Author Topic: dpt freebase  (Read 2821 times)

snapper

dpt freebase
« on: May 14, 2001, 11:31:00 PM »
I looked around but I cannot find the melting point of dipropyltryptamine freebase.  I have always heard of it described as an oil, yet someone recently described their sample as a tacky, crystalline white-tan solid.  Anyone have that info handy?  The HCl salt has a mp of 174.5-178°.

Thanks.

superhybrid

Re: dpt freebase
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2001, 05:28:00 AM »
I would assume that since tryptamine has a mp around 120 deg. C that the N,N-dipropyl derivative would be slighly higher but I could be wrong.

Lilienthal

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2001, 11:21:00 AM »
Somone gave me the following info:

DPT is an oil after distillation. Induction of crystallization is very hard and crystallization is slowly.

mp: 40°C - 42°C (white to light yellow amorphous substance with a skatole-like smell, stored several months at -20°C, purified by vacuum distillation)

snapper

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2001, 05:18:00 AM »
Thanks Lilienthal, I figured you would have the final word.  The MP is right, and the pharmacology is right, so I am assuming that aforementioned acquaintence is indeed in possession of that rare 'crystallized' DPT freebase.  Perhaps refrigeration or freezing combined with prolonged storage?  Who knows!
If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it must be a duck.