on dilute nitric acid, by the action of hydroxylamine hydrochloride (NH2OH HCl) on sodium nitrite (NaNO2), and, most commonly, by the decomposition of ammonium nitrate (NH4NO3)."

That is fucking sweet! About a year ago, I searched all over the net for an N2O synth that doesn't require ammonium nitrate, and I couldn't find shit. Today, I ran across the above quote while doing a search on hydroxylamine and MDOH. Ahhhh, reminds me of the great times I had when I combined nitrous and weed. Even if you don't love it as much as me, it's easy to make, and it'll hold you over until you can get the cash/materials together to make your favorite drug. "it'll hold you over" -> If you're like me, then you always need to have some type of illegal substance in your system.
  What do they mean by "dilute" nitric acid? So, when the zinc is added to the nitric acid, zinc nitrate and N2O are produced? What would the ratio of zinc nitrate/N2O be? Any educated guesses, patent#'s, and references would be appreciated.
  Is the synth that uses hydroxylamine hcl/nitrite a cleaner, more efficient way of making N2O? Ratio by weight of chems? H2O as a solvent? How would I go about doing this? Peace! 8)

Love my country. Fear my government.

PoohBear4Ever

Re: Nitrous Oxide - 'New' Methods
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2001, 09:53:00 AM »

If you're like me, then you always need to have some type of illegal substance in your system.

Nitrous isn't listed as of yet... ;)

PB

123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748

terbium

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2001, 09:55:00 AM »
Is the synth that uses hydroxylamine hcl/nitrite a cleaner, more efficient way of making N2O? Ratio by weight of chems? H2O as a solvent?

http://leda.lycaeum.org/Documents/Cocaine_Synthesis_Notes.12948.shtml

See the part on the preparation of succindialdehyde from succindioxime, N2O is a byproduct. They have two variant preparations given in the first and third paragraphs in the succindialdehyde section. The third paragraph states that if you add nitrite too fast you will get NOX as well as N2O. I don't remember noticing any NOX when I did this many years ago, just the gentle effervescence of N2O.

Bwiti

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2001, 07:16:00 PM »
"I don't remember noticing any NOX when I did this many years ago, just the gentle effervescence of N2O."

Thanks! I'll take some info from that coke doc, and info of my search and get my ass over to a patent database and see what I can come up with, because N2O made from ammonium nitrate always has a sour taste, no matter how many times I bubble it through NaOH.. I have a bag of nitrate, but I can't remember if it's ammonium or sodium.. Don't you just love it when you find chemicals that you didn't even know you had.

"Nitrous isn't listed as of yet."

It might as well be illegal, because I've asked several companies, and none of the bastards give in. They always react to my request like I was asking for hydrogen cyanide, and most of them ask for a medical/dental registration number. I refuse to pay a buck for a hit at a hippy festival, and those whip-it canisters are only for the desperate, because they cost way too much. I love being self sufficient. Very liberating. Peace! 8)

PolytheneSam

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2001, 08:39:00 PM »
Look what I found.  Too bad its empty.  Maybe I can get it refilled.

http://www.geocities.com/dritte123/PSPF.html

Lem2

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2002, 02:41:00 PM »
how about this? yum.....

http://mattson.creighton.edu/N2O/

"Gently heating a dilute nitric acid solution of ammonium nitrate in the presence of small amounts of chloride gives almost pure N2O"

I wonder how "small" the amount of chloride has to be?

Hows about throwing a large excess of NH4NO3 into some HCL?
 you would get HNO3 and NH4CL, with some unreacted NH4NO3 left over(?). gently heat the mixture, nitrous is dispenced into a large punch-balloon for later! 8)

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Bwiti

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2002, 08:22:00 PM »
That link was cool. Here's something from there that I could scale up:
"Boiling Water Bath Method.
    Before starting, prepare a hot water bath at a continuous boil. In a small clean test tube, measure out 0.05 g NaCl and 1.0 g NH4NO3.  Measure out 5 mL of 6 M HNO3 and add to the test tube.  Gently swirl the mixture until all of solid is completely dissolved.  Transfer mixture to a small weighing boat.  Lubricate a 60 mL syringe and draw the liquid mixture from the weighing boat.  Cap the syringe and place in boiling hot water bath.  It will take about 20 - 30 minutes to completely fill a syringe with N2O by this method."

How about dissolving nitrous oxide in orange juice under a little pressure? That might be a tasty beverage! 8)

moo

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2002, 03:57:00 PM »
Trying to burp nitrous are we? You might also try going to the café and ordering two pints of whipped cream. I bet the lungs are a better way of getting gases to the bloodstream.

understanding is everything

transform

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2002, 05:14:00 AM »
The easiest way to get nitrous is to buy like auto grade, build a water bong to filter the shit and fill ballons from it. swim did it and it works fine. just a hassle after awhile cause you have to change the water or your throat starts to hurt like hell.

terbium

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2002, 07:21:00 PM »
How much gas is in the little cartridges for the whipped cream dispensers?

foxy2

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2002, 07:49:00 PM »
"How much gas is in the little cartridges for the whipped cream dispensers?"

Not enough, probably 1.5 liters i would estimate.  So you need at least 2 for a decent buzz, but I would rather have a big punch baloon full.  Convulsions are fun  :o

Foxy is doin just fine.

transform

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2002, 08:40:00 PM »
For the water bong to be used i meant something in this nature. It works..Sorry the picture is crappy...this is for hooking up to a tank filled with car nitrous to filter out the shitt thats in it btw ::)